BG registered right hookers?

Franglais:

AndrewG:

maga:
see loads like this pulling old heritage trailers.

also see battered old Royal mail DAF tractors on BG plates pulling boxes, must be a big fiddle somewhere.

The fiddle works by using the VIN number from a scrapped or cloned lhd equivelent model to get a rhd truck registered on BG plates…

Ive been told, dunno whether youd know about this, that an annual test can be done without the vehicle even being there?

Yes it can be if the bent test centre knows the haulier no truck needs to be present but what usually happens, just to cover arses is the truck will turn up for test to be given a quick look over on the side for working lights, two mirrors and legal tyres, the glovebox inspected where the test ‘fee’ will be and away you go…

aw this posted on Facebook by a friend of mine.
Not completely relevant, but linked to the subject of dodgy practices.

If the government didn’t squander the tax they collect I would be dead against this kind of thing, but when billions of pounds are given in aid to countries with a space programme and such things, then I consider flagging out quite enterprising really.

Why pay a tenner when you can get the same thing for a pound? The only problem with it is that instead of using the lower costs to make more money, some will use it to lower the rate and continue to scratch a meagre living out of the job.

In a perfect world, everybody would flag out and this would make the government take a long hard look at the industry and level the playing field.

Franglais:

muckles:

Franglais:
Muckles- Thanks for that reply.
The principles of free trade only work if equal opportunity is coupled with equal responsibility. (Sounds like a SuperHero script). Free to earn more by trading with a richer country, but with the responsibility to follow the standards of that country (re wages, conditions, safety,). Multi nationals are quick to employ directly, or through sub-contractors the cheapest hauliers out there. Their corporate speak will be of “green credentials” while subbies of subbies run old tractors and trailers with suspect safety standards and they turn a blind eye to it. As you say the sort of trade deals we can look forward to from the present Gov. are frankly frightening. Seems many of them are pleased we will be free from even the most basic standards. Freed from Eu legislation were free to sink even lower! “Oh, Brave New World!”

I don’t think Brexit will be the great utopia many think, I actually think it will be rough at times, but without Brexit and the rise in other populists movements across Europe, for the European and UK Establishments it would be business as usual, including TTIP, further integration etc.
But as we’ve seen in recent years people at the top of the institutions that make up our present society, from Banking, Politics, Business Media and Sport seem to think they can do what they want regardless of the effect it had on the normal person and of course they’re fighting hard to stop the people derailing their gravy train, but with elections in other EU countries this year hopefully the pressure will remain on them.

Isn`t it strange that we seem to see the same problems, but seem to favour different solutions ? I favoured staying in Europe and fighting to alter it for the better. Such is life, and such is the knowledge any of us have of the future.

I’m sure if many people were able to debate the issues without the rhetoric and mud slinging they’d find they weren’t to far apart, I suppose it really depends on how bad you think the problems of the EU really are, although I wasn’t optimistic about either possible outcome of the referendum.
Most of the time this is debated it just seems to be the same old sound bites, you appear to have thought things through and come to your own opinion and as you say none of know yet which way this will go, but shouldn’t mean we can’t respect differing opinions.

newmercman:
If the government didn’t squander the tax they collect I would be dead against this kind of thing, but when billions of pounds are given in aid to countries with a space programme and such things, then I consider flagging out quite enterprising really.

Why pay a tenner when you can get the same thing for a pound? The only problem with it is that instead of using the lower costs to make more money, some will use it to lower the rate and continue to scratch a meagre living out of the job.

In a perfect world, everybody would flag out and this would make the government take a long hard look at the industry and level the playing field.

Nmm,

I kind of agree with you, but not totally, it seems to me half of Europe has now flagged out. Especially here in Spain.

Just recently we (company I work for) were looking to buy new lorries and register them in Belgium as that’s where we need traction and are sick of poor service from Belgium / Dutch hauliers. The renault and man salesman came in and spoke to us and asked why, with no shame or sense of devious, why would you register in Belgium when we can pre register them in Spain, then re reg in BG / RO / SK. After the lease runs out the motors are re registered back in Spain and sold as full service history Spanish trucks etc…

Just seems a bit wrong to me somehow… bit more than having 6 axle tax on 5 axles and the odd Dutch plate really…

Maybe I’m a hypocrite but seems very dodgy when done on such a big scale as opposed to the old owner driver / small firms tricks.

Also can’t understand for the life of me why the odd lot aren’t pulling such companies left right and centre all over Europe, especially French France, and asking how the motor is from BG or wherever and has loaded for all of its life from Spain to U.K. Or Germany or wherever. Especially now as they can check on the tacho where the driver has parked every night.

maga:
see loads like this pulling old heritage trailers.

also see battered old Royal mail DAF tractors on BG plates pulling boxes, must be a big fiddle somewhere.

They are not old heritage trailers they are heritage subbies

I hear you, but you could run Spain to Bulgaria in a UK registered lorry and only return to the UK for annual test, so that isn’t the issue. Not for me anyway.

My problem is that it’s very expensive to run a lorry from the UK, whether you run over the water or not and taking rate cutting by EE companies out of the equation, it seems a sound business model to run a lorry with the lowest outlay possible. Which means BG/RO/whatever registration, insurance etc. A trip to Veurne at the weekend to fill up with cheap squirt and a few slabs of beer and some ■■■■ and you’re working within the regulations. It’s what the competition is doing, so why would you handicap yourself by doing it the ‘right’ way?

Maybe I’m just mercenary in my outlook, but I couldn’t care less about paying taxes to a government that squanders it on stuff that benefits none of us working class types.

newmercman:
I hear you, but you could run Spain to Bulgaria in a UK registered lorry and only return to the UK for annual test, so that isn’t the issue. Not for me anyway.

My problem is that it’s very expensive to run a lorry from the UK, whether you run over the water or not and taking rate cutting by EE companies out of the equation, it seems a sound business model to run a lorry with the lowest outlay possible. Which means BG/RO/whatever registration, insurance etc. A trip to Veurne at the weekend to fill up with cheap squirt and a few slabs of beer and some ■■■■ and you’re working within the regulations. It’s what the competition is doing, so why would you handicap yourself by doing it the ‘right’ way?

Maybe I’m just mercenary in my outlook, but I couldn’t care less about paying taxes to a government that squanders it on stuff that benefits none of us working class types.

Spot on.
Talking of cheap diesel, we buy ‘subsidised’ fuel from Belarus. Its brought over 4000litres a time in bunding containers on the rear end of the load from Hungary and 4 agg bulk bags doubled up elsewhere . Co. i sub for buys it in at around 0.50 eur and its all slung in their underground tanks, im able to buy it at 0.65eur a litre so always make sure my 1400litre tanks are empty and running on fumes on the way back to Malaga…