Best trucking Movies?

atlas man:

axletramp:
Dog food Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboy.
Who remembers this mini series on telly?
Not much lorry action but a predictable plot :slight_smile:
Its on YouTube.

i remember dog food dan a lot of it was filmed at Briggs cafe in drighlington was our local cafe when i was at Atlas express and it stayed open during filming

Righty! I never knew that.

After Convoy it has to be Smokey and the Bandit surely…

elsa Lad:
Truckers! From the late 80’s not a film but a tv series…if I remember rightly it upset a few lorry drivers wifes :open_mouth: If you haven’t seen it, its about a small cowboy haulier and a bunch of womanizer drivers :laughing: I haven’t looked but it might be on YouTube. A bit different to Eddie Stobart tv :wink:

The entire series is on youtube. Always enjoyed the opening titles.

youtu.be/ocX1MEiPOV8 (First episode takes 10 seconds to start)

Stobart - trucks and trailers !

Getting excited just thinking about it :smiling_imp:

Since road games , Duel and black dog have been mentioned I will suggest Roadkill, otherwise known as Joyride with the late Paul Walker. Watching it now in 2022, the storyline seems a little flakey but not sure if I mostly used to watch it for Lee Lee Sobieski [emoji13]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

The Depot of the Dead (Baza Ludzi Umarłych).

It’s a Polish classic about drivers in post-war Poland doing log work in falling apart ex-military trucks, stuck somewhere in a hut in the middle of the mountains in winter. Based on even better book (written by an actually truck driver who then turned to be a famous Polish writer).

Star down under.:
What was the one set in the South American jungle, where a couple of desparados have to move nitro-glycerin?

Wages of fear

spike78:

Get the title right/

Stobart - Trucks and Tiaras, :smiley:

there’s a filmn called ‘the beast’ its italian , 2 geezers in a fiat 682 running from italy to poland , get into all sorts of japes , they get back buy a chinese 6 fiat 170 and end up in all sorts of bother doing dodgy loads through the mountains . got it on video.
tony

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned The highjackers from 1963. There was also an old black and white film with Diana Dors but can’t remember the title.

The_Long_Haul_1957_film_poster.jpg

Found the the film with Diana Dors :sunglasses:

I do recall a film called “Alfie darling”. The singer Alan Price was in it, driving a Volvo F89

SWEDISH BLUE:

spike78:

Get the title right/

Stobart - Trucks and Tiaras, :smiley:

:laughing: good one lol

citycat:

elsa Lad:
Truckers! From the late 80’s not a film but a tv series…if I remember rightly it upset a few lorry drivers wifes :open_mouth: If you haven’t seen it, its about a small cowboy haulier and a bunch of womanizer drivers :laughing: I haven’t looked but it might be on YouTube. A bit different to Eddie Stobart tv :wink:

The entire series is on youtube. Always enjoyed the opening titles.

youtu.be/ocX1MEiPOV8 (First episode takes 10 seconds to start)

Yes just watch it and yes enjoyed it thrash them B series ERF’s :laughing:

rearaxle:
Thought Road Games was good

youtu.be/bMheJFjh-5o

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Did anyone recognise the car towing the boat?
It’s a six cylinder (2.6 litre), Leyland P76.
The movie must be a work of fiction, as I’ve never driven a Mercedes that could pull the skin off a rice pudding, let alone keep up with an underpowered P76.

Santa:
https://youtu.be/7Qb8K1qClyA?t=1907

Never did a parrot nose go so fast! :laughing:

tonyj105:
there’s a filmn called ‘the beast’ its italian , 2 geezers in a fiat 682 running from italy to poland , get into all sorts of japes , they get back buy a chinese 6 fiat 170 and end up in all sorts of bother doing dodgy loads through the mountains . got it on video.
tony

Like Convoy the opening scene in that is stunning and like certain specific parts and underlying core of The Great Smokey Roadblock starring Henry Fonda define the job for me.
Notwithstanding, like most of these type of films, a storyline unfortunately often descending into a farce to create needless and pointless entertainment.
A bit like Two Lane Blacktop is one of the best ever car culture films based on around 1/4 of its content the rest was a waste of film and effort.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago, wondering why i got into trucks as a kid…

Films:

Smokey and the Bandit
Canonball
Not that bloody Liam Neeson ‘The Ice Road’

TV:

Ice Road Rescue

Trucks in the background:

Knight Rider
Dukes of Hazard
Street Hawk

youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5aJ8dV-Q8
Not so much a movie. More of a documentary

Another TV series, anyone remember The Brothers from the mid 70s.
As i recall they used Hilton Transport Services vehicles etc extensively in the scenes.