Best paid jobs for class 2

Someone mentioned Bidfood. How many multi drops are expected each shift? Is the work doable ?

RogerOut:
Someone mentioned Bidfood. How many multi drops are expected each shift? Is the work doable ?

I’m not sure on the job itself, but I’m often tipping at their spot at Normanton, and their rigids are usually starting to come back late am/midday

Noremac:
Some of the better paid class 2 work may involve significant manual labour either in offloading products manually from cages / pallets, or playing tetris with ambient, chilled and frozen cages / pallets in the back of the vehicle. Also, throw in taking recycling and empties and not forgetting taking tonne pallets off on the tail-lift.

Pretty much this.

I passed my class 2 in Feb. First job was with Fresh Direct. Pallets of frozen/chilled goods. Quite a bit of manual labour using sack trucks. Some drops were atrocious but most were relatively straight forward. 4am starts, same route every day so got better/quicker over time. 31k salary permanent position. Depot in Wigan. No overtime bonus unless you worked a 6th day on a Saturday.

Did a week for agency curtain siders, general haulage. Pay was £13-£16 per hour. Earned £336 net for 3 shifts.

Now with DHL doing cage work/chilled + frozen. Physically demanding role but the pays decent. 33,700 for a a standard 4 out of 7 rota. I’ve just signed up to a weekend shift Fri-Mon. 36k before bonuses etc. So the money is there, BUT it’s a graft with 12hour shifts on the regular and 500kg cages with ramps full of potholes and bumps.

But the pay is very good I would say. Overtime is paid at x1.33 so a decent wage for an honest days graft.

Franglais:

Happy Trucker1:
You can get decent monies on class 2 even in general haulage .
I do uk work ( no tail lift bonus ) mainly RDC or large companies
Approx 2 nights out per week
Average of 54 hours per week
No multi drop , mainly distance ,
Packed goods , timber and machinery.
Same truck , well maintained , left alone
Take home pay approx £550 a week

Well seems decent to me
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that was decent .

Don’t worry, someone will doubtless be along soon to tell you what a mug you are for doing a job that you are content with, and for money you are content with.
Nothing wrong with looking around, but don’t get obsessed with pay alone. Some will always tell you how much better off they are. (Partly to boost their own egos, of course)

I wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

Is that £550 for a two day week?

You mean that kind of thing? :laughing:

To the OP I don’t know why you seem so against class one if money is the motivation and you’ll have the bonus of gaining a real licence too.

Whatever job you’re looking for what you need is competition. There’s a few employment hotspots knocking about where the money is that bit better because there’s loads of firms competing for workers. Think about aiming fur them.

You could message blue estate on here because theres a class two tramping but not tramping job going at his place if his boss ever grows some balls and pops out of his bad mood. Just allow yourself a week for vetting by colleagues.

toonsy:
I wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

:smiley:

DeanieBeanie:
Hi Guys, not sure if i have this in the right section.

Ive had my class 2 for a few years now, most recently delivering gas cylinders on a 7.5tonne around North Wales.

Im just wondering is there a way i can use my licence to earn decent money, is there a job market travelling long distance with a rigid, maybe international that pays 30k +

I live on Anglesey in Wales and there is no money here, i need to earn alot more to provide for my family but class1 is something i really dont want to get into. i recently passed all the assesments for a trainee train driver vacancy but the final interview with the company train drivers didnt go my way, which was gutting after all the travelling for the different assesments.

a guy i used to work with kept going on about an industry he used to work in, transporting things for movie sets and he said there was alot of money in that?

I just dont know where to look or what exactly it is im looking for, any help is greatly appreciated guys.

But surely if your on a lower wage you’ll get benefits etc ( or you did when my girl was little ) , I know loads who stop doing o/t when there benefits were due for reappraisal, others who’d only work 30 hrs a week
As for travelling I did nights in Bristol , traveled up fri morning after working all night to Grantham , then went back down mon morning , it sounds ok all this travelling but it will take its toll , I understand you need the money for your family , but your also no good to them dead , I often couldn’t remember the journey up , I’d stop for a nap & wake up hours later
I also did rugby - Grantham , I’d have to get up a hour early on a Monday , what should of been a hour home on a fri could be 2/3 hrs , m1 shut , accident a46 , miles of ques from Leicester - hobby horse r/o ,
Good luck in what you decide , but I’d have a serious think before you take a job hours from home

I’d have to say it is probably Hovis, the best job since sliced bread, where you might even get a run down to Sandwich delivering to the Pfizer building down there…

(Don’t have Chicken in your packed lunch though.)

Franglais:

Happy Trucker1:

Well seems decent to me

Don’t worry, someone will doubtless be along soon to tell you what a mug you are for doing a job that you are content with, and for money you are content with.
Nothing wrong with looking around, but don’t get obsessed with pay alone. Some will always tell you how much better off they are. (Partly to boost their own egos, of course)

Yeah that’s right we should never complain about money and just accept our lot. You absolute mug. Bet you lick your bosses arse clean at the end of every shift as well.

SuperMultiBlue:

Franglais:

Happy Trucker1:

Well seems decent to me

Yeah that’s right we should never complain about money and just accept our lot. You absolute mug. Bet you lick your bosses arse clean at the end of every shift as well.

Harsh…
Or hard of understanding?

stu675:

SuperMultiBlue:

Franglais:

Happy Trucker1:

Well seems decent to me

Harsh…
Or hard of understanding?

Sounds unhappy and angry, doesn`t he?
Maybe he should get a job he likes? :smiley:

Complains about ‘mugs’ accepting their lot for driving lorries.
Complains about train drivers using their industrial muscle to better their lot.

Well done on passing all the assessments for a trainee train driver! Maybe next time a trainee train driver position comes up you’ll make that extra step, especially having the advantage of passing the assessments already.

The bread wagon’s like Kingsmill pay in the £30k’s with very early starts admittedly. Rigid fuel tankers also can comfortably gross over £36k a year Monday-Friday.

Living in Anglesey I’m guessing, limits you in terms of opportunity but you’re not that far from the North West where they’ll be plenty of work on offer. Staying on the wagon’s may necessitate a move, or getting your class 1.