Blew it

You have not blown it at all simple fact you were not prepared for it dont worry it happens

There is a guy I know who has his C licence sat in drove a CE ( think it was a W&D ) he felt uncomfortable even the trainer noticed he then had no interest in driving & happy to drive C

I passed my CE in a manual didnt find it that hard now if I can do it so can you trust me you just have to find the right instructor for you & dont panic as John says pm or call up any of the instructors on here I have & they have given me a lot of help & advice

I went well out of area for my test as well which I found worked for me ( thanks to LGV Trainer John at Flair )

Prepare for the worst hope for the best

jeffeddie:
Thank you tachograph and everyone else for there supportive words, I wasn’t having a go at the trainer he was right , if I had to drive one for a job I probably could I just don’t need the stress in a learning situation .you may very well b right it might not be for me , got to do the last bit of my cpc anyway and I’ll give a lot more thought about my next move

I’m not sure what your situation is but you’ve described lorry driving as a backup plan so I assume you may be currently working, if so and you still want to drive C+E why not build up to it, complete the DCPC then try to get a bit of work in your spare time on cat C, or cat C1 if you’re not comfortable jumping straight into cat C.

If you really want to drive the bigger vehicles don’t be put off by what happened on the assessment, get a bit more experience driving HGVs and using manual gearboxes and build up to the bigger vehicles.

By the way, animal is right you haven’t blown it, you’ve had a setback because you wasn’t prepared enough that’s all :wink:

Yeah I’m self employed , but the job is on the wane so hence the hgv , I got offered a job the other day on tippers , but it’s no financially worth it for me at the moment . Got to finish the classroom bit of my cpc then I may rethink what to do next my confidence is on the floor right now

jeffeddie:
I’d rather not say who I was with , I don’t think it’s fair because it’s only my opinion and as regards a manual I had a job getting used to it in 5 days so I really don’t fancy it again . Maybe I will look elsewhere or just stick with the class 2 I’m not sure at the moment . The nerves just got the better of me and I don’t know if it would be any different no matter where I went . Doing my licences is only a back up for me really , I’m not under any pressure to find a lorry job at the moment so ill have to give it some serious thought about whether to go on with it

Mind if I ask what it was you struggled with in regards of the gears?

I did both tests in Scania vehicles fitted with OptiCruise so my learning curve has been a tad on the steep side since starting work but trust me when I say that once you’ve been doing it a while it becomes second nature!

I had no grandfather rights due to passing my test in 1999. So the biggest thing I have driven was a van 3.5t.

In 2014 then went for the C1 7.5t and then C1+E 7.5t + trailer 4.5t and thought that would be enough for me. But at the time it was for the work I was doing. But then I got used to the trailer and larger van which give me the confidence to drive bigger things. So once I passed then 6 months later I decided to go on to do my class C and passed that also.

I’m happy with having these at the moment it was all to do with my confidence which now has grown over a bit of time. I won’t do my class CE until I feel confident with driving class C and the need for it work wise.

But I find all the work I want to do and interested in doing all class C anyway.

toshtwentythree:
Sometimes the kindness shown on here takes me by surprise…I have been on a lot of interactive web sites for various reasons and some people are just down right nasty .
EVERYONE on here is willing to help…It puts a smile on my face when I read threads like this …
If its on your bucket list to drive a bendy then dont give up on your dream…

My thoughts entirely. A really great forum that gives more and more enthusiasm to make a change for the better. :smiley:

nothing worse than the “what if” if you at least try and it’s still not for you then at least you’ve given it a go.

All the best.

Nothing against a manual but I hadn’t driven one for 12 years before my class c and I struggled , I just don’t want that again in a big one it’s stress I don’t need