Best truck sat nav

DCPCFML:
The latter you reference, are the former.

* Generalise : of, involving etc all, most or very many people, things etc.

I will keep generalising as that is exactly the correct definition.

Ok fair enough, , but after reading many of your posts on here, I’m fairly confident you are leaning towards and favouring, the first option or example of definition…generally speaking that is. :smiley:

robroy:

DCPCFML:
The latter you reference, are the former.

* Generalise : of, involving etc all, most or very many people, things etc.

I will keep generalising as that is exactly the correct definition.

Ok fair enough, , but after reading many of your posts on here, I’m fairly confident you are leaning towards and favouring, the first option or example of definition…generally speaking that is. :smiley:

OK mate.

robroy:
Can I just volunteer to be the first to say the same old predictable inevitable answer that you get on all these ([zb] tedious :smiley: ) threads from the more experienced driver…yawn.
Minimal requirement…
A cheap basic sat nav paired up with a bridge height map…works for me.btw :sunglasses:
I thank you. :smiley:

And for me

But the sat nav is purely just for a laugh as the four I’ve had have consistently tried to take me nowhere near where I need to be

vannin:

robroy:
Can I just volunteer to be the first to say the same old predictable inevitable answer that you get on all these ([zb] tedious :smiley: ) threads from the more experienced driver…yawn.
Minimal requirement…
A cheap basic sat nav paired up with a bridge height map…works for me.btw :sunglasses:

And for me

But the sat nav is purely just for a laugh as the four I’ve had have consistently tried to take me nowhere near where I need to be

Tbf, even though I can and did manage to do the job sucessfully with NO sat nav for years .I would still not be without one these days, as it makes the job so bloody easy in comparison.

A bit TOO easy for some,…and there lies the problem with them. :bulb:

Investment in a truck sat nav or app could be well worthwhile if you are going into areas you don’t know at short notice. It could be a major time-saver and enable a run to be done in a reasonable time, thus ensuring continued employment. As you repeat routes the need for one will gradually diminish.

Reversing out of “situations” doesn’t look or, I imagine, feel particularly great. As Mr T would say “I pity the fool!”.

hornblower3:

DCPCFML:
I see why you need a satnav when you can’t even work the internet.

I was looking for help, not cynicism, sling it

Welcome to trucknet my friend :unamused:

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

This :smiley:

The modern generation of “drivers” wouldn’t know how to read a map if their life depended on it, hence why they need an “app” to nanny them and tell them which way to turn the wheel. :unamused:

I can read a map I’m 54 years old but a good sat nav can save lots of time especially since having to start wearing reading glasses mr cynical I’m not A complete luddite.

I have had, for a few years now, a tomtom 620 professional.
Worth it’s weight I’m gold.

hornblower3:

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

The modern generation of “drivers” wouldn’t know how to read a map if their life depended on it, hence why they need an “app” to nanny them and tell them which way to turn the wheel. :unamused:

I can read a map I’m 54 years old but a good sat nav can save lots of time especially since having to start wearing reading glasses mr cynical I’m not A complete luddite.

And how about all the times we have driven around in circles looking for Acme LTD on ■■■■■■■■■■ Industrial Estate wasting time, then having to get out and ask the postman where the place is.
Now you put the postcode in Google maps, select streetview to check its where the postcode says it is and you bang it into the satnav and away you go.
No more fannying around wasting time looking for hidden industrial units.

biggriffin:
I would say the Tom Tom professional, but it’s now throwing a fit, and not sending you through the Dartford tunnel, as it thinks all lanes are 7.5t, stoopid machine… So it will continually try to make you use the ferry .

I’ve got the same problem with mine been on to tomtom for around 6 months all they say is their technical team are working on a permanent fix and no date is available

I find a basic sat nav combined with a bridge heights map and google maps
Is good for me .

daughter has just got me a new snooper as my maps were out of date , bit of a waste of time as I’m off work at moment , but it didn’t cost her a penny as she used my credit card I leave with her if she has a emergency , boiler blows up , or car needs a new tyre ( puncture ( £169 !!! ) , was the tyre gold plated .
But as mrs said it’s the thought that counts !!!
I’ll also be able to tell you about garden shredders as well , as my girl has got me one as she wants one for her garden , apparently it’s the thought that counts
They say kids are the most expensive when little , I beg to differ , 30 seems a lot more expensive to me
Back to sat Navs , off to Tenby in car , so will update how it copes from Grantham - Tenby , I’ll have to get the height stick out on the focus

Google maps on the phone (free. :grimacing: ) or your tablet if the phone is to small. Philip’s truckers map for bridges, weight limits etc.

£300+ for a "professional " sat nav… :unamused:

Tom Tom are releasing a new truck sat nav soon so hang fire for the older bargain sell offs :wink:

dozy:
, I’ll have to get the height stick out on the focus

That’s actually quite funny :smiley: I do like a man capable of taking the mickey out of others but more importantly himself.

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

I’ve heard they’ve all got auto gearboxes now as well, ‘not like in my day’, that’s because it’s not your day anymore. I tire of this attitude.

Thejpmshow:

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

I’ve heard they’ve all got auto gearboxes now as well, ‘not like in my day’, that’s because it’s not your day anymore. I tire of this attitude.

I agree, I love the auto boxs. No more achy left leg in the London traffic. Aircon…no more ringing in my right ear whilst driving with the window wound down. Satnavs/google maps…no more messing around driving in circles looking for some craphole hidden on an industrial estate.
Progression is great.

Happy Trucker1:
I find a basic sat nav combined with a bridge heights map and google maps
Is good for me .

You do know you can add bridge height map pinned onto Google maps.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Thejpmshow:

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

I’ve used twin split gearboxes they were the first thing I drove after passing my test if you can work one of them you can work any gearbox I’m no amateur for wanting a decent sat nav i’ve had my class 1, 29 years