Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

One I used to drive years back

Green Lane Liverpool 1967.

Coopers Row Liverpool

Buxton

Liverpool

Bedford London 2-001.jpgLondon

South Woodford.

I wish I had that Jensen following the TK in London! One of my dream cars…

There’s a scrapyard behind the camera man!

Bedford M1-001.jpgStuck in traffic on the M1 South at Leicester.

Bedford fuel tanker at Liverpool Airport.

Bedford GTR-001.jpgBedford TK being given the once over in Buckinghamshire during the search for the great train robbers in 1963.

This was my little 1972 KCC TK …I got it in 1989 and started up on my own eventually replaced by Isuzu in 94 so it served me well
the gearbox was original the motor was a diesel replaced with a Holden 253 V8 petrol so it had a little bit of grunt with its 4 ton payload
it ended up on a farm somewhere in northern NSW probably in a paddock somewhere now …great little machines

Bedford TK operated by Tingey’s of Hatfield pictured on Holywell Hill in St Albans.

Bedford Artic s.jpg

Isn’t that a K series Ford? :confused:

Pete.

In France ,fuel delivery.

The picture speaks for itself :smiley:

This KM Bedford was the first 16 ton G.V.W. lorry that I bought in 1978.
“Big H”, Harry Jones is seen here checking his ropes before setting off
with a full load of pallets. This motor was a “Flying Machine”,
Harry was stopped on the A74 by the Dumfries Police for doing well in
excess of 60 M.P.H. near to Kirkpatrick Fleming. If my memory is correct,
I think that the A74 from past the top of the M6 was a 40 M.P.H. dual carriageway.
Its meself in the second picture. Regards, Ray Smyth

VTU 103M.jpg

Bedford Factory.jpgBedford Factory

TJ in Finland.

I drove a Bedford J Type 322 JBB, When I worked for Baxters Road Services Ltd on Newcastle Quayside, It had the Scammell automatic Coupling with a hydraulic anti jack knife ram fitted to the unit, It had the Bedford 300 engine & a 4 speed g/box, It performed very well pulling 12 Ton over Standedge on the old A 62 running Manchester two or three times a week , Back loading from Thos Hedleys soap works in Trafford Park, Know Proctor & Gamble, I regret that the photos I had went astray when I moved house in 1968, , Regards Larry.

This Bedford TL 4X2 tractor unit Reg No DDF 176Y was registered new in May 1983.
Operated by Whiteline Transport of Alfreton Derbyshire it is pictured coupled to a Beaverfoam single axle trailer.

nice to see the mike gates restored artic back out again. under new ownership now. pics taken at the Purbeck rally this weekend, a good show but dampened by the rain.

toms bedford 3.jpg

toms bedford 2.jpg

toms bedford 1.jpg