Blocking London for brexit

Winseer:
Instead of asking Britain to “drop Brexit”, it is about time the Leave campaign started pushing people to “ditch the Euro”.
The love of money - is the root of all evil - especially money based on the name of a pagan goddess - “the name of blasphemy”.

They have Winseer mate, …this footage was on the news.
youtu.be/SYkbqzWVHZI

Maoster reckons he agrees with it btw.

Franglais:

Carryfast:
Maybe it would help if I clarified that my idea of a ‘free trade’ agreement has always contained the built in safeguard of a clause which actually allows protectionist measures to ensure trade balance and which limits under cutting and dumping on all sides.Or for that matter importing cheap African food while Africans starve.

In which case as it stands ironically it’s the US which has the most grounds to issue protectionist measures against the EU not vice versa.While even more ironically we need the same safeguard regarding our trading relationship with the EU let alone China.It seems strange in that case why you seem to think that the EU is justified in imposing tarrifs on US imports in the interests of ‘trade balance figures’ when it’s the US which has a massive trade deficit with the EU.Or for that matter why you seem to be applying double standards both in regard to Chinese imports to the EU.Let alone our laughable trading relationship with Germany while obviously defending the EU’s stupid anti US trade policy on so called ‘balance of payments’ grounds when you know that ‘balance’ is already way in the EU’s favour.

So you aren`t talking of free trade, but a tailor made, bespoke agreement? After all, no agreement with a simple “safeguard/protectionist clause” would be signed by anyone with sense. Only take a few years for an army of civil servants to hammer out a deal then.

CF: “ironically it’s the US which has the most grounds to issue protectionist measures against the EU not vice versa.”
I strongly disagree. The US allows their farmers to use growth hormones that are banned in the EU. Apart from health issues this cuts the cost of meat production in the US.
The US Gov subsidises it`s farmers with tens of billions of dollars annually. (Given the US rhetoric, THAT is irony!)
Our farming industry does need protection.

CF: “Or for that matter importing cheap African food while Africans starve.”
Agree. A real problem.

Mr ReesMogg, among others, has spoken of the advantages to us of cheaper food imports when we leave the EU. First hearing seems good?
He isnt so vocal on what will happen to our domestic farming businesses when cheaper imports undercut them. He doesnt speak of those jobs, including some transport work, that still remain in agriculture. It isnt rich land owners wholl feel the pinch, is it? Theyll still receive subsidies to "manage the countryside". (A cynic may relate this to land owning Tory voters?). Its those actually doing something sensible with land, such as growing food! who will suffer the most, it seems to me.

Why should it take ‘years’ to just remove all tariff barriers regarding US imports for example.Together with the clause that both sides maintain the right to safeguard their respective economies in the event of any considerable trade balance issues arising from whatever trade regime.Bearing in mind that as I said it’s the firstly the US economy which is suffering the most as it stands in that regard or for that matter ours regarding our trade relationship with the EU.While it’s in no one’s interests to break their customers by blindly following the fools utopia of an unsustainable trade surplus which is what Germany and China are stupidly doing.IE any free trade deal which doesn’t allow any of the participants to safeguard their respective economies isn’t worth the paper it’s written on nor can any trade surplus for one participant,at the expense of another trying to maintain an unsustainable trade deficit,be viable for the group as a whole.

As for the US being stitched up I was referring to the the real trade balance figures which show that they are being taken for mugs by the EU regardless.While as I said I see no connection between opening up the UK market to US manufacturing imports and the politics of the US farming industry.Which probably explains why the UK fruit growers have rightly expressed no protests at the import of US apples for example.While the import of US vehicles here would obviously have more impact on EU exporters which would actually go some way in addressing the ridiculous trade inbalance between Europe,including us and the US.In all cases as I’ve said it’s in no one’s interests to wreck the economies of our customers and vice versa.While,unlike Germany,the US has never shown any intentions towards building up silly trade surpluses at the expense of their customers’ domestic industries.More like having historically been happy to help us in the form of domestic production operations rather than put us out of business in that regard.To which our answer was to bite the hand that fed us by closing down UK operations like ■■■■■■■ and Fuller in favour of EU imports.

muckles:

Winseer:
Has everyone forgotten the 20th century?

It was this period of time you see, that only came to an end a generation ago… That’s Pre-year 2000, when we got told another batch of bull scare stories regarding the Y2K bug that was going to blow up all our computers, and melt our brains…

Yes there were many scare stories about Y2k from an uninformed media looking for a sensational headline, but there was also a lot of work done by IT departments across the World to avoid the potential consequences of the Y2K issue, (it wasn’t a bug, just a legacy from the early days of programming)

As a programmer from the 80’s before I got a C+E licence - I can tell you that the so-called “early days of programming” issue was dealt with in FULL when computers went first from 8 bit to 16 bit by the end of the 80’s, and then 16 bit to 32 bit around the millenium. Nowadays, they are 64 bit as “entry level”, with 128 bit being the higher order “number crunching” machines used for banking, and encryption.

The Y2K issue didn’t worry the computer people of the 80’s and 90’s then - any more than the advent of synchromesh gearboxes taking over during the same period…

I was taught on my HGV course how to “double de-clutch” and “change gears by mathching revs, in the event of a clutch failure”.
Don’t see much call for those particular skills these days - but it’s still handy to know. I don’t think it is ever possible to know “too much” about one’s job. :slight_smile:

Winseer:

muckles:

Winseer:

It was this period of time you see, that only came to an end a generation ago… That’s Pre-year 2000, when we got told another batch of bull scare stories regarding the Y2K bug that was going to blow up all our computers, and melt our brains…

Yes there were many scare stories about Y2k from an uninformed media looking for a sensational headline, but there was also a lot of work done by IT departments across the World to avoid the potential consequences of the Y2K issue, (it wasn’t a bug, just a legacy from the early days of programming)

As a programmer from the 80’s before I got a C+E licence - I can tell you that the so-called “early days of programming” issue was dealt with in FULL when computers went first from 8 bit to 16 bit by the end of the 80’s,

The Y2K issue didn’t worry the computer people of the 80’s and 90’s then -

So how come when I was working in IT in the late 90’s for a major financial services company, were they spending so much time and money checking the whole system was Y2K compliant, especially their legacy programs written in the 70’s?

muckles:

Winseer:

muckles:

Winseer:

As a programmer from the 80’s before I got a C+E licence - I can tell you that the so-called “early days of programming” issue was dealt with in FULL when computers went first from 8 bit to 16 bit by the end of the 80’s,

The Y2K issue didn’t worry the computer people of the 80’s and 90’s then -

That sounds like one of those 60’s quotes when “if you remembered it, you can’t have been there”. Financial Firms from the 80’s… I was installing pootah screens at places like Kleinwort Benson at the time, sticking wiring down lift shafts, and rummaging around under mezzenine floors trying not to trip over the “chucked in any old how” BT cables… Month 255 was a payroll problem for 8 bit machines. Once the 16 bit machines came in during the late 80’s, only those machines branded “New” upto the year 1989 - would have been at risk of “Y2K” clock-over, where there is no month zero, computer cannot divide by zero without casuing a drop-out error… 8 bit machines can only register a maximum number of 255 (Hex &FF) before “clocking over to zero”. 16 bit machines need to get to 65535 before clocking over (Hex &FFFF) 32 bit machines are somewhere in the order of 4 billion addresses, and thus eliminate any “clockover” issues for good. If your payroll gets a month number, then for 255 to be around the turn of the century, we’re talking about a machine produced brand new about the time of the winter of discontent. How many of those machines do you think were left, even going into the 90’s?

So how come when I was working in IT in the late 90’s for a major financial services company, were they spending so much time and money checking the whole system was Y2K compliant, especially their legacy programs written in the 70’s?

My soldering was crap however, and I eventually got the push after having a stand up argument with a Chief Trader who didn’t like me moaning back at him, after he pointed out he was on 10 times what I was on for working a particular sunday afternoon… :blush:

astanka:
So then. Richard vice who is head of leave means leave has said that truckers could block London if their is a Brexit betrayal with negotiations meaning a second referendum. Would be interesting to see if this action would be carried out and also no doubt it would spread across the country. Whatever side you sit on it would make people take notice. Thoughts please.

KEEP TAKING THE PILLS :smiley:

Well,

While French motorists were blocking the streets of France today in protest against increased carbon fuel tax…the greens were blocking the streets of London in protest about the lack of carbon tax.

In France, the old ■■■■■ voted against the Right taking power. The consequence is that the Young now cannot get jobs, no matter how well they are qualified.

In Britain, the old ■■■■■ voted for Brexit, and against the Left taking power. The consequence is that the young can only get jobs - if they actually learned a trade at college/university, rather than these “flower arranging” , “Art History” “Film Management” or other totally useless "fee fodder courses aimed at people with more money for a daily allowance from pater than their IQs.

If there is a national border in the Straits of Dover, then I can’t bloody well see it.

Maybe it’s just “Dire Straits”, and we’ll end up agreeing, France and Blighty - that neither “Dover Straits” or “Pas de Calais” are suitable on the grounds of polticial correctness.

I think there is a whole lot or over thinking going on here…
Blocking London is just going to get the backs up of the very people youre trying to save.
I was around for the fuel strikes in the early 2000’s. At first people were on board with it as its fundamental basis was on everyones agenda at the time. Getting shafted by the ruling classes. And everyone hates that, until their own cant get to the hospital or whatever gets in the way of their own exsistance, then the sheep start bleating.
You really want to make a difference??
Just dont go to work tommorow.
Your tax contribution, along with everyone elses who feel the same way. The withdrawl of which would bring down the Government faster than Guy Folkes could ever have hoped for.
But you, personally, have morgage payments,car payments, big ■■■ flat screen TV payments or whatever your own personal slavery hooks you bought into that “makes” you go to work.
If I dont go to work tommorow, aint nobody coming for my house, no flat nose mouth breather trying to take my car and my telly will still be screwed to my wall.
If you got into INDENTURED slavery, then thats your own f***ing fault and no amount of blockading the capital and just generally ■■■■■■■ off the masses is going to change the situation of your own making.
Always remember, the GAME IS RIGGED. The only way out is to get out of the game.
And steering a lorry is going to keep you in the game FOR EVER.