Becoming an Owner driver (not another one i hear you say!)

renaultman is it uprated by being chipped or by pump and injectors mate. a friend of mine is having one and was thinking of having the power uprated.
cheers :laughing:

Carl:
renaultman is it uprated by being chipped or by pump and injectors mate. a friend of mine is having one and was thinking of having the power uprated.
cheers :laughing:

Think it was chipped mate, it was done by Thompsons Commercials, with backing from Renault, not sure of the cost as it was in with the deal when I bought it.

regardless of rate etc the best advice is to pay as much cash up front for your truck and have some left over for all the little things you need for the truck tools chains etc and then some for working capital. same as some of the people here one of my biggest customers is a pay 30days after invoice. especially for a new start up this is very tough. you need to have 3-4 months working capital available to get you through this time I’m lucky I have a wife on a good income and I own my truck out right. factoring companies seem good but they take away from your bottom line. every few % that goes here and there adds up. also fuel economy really adds up when you are paying the bills. insurance and regisration and ongoing costs.
over here there is lots of work for tip trucks and trailers they are begging for people and are paying well. but when you get down to the nitty gritty its work you would rather pass. why else are they looking so hard for drivers. if you go multiple rigs always remember to keep one or two that you own outright that might even sit in the back of the yard casue they are old bring them out in the busy season and park them up again.
There is money in trucks the key is buying @ the right price the truck that is the most versitile. New trucks are good when you have been around a while and have known costs and income streams. Don’t rush into buying one even if things seem to be going well cause thats when the β– β– β– β–  hits the fan generally.
Lastly before you start find a good trustworthy mechanic they can either make or break you. one of the biggest eye openers I found over here was the truck auctions and how cheap the trucks went for when compared to selling prices.

good luck in the venture as they say fortune favors the brave.
meggala