Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

Don’t know if this is a repost, but we used to get these and The Alpine Man down our street. Never seen a wagon do a wheelspin like that ever again. Whoever drove them must have been trained by the secret service in evading terrorist threats.

Some Bedford vehicles from my collection hope of interest.

RCS today

image.jpg

Hulme Hall Lane Manchester.

Junction of Hulme Hall Lane and Briscoe Lane Manchester.

French drink delivery :

Marginally better Suedehead.
Oily

Anyone else want a go, :slight_smile: Les.

van%20001%20(2).jpg

MV Saturn ferry.jpgOn board the MV Saturn in Scotland

Bedford adverts from 1966.

When I worked for a Bedford dealer we had to use ‘Bedford antifreeze’ and also pop a ‘turd’ (one for a TK etc, two for a KM) into the system to help prevent the leaks that antifreeze usually found! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
When I worked for a Bedford dealer we had to use ‘Bedford antifreeze’ and also pop a ‘turd’ (one for a TK etc, two for a KM) into the system to help prevent the leaks that antifreeze usually found! :laughing:

Pete.

That reminded me of when on Ameys haulage section early 50s using Army recon Bedfords that they never put A/F in them so what you say probably was the reason, it was a pain to have to drain off in winter when on nights away and to refill in the mornings—Toshboy

Amazingly you can still purchase ‘turds’ nowadays, you can see how they got the name! :laughing:

turd.jpg

Pete.

Pete…I remember nipping round to Ledsons Motor Spares in Wigan for a couple of
packets of “Richard The Thirds”, that’s what we called them. :laughing: :laughing: Ray Smyth.

Couple of odds and sods
Tyneside

tyneside:
Couple of odds and sods
Tyneside

The second one is so new they have not got a plate on it yet!

Dipster:

tyneside:
Couple of odds and sods
Tyneside

The second one is so new they have not got a plate on it yet!

Just noticed there is another one that could be Mackay’s in the background, just peeping round the headboard.

Tyneside

Does anyone know the purpose of this little Bedford AO? Obviously some sort of aircraft servicing vehicle, but what exactly did it do?

saw this in New Zealand recently

20190213_040638000_iOS.jpg

20190213_040710000_iOS.jpg

20190213_040627000_iOS.jpg

20190213_040620000_iOS.jpg