Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Paul John:
Mark, the Harrison Rowley looks nice, but I hope it had a five speed box, as you say that’s a big box for her! Mind you the Pickford’s is the same size and may well of been one of the last off the line before the TL?
Great photo’s as usual.

Hi Paul,
I would have thought so…most of the 7.5 with 330s in them after the S plates were all 5 speed boxes…yes nice size body to…I would thought the Pickfords TK would have been one of the last TKs before the TLs took over…its on an A plate…the body on the Pickfords TK is a standard 2 pallet van 1200ft but smaller in capacity than the Harrison Rolley TK… looks more 1400ft…nice pics like you say Paul.

removal bedf.PNG.png

Hi mark,Steve and gang ,jwn23l this had a five speed box as did all of Jones trucks had them lovely truck to drive

2017-07-02 12.59.54.jpg

smallcoal:
Hi mark,Steve and gang ,jwn23l this had a five speed box as did all of Jones trucks had them lovely truck to drive

You just cant beat a Bedford chaps. :laughing: :wink:

Click on page once.

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Click on page once.

We had lots of those

From memory all our KGs had power assisted steering either 466 or 500 engines & 5 speed gearboxes where as the older KFs had 330 engines with 5 speed boxes & No power assisted steering

Carl Williams:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Click on page once.

We had lots of those

From memory all our KGs had power assisted steering either 466 or 500 engines & 5 speed gearboxes where as the older KFs had 330 engines with 5 speed boxes & No power assisted steering

They were everywhere Carl,like the TK’s and TL’s. Like the photo of the line up of motors. What was the most motors you ever run ?

You had to find alot of removals to keep all of those busy everyday ! :wink:

John / Mark do you remember this company ?

Click on page once.

removals wales prem.PNG

DEANB:

Carl Williams:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Click on page once.

We had lots of those

They were everywhere Carl,like the TK’s and TL’s. Like the photo of the line up of motors. What was the most motors you ever run ?

You had to find alot of removals to keep all of those busy everyday ! :wink:

That was one line of 4. When we took a vehicle off the road we allocated the number to the replacement. The last new Mercedes rigid was an additional and it was allocated number 100 as there were 99 others running
We also used about 50 sub contractors on our busiest times

Hi mark,where was you of to when I seen you today ,I done avonmouth ,crediton cheddar and Weston ,got Swindon,hinkley point Newton abbot and penryn tomorrow and Friday

smallcoal:
Hi mark,where was you of to when I seen you today ,I done avonmouth ,crediton cheddar and Weston ,got Swindon,hinkley point Newton abbot and penryn tomorrow and Friday

Hi John,
Got full load on back doors…4 jobs in total …when I saw you on the M5 on my way to Tiverton with the first one to tip…then on to Exeter. … Bournemouth. …Petersfield…collect 1600ft North London for Spain :smiley: …Weather not helping !

DEANB:
John / Mark do you remember this company ?

Click on page once.

Hi Dean,
I’ve seen the pic of this lovely van a few times in the last couple of years…but no I don’t know anything about them…the only company around that area I know these days are Dean’s of Deganwy. …they have a guy working for them who’s in is ups John…he started off with Pickfords in the 60s. …I will ask him next time I’m up at there place…lovely post Dean.

It ments to say John is in is 70s :blush:

Hi mark,I was coming up from crediton ,I was out last night,start Swindon hinkley point newton abbot penryn ,then wick in Bristol 2 day run ,got on m4 at bath @14.30 took me 2 hrs to get to Newport

marktaff:
“DEANB”, John / Mark do you remember this company ?

Hi Dean,
I’ve seen the pic of this lovely van a few times in the last couple of years…but no I don’t know anything about them…the only company around that area I know these days are Dean’s of Deganwy. …they have a guy working for them who’s in is ups John…he started off with Pickfords in the 60s. …I will ask him next time I’m up at there place…lovely post Dean.

Those DAF’s would be good looking motors Mark if it was not for the brown colour in my opinion. Langdons from Bristol
also run brown trucks. :unamused: :wink:

langdons.PNG

Hi Jakey, I found this picture recently and I thought “What a smart looking lorry that is”.
This Bedford VAL/Marsden is an extremely great looking machine. Regards, Ray.

Lawrence & Hall.jpg

Ray Smyth:
Hi Jakey, I found this picture recently and I thought “What a smart looking lorry that is”.
This Bedford VAL/Marsden is an extremely great looking machine. Regards, Ray.

Hi Ray ,the trucks look lovely but I don’t like the twin steer on the marsden the back Bedford is a good proper truck

Ray Smyth, they look lovely :smiley: ,I am the same as John ,do not like the second steer axle , lovely looking though.

Guy’s, those twin steer chassis were great to drive and handled well. At Henley’s of Wembley we used to work on the BBCs outside broadcast vehicles, mostly Bedford’s. Their tare weight was quite heavy, but were nice to drive. We would do brake readings and speedo/seal checks on our rolling road before I took them for their MOT at yeading lane in Hayes.

Hi Paul John,how’s things over the pond,looks like we got your weather here :laughing: :sunglasses: ,they may have been a good thing but it don’t look right for some reason ,most prob cause our marsden was a 4 wheeler :smiley:

Hi mark ,how did your trip go mate where you to this week