Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

JAKEY:
Hello Lads , thank you for the comments , had to have a night out last friday in my wagon with “the hoff” in his motor in Falmouth :laughing: , long story but got home 6pm on Saturday evening :imp: still busy Mark ,one man short again ,long story :imp: ■■■■■■ off .

Hi Steve,
What was with the job in Falmouth…big job was it with the two vehicles of yours down there…or Tranship ?
Got one or two of the lads off with us at the moment…one broke is ankle to much to drink over the weekend :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi lads,had phone call 6.30 to go to hospital we weren’t expecting my dad wouldn’t last the day ,he pulled through somehow I haven’t long got in they monitoring him so see what tomorrow brings :frowning:

Hi John,
How’s your dad now mate !
Hope all is ok for him

DEANB:
Shore Porters.

Click on pages twice.

Hi Dean,
Another great article. …this company as a lot of history Shore Porters Society. …I remember this vehicle in the article well…I’ve been up to Shore Porters in Aberdeen many times over the years…especially the old store and head office in Virginia Street in Aberdeen.
I had the pleasure of seeing this Vanplan integral parked outside Virginia Street when it was new…Vanplan built the vehicle for Shore Porters on a Leyland Leopard coach chassis …it was built and designed for speed and comfort for the regular journeys from Aberdeen to London…and I remember talking to the guys operating it at that time and they were very happy with it…and it was fast to.
I have seen pics of it on one of .the forums in a scrap yard in the last couple of years…but truely a beautiful looking vehicle in its day.
Shore Porters bought out Rumseys of Twickenham for a London base to.

Mark , we loaded on the thursday on to the “hoffs” motor fully ,i went back in the morning for the overnight items ,but we always knew there was a problem with the contracts ,we were suppose to unload the overnights at the new residence (which would of been around 5pm) then park up in Falmouth ,and in the morning with the help of a local removal company ,tip and return on Saturday (we knew it would be around 6pm ,any how there was a problem with the keys ,so we had to tip it in too two steel containers and the garden items and the fridges went on the local companies luton deliver after 2pm on Monday !!! :open_mouth: ,any how good job because we could not get any where near the house with the 18t :imp: bloody trees again !! we lost our brand new tough wall wardrobe cartons :imp: i went down in my 6t and the hoff in his motor plus we took Alan our senior packer for a ride out (although he done my head in with his constant talking !!! :unamused:

Hi lads,just an update he has gone downhill ,looks like he could be gone by the end of the week thanks for your thoughts and prayers lads

Hi lads,I won’t be on for a while my old man passed away tonight thanks for your thoughts John

smallcoal:
Hi lads,I won’t be on for a while my old man passed away tonight thanks for your thoughts John

Thats very sad news John. :frowning: RIP

So sorry to hear this john ,my thoughts are with you and your family . :frowning:

smallcoal:

Hi John,
I’m very sorry to hear of your dads passing…my thoughts are with you and your family mate.

JAKEY:
Mark , we loaded on the thursday on to the “hoffs” motor fully ,i went back in the morning for the overnight items ,but we always knew there was a problem with the contracts ,we were suppose to unload the overnights at the new residence (which would of been around 5pm) then park up in Falmouth ,and in the morning with the help of a local removal company ,tip and return on Saturday (we knew it would be around 6pm ,any how there was a problem with the keys ,so we had to tip it in too two steel containers and the garden items and the fridges went on the local companies luton deliver after 2pm on Monday !!! :open_mouth: ,any how good job because we could not get any where near the house with the 18t :imp: bloody trees again !! we lost our brand new tough wall wardrobe cartons :imp: i went down in my 6t and the hoff in his motor plus we took Alan our senior packer for a ride out (although he done my head in with his constant talking !!! :unamused:

Hi Steve,
Sad to hear of Johns dads passing …hope he’s ok.

Yes bloody trees Steve…this is the only problem in the removal game is the access…the risk of damage to the vehicle is ten times more than just running up and down motorways like most other trucks on the road…like yourself I will not force the truck up lanes and other tight access properties .
But know a lot of drivers that would not think twice about forcing there truck up lanes.
Nothing worse having to leave good material behind like good wardrobe cartons…your customer sounds as if she was not organised when it came to the keys to the property…but saying that it seems to be getting more and more these days not being able to get the keys for the property…the Friday feeling Steve :smiley:

Yes Mark , not met you or John in person but we been talking that long now i think we are all mates on here ! i been thinking about him all morning :frowning: all we can do is pray for him and support him on his return .

Hi John. Sad news about your Dad. Stay strong mate.
Paul

Hi lads,thanks for your support and pm,s and messages means a lot ,bit up and down funeral 5 Dec thanks again lads

smallcoal:
Hi lads,thanks for your support and pm,s and messages means a lot ,bit up and down funeral 5 Dec thanks again lads

Look after yourself John at this difficult time.

John sorry about your dad hope your ok all the best rowly

Thank you John for your message today on the forum , thinking about you buddy . Hope the Funeral goes to plan on the 5th . :frowning:

Couple of Seddons from 1965. Look at the price.

Hi rowly ,thank you mate ok at moment in work to keep mind. Occupied. Steve thank you as you said we never met but we all got one thing in common friendship :smiley:

Good morning John , glad you gone back to work mate , keep on trucking good buddy .

DEANB:
Couple of Seddons from 1965. Look at the price.

In 1965 We were paying about £2,200 for a new Bedford SB with 1800 cu Ft Pantechnicon complete similar to one in this photo