Bit of help please

ROG:

Saaamon:
Going back to the other example the offence has already been commited because he’s worked for 14hours so cant get his rest in. Just because he’s had 11hours off the card doesnt been he hasnt broken the law. I say it again, going by what your saying would mean i could work for say 20hours+ provided i had 11hours off, but of course i cant because i need to fit in 11hours rest before the end of that 24hour period.

PS to the op you wont get in any trouble because you have a decent reason.

You are still missing the point -

There is a LEGAL derogation for going over driving or duty time and for that time and rest not fitting into a 24 hour period but there is no legal derogation for reducing the actual rest hours required

NO OFFENCE will have been committed for going over driving time, duty time or for not being able to get the required rest into a 24 hour period if the reason for doing so is genuine

There IS AN OFFENCE committed if the required length of rest is not taken because that wil be insufficient rest - not insufficient rest in a 24 hour period - but simply insufficient rest period taken

Saaamon:
I see what your saying, but personnally i be cracking on, the delay would of held me up enough as is.

Then you will get fined if caught as you will be illegal
Perhaps another fine for driving time as well because there will not be a required daily rest splitting up the two days driving time

I see what your saying.

I reckon i could get out of the fine, always carry a few cartons of ■■■■ and the odd ■■■■ mag, should think that would be enough to get me on my way.

i bet hes glad he asked now !