Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Hi mark his was on South Wales thread taken in Swansea land ore,Leo’s homecare ford :slight_smile: did see you yesterday mate :smiley:

IMG_5003 (1).JPG

I saw this as I am a big BRS fan , I was on BRS from 84 onwards ,yts then my apprenticeship ,then later on long distance driving on the Habitat contract and then the last 18 months on the Atlet contract , I Thought when I jacked in the place would fold lol :open_mouth: what a fool I was ,any how that is how I ended back with dad here .

smallcoal:
Hi mark his was on South Wales thread taken in Swansea land ore,Leo’s homecare ford :slight_smile: did see you yesterday mate :smiley:

Hi John & Steve,
John when ever we seem to see each other on the M4 it’s always inbetween vehicles mate :smiley:
Yes I’ve just seen this pic…it’s a blast this one of the Leo’s D series BRS contract vehicles there were 2 D series a 7.5 Ton and a 10 ton D series the both trucks serviced the The then Gorseinon and Cross Hands stores but alas the Co op abolished the name in the late 80s and changed it to Living…they never renewed the contract with the BRS to.

I also remember the Foden tractor unit to it was based at the old National Carriers Yard in the railway sidings just off Prince of Wales road in Swansea…the BRS moved in with the NCL after they sold the site in the strand…that Foden was part of the BRS rental fleet at one point…that’s were this pic was taken.

Steve didn’t know you work for BRS mate ?

image-2.jpeg

oiltreader:
Thanks to all for kind remarks re postings :smiley: any of you had experience of this kinda thing seen here in Germany
Oily

Those lifts are very popular in Europe,saves so much work.

Furniture haulier in Denmark.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Thanks to all for kind remarks re postings :smiley: any of you had experience of this kinda thing seen here in Germany
Oily

Those lifts are very popular in Europe,saves so much work.

Furniture haulier in Denmark.

Click on pages twice to read.

Shows how popular fords were on furniture :smiley:

New Bishops move at Sparshafts.

Gonna pop an article on the LDD thread which will intrest some of you on here. :wink:

DEAN B ,that looks a beast .

DEANB:

It’s Sparshatts Dean :wink:

NFI what that wagon was but Carl will know.

ParkRoyal2100:

DEANB:

It’s Sparshatts Dean :wink:

NFI what that wagon was but Carl will know.

If it’s the one I have seen previously it is an Albion. By the way the front wheels are set back it is a coach chassis and therefore I would imagine an Albion Victor, which was not the best of vehicles.

I recently wrote a comparrison of a C reg Albion Victor with body by Arington compared to one of our D reg Bedford Marsdens and the engine life was the Bedford achiving twice mileage of Albion Bedford getting much better fuel consumption. Vehicle life Bedford lasting twice as many years as Albion

Belgium removal truck on a AEC coach chassis from 1968.

removals 1968a.PNG

Hi mark,not been able to get down west been busy 2 nights out West Country not stopped all week other pump driver off so been covering on my own I think I’m on west wales Monday ,had to bring this page back to its original page as not to let it slide :laughing: cheers John

smallcoal:
Hi mark,not been able to get down west been busy 2 nights out West Country not stopped all week other pump driver off so been covering on my own I think I’m on west wales Monday ,had to bring this page back to its original page as not to let it slide :laughing: cheers John

Hi John,
I was getting worried this page slipping :smiley:
You been flat out mate…hope you other pump man returns asap mate.
I think we are all getting distracted by Dean and Paul with the great pics and stories there putting up :smiley:

I will leave the next batch of CMs with Dean for you exchange ok mate.

Little pic of me having to unload back to front this week…the job behind went t××× up…so had to get to the job on the front from side door :smiley:

This way up chap ! :laughing:

DEANB:
This way up chap ! :laughing:

Lol :smiley: …thanks Dean…can not work out on my phone how to correct it…need to get one of the youngsters on it when I remember :smiley:

Sparshatts advert from 1970.

Mark, your wagons looks bloody clean from the photos mate . busy busy busy ? ! :open_mouth: :smiley:

JAKEY:
Mark, your wagons looks bloody clean from the photos mate . busy busy busy ? ! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Hi Steve,
Yes busy busy mate…wagon not had a wash in three weeks done a France run to in that time to mate :smiley:

How you doing Steve…how’s the new truck coming on ?

Hello Mark,

We got a job to france in the MAN now booked in the 20th of September , DAF going to Dublin tomorrow ,got a trade assistance with Irish relocation Tuesday at 1pm, The MAN is in for MOT Wednesday morning.
New TGL ! waiting for the chassis to arrive still.

Busy at the moment ,even I have been out on my old merc doing moves and my kitchen and bathroom contract work is flat out.

I just turned a college job down at least 30 containers in to storage from September to June :open_mouth: long story but I know Robinsons had a job getting money out of the building contractor who were paying for the job , I am still doing the senior member moves for the college direct though .

JAKEY:
Hello Mark,

We got a job to france in the MAN now booked in the 20th of September , DAF going to Dublin tomorrow ,got a trade assistance with Irish relocation Tuesday at 1pm, The MAN is in for MOT Wednesday morning.
New TGL ! waiting for the chassis to arrive still.

Busy at the moment ,even I have been out on my old merc doing moves and my kitchen and bathroom contract work is flat out.

I just turned a college job down at least 30 containers in to storage from September to June :open_mouth: long story but I know Robinsons had a job getting money out of the building contractor who were paying for the job , I am still doing the senior member moves for the college direct though .

Hi Steve…I dropped a small lot into BMI redhill lastweek for Irish relo to take to Northen Ireland for us.

Maybe having heads up from Robinsons about payment on that storage job may have saved you an headache Steve !

My truck doing a France run again week the 27th. …it won’t be me thou i’m on Holiday :smiley: .

Did you expect to be waiting this long for the new truck Steve ?

Mark , I use to do the work for the previous builder but they went bust ,not owing me any think I would like to say ,but this certain builder was messing me and Robinsons about with the quotes ,adding this and that and changing the goal posts , any how Robinsons got the job thinking they were having 40 containers in to store :open_mouth: ,any how it turned out it was three containers and to top it off with supplied a crew to assist them :laughing: ,any how they were messed about and had 30 outstanding invoices :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: .

They then won the tender the following year and asked me and Robinsons to tender for the work again ,but we both declined the job which put them in a tricky situation because we are the two recommended firms, they badgered me and Robinsons ,and finally Robinsons gave in , all I can say is watch this space :laughing:

Like I said earlier we are still the preferred firm the college use and they pay on time and never ask for a quote, just do the job.