Birmingham and black country firms

How about JHC (jack cotton)Pensnett he had some one off tackle all types volvo 6x2.4x2. left hookers or right, Also had couple Scania I think also LHD. I had some good work of him late 70s bricks and coils.(Harrisons Stoke). Any one know where Harry (mechanic)is now a days
John

MIKE P, : Have a look in Announcements at top of Topics page, Ainacs put a bit in there of how to post pics. via Photobucket. We worked it out with that, takes a bit of time, though there is probably a quicker way that I haven’t twigged yet! :blush: Love to see 'em mate, remember from when I was running up there and would tie in nicely with the Ponsonby’s mentioned a bit ago. I’m suprised really this post is a lot slower than I would have imagined, so get posting mate, lets keep it going, we haven’t scratched the surface yet! :laughing: :wink:

BigG-Unit:
MIKE P, : Have a look in Announcements at top of Topics page, Ainacs put a bit in there of how to post pics. via Photobucket. We worked it out with that, takes a bit of time, though there is probably a quicker way that I haven’t twigged yet! :blush: Love to see 'em mate, remember from when I was running up there and would tie in nicely with the Ponsonby’s mentioned a bit ago. I’m suprised really this post is a lot slower than I would have imagined, so get posting mate, lets keep it going, we haven’t scratched the surface yet! :laughing: :wink:

THANKS BIG G i will take a look it cant be that difficult can it ? cheers mate

are twente express still running ?. based out cannock way.

r slicker:
are twente express still running ?. based out cannock way.

yes mate based at brownhills now they were at lichfield they got regular night trunk uk nl uk

thanks for that. what about ronnie roe at lift lichfield international freight terminal :smiley: nice bloke but tight with the money.

r slicker:
thanks for that. what about ronnie roe at lift lichfield international freight terminal :smiley: nice bloke but tight with the money.

no problem mate, yeh ronnie still about hes got a nice place in burton now hes a big player in the pallet force network he must be running over 20 motors now i would say.

r slicker:

He is still going I can confirm he is a bit tight as my wage slips show every week.

Saying that he is a nice man, well nicer than the people he sold most of the firm too though :wink: :wink: :wink:

my dad used to work for j&s hemmings of pennsnett, dudley. It was mainly all steel work out of round oak, would like to see some photos if anybody has some.

saw another one that I had forgot about H D Rickitts from Erdington, with their smart looking fleet of tippers

and cant remeber who was on about the firm based at Meriden but the name Pettifors springs to mind for some reason

scania sam:
my dad used to work for j&s hemmings of pennsnett, dudley. It was mainly all steel work out of round oak, would like to see some photos if anybody has some.

There was an owner driver out of Dudley called John ------ I cant for the life of me remember his last name as this was way back in the mid 70’s but he ran out of alocal steel works with an immaculate Big J and coiler does anyone have any thoughts ? Bewick.

daf3300:
thats the same ones dieseldog6, , when they had the sed atkis was after my time even thou i was only a nipper , when i was there with my dad they had dodges, and mercurys, and the cream mandators,one driver i remember was HUGHIE JONES , i heard he had retired from JEAVONS and was in a camper van in spain ?.i know HUGHIE was on with them when they had the sed atkis has i met him in hamilton when i was driving that must have been 18years later :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Inreply i had lunch with H.Jones on Monday this weekat the Plume in Shirley we will be there next Monday also,cheap carvery.

:laughing: hi deputy dog.
are you the chappy who used to drive that tatty old white for dennis webb transport. ithink i met you once at toddington services,and you chatted my girl friend up, later on i always wanted to know, did she run off with you, her name was tenko,she had such alovely smile.
if it isnt you then it must have that been plastic bag. :laughing:

Hi sorry no truck photo’s this is the office and a runabout Jack Cotton had. You can Just See Harry on the left and Viv wareing the green top.
(where is Viv now??)Is the cafe still next door?? This would be 1979.

John.

here is a blast from the past for you.

i worked at stokes drums in west brom. are they still going ?. 2 ford cargo tractor units all steel drums handball on handball off. thats how i honed my crown green bowling skills rolling them off. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another one here, going back a bit, Albright & Wilson, remember them?

anybody remember dennis webb transport ithink he had three transcons & the white.

diesel dan:

anybody remember dennis webb transport ithink he had three transcons & the white.

Hi DD this photo was taken at the NSVA National Truck In …the forerunner to the Truckfest…i have more photo,s of this event i will put them on when i locate them…regards .

hi dd.who,s the bird in your cab.

re,deputy dog, this must be a very old picture,blimey you even look young. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: