Beeston Bridge

Jmarks1227:
There’s two warnings in place about the low bridge. One checks your height an then two signs flash further down.
An clearly signed turning point.

Still the bridge gets hit [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking at that footage he never slowed up one bit, so he was totally oblivious to that bridge.
I just don’t get it, how does a pro driver who pulls trailers of any height not notice ANY bridge, it’s part of actually being a pro truck driver ffs.
In comparison you have a BIT of an excuse if you touch the bloody thing slightly, if you are crawling under with your head and shoulders out of the window,.but hammering through like that is another matter, and d/headry on an epic scale.
This should disqualify a driver from holding a HGV licence (or whatever tf they call it now :unamused: )
It should be an automatic ban followed by a re.test imo.
As I say, I just don’t get it, I don’t know about some of you, but it’s drummed into my brain so much I even notice bridge heights automatically when driving my car.

I don’t know about some of you, but it’s drummed into my brain so much I even notice bridge heights automatically when driving my car.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1 as above.
strange and daft,but i always do the same.
ive scraped a few over the years in crawler limbo dancing out of the window when needs must,but even when im in the car or the van and its a 12 foot or under,then is still feels strange when im belting under the thing.
also when going into carparks with the anti macodougal barrier i still look up at the thing even though ive been under it before.
that dudes lugging a double/triple decker livestock trailer,surely you would be on high alert for any bridge?