BEDFORD TM

curnock:
ooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww.detroit what a sound.!!

About 1988 I bobtailed a TM from Newark to Cambridge with a blown exhaust pipe, needless to say I made the most of it :laughing:
I was shouting at people for days afterwards

I HAVE GOT 2X TM WITH 14 LITRE BIG CAMS ONE A 320 THE OTHER A SPECIAL WIT A 440 BIG CAM BOTH DAY CABS AND CAN GO TO WORK TOMMOROW IF NEED BE BUT STILL NEED A COUPLE OF INTERIOR PARTS FOR ONE IF ANY BODY KNOWS OF ANY CABS FOR PARTS

You could try this place for cab parts,they may be able to help

www.rushgreenmotors.com

theres one on ebay for sale

heres the link to a page on TM’s

search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. … bedford+tm

Trubrit:

curnock:
ooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww.detroit what a sound.!!

About 1988 I bobtailed a TM from Newark to Cambridge with a blown exhaust pipe, needless to say I made the most of it :laughing:
I was shouting at people for days afterwards

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trawling throgh the web i came across these Bedford tacktor.

Salut, Oldtimer Trucker

Trawling throgh the web i came across these Bedford tacktor. (2)

Salut, Oltimer Trucker

that hugh friend unit,i am sure i saw it a few weeks back on a farm i collect eggs from just outside blandford.will see if i can get a photo of it

Thomas Armstrong of ■■■■■■■ used to run a fleet of Bedford TM’s.

the picture of the dark blue (b reg )tm looks like a ex boc transhield motor,they had 100s in the 80s/90s at crewe,hemel,barnsley depots.we ran a few in the 90s with the bedford engines.they were a bit underpowered for 32t work so they did not last long.

my old man drove this 1983 TM with a 14 litre 290 ■■■■■■■ for David Hatswell from '87 to '89. it was one of Hatswells international motors before it went on local tipper work, - this work finished it off !! Hatswell had one painted in TNT Ipec colours aswell with a Detroit engine in it.

rich12:
the picture of the dark blue (b reg )tm looks like a ex boc transhield motor,they had 100s in the 80s/90s at crewe,hemel,barnsley depots.

I used to see one or two of the Hemel depot Bedford TM’s in Dover most Sunday evenings on my way to Switzerland when they were heading out to France.

Thought they were a decent looking truck with good internal space for a 70’s motor, quite fancied one with a 14ltr ■■■■■■■■

Ross.

i think boc at faversham have still got a 6 wheeler tm wrecker,i think its been sent to france on the odd occasion,looked a tidy bit of kit.

Butler had one doing Swiss.What happened to him ? And Pengelly come to think of it…?

Trawling throgh the web i came across these Bedford tacktor and trucks. (3)

Salut, Oldtimer trucker

i served my hgv mechanics apprenticeship with a food company by the name of W.L. MILLER & SONS based in Poole ,Dorset., pies and sausages ect… , when i started there they had a narrow cab tm tractor unit with a v6 detroit in it, supposedly the first one in service… the reg no. was GTP 400N, i was only 16 at the time but i remember that truck well…it even had a brass plate on the passenger side of the dash stating something to the effect of it being the first one,i cant remember the exact date in service, but i think it said feb 1975, i wish i took that plate when they scrapped her…
seemed to eat gearboxes if i remember,lol…sounded nice though,dont remember drivers liking it too much,the rest of the tractors were b series erf’s with 265 rollers in em…

I think I remember the same motor Lespaul1765 :slight_smile: I’m sure it was in one of the early TM brochures, I think I might have it somewhere so I’ll have a rummage and dig it out for you :wink:

that would be great if you could,i didnt even know it had been in any publications

I knew I’d seen it somewhere :smiley: The very motor! Hope this brings back a few memories :wink:

And this is the text that went with the photo

thanks man, thats awesome,i havent seen that truck , or a picture of it in probably 23 years ish…
many thanks again…