Bedford TL tilting cab question

Regional Distribution Centre. The place where companies keep stock and load the lorries before sending them to individual sotres. HTH :slight_smile:

Ah no. These were shops not the distribution centres, ie Selly Oak, Northfield, Kingsheath, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield,.

Hi chaps ref: the RDC,s I worked at one (in the Northwest which shall be nameless) and when the one I worked at went on to a system of “linepicking” this means the system was geared up to taking the stock off the wagon and “literally” stacking said items on to various pallets on the floor ONLY as opposed to stacking on floor to ceiling racking for storage :unamused:

This system was brought in to “save costs” :laughing: at the expense of the “Haulier” put simply it meant that the haulier was a “FREE” storage facility as the haulier was expected to a) arrive on time and :laughing: b) was guaranteed :laughing: a quicker turnround :laughing: .

To put it bluntly when I asked a manager what happens if the load is late his reply was “then it gets turned away” and he actually said “it is the hauliers responsibility” to get it there on time and no excuses would be acceptable :imp:

This is the ongoing problem why all the drivers / trucks are taking so long to unload at RDC,s cos RDC,s don,t pay demurrage as to be fair to hauliers they won,t stand up to the big supermarkets and say enough is enough and start charging for delays due to haulage rates being so tight on margins there is always someone willing to take the work on for a lower rate :angry:

Ad infinitum :exclamation: