Beast from the East - Show us your journeys last week

Nice ice breaker you got there Harry :slight_smile:

Punchy Dan:
It’s back ,had to go out the front door to get a shovel to move a 3 ft drift from the back door ,it’s quite messy on the road out side ,no one else got it ?

We’ve got plenty up in’t hills Dan . Axe edge , Cat closed A515 has been closed due to multiple accidents . Same as you with the drifts , both doors drifted up so I phoned a friend to come and clear one so we could get out and unbury the car . Having bother , got a bad infection where they took the lung out so I’m a bit short of puff at the mo .

JFC999:
Plenty of snow in Pateley but it’s wet sort of stuff , supposed to turn to rain in afternoon.
Jim

Was up at coldstones quarry last week ,who tipped over down the road ?

image.jpeg
image.jpegBy 10am today had gone from being in front of the fire with dukes of hazzard box set to 5 loads of salt to Chesterfield :smiley:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Down V G. With the state of that wall I’d have gone round. Slide to the right and your on your way to the bottom under the power of gravity.

calsdad:
Down V G. With the state of that wall I’d have gone round. Slide to the right and your on your way to the bottom under the power of gravity.

Too many parked cars and clowns down the village :laughing:

BBC weather mentions snow and everyone parks on main st. Kniveton makes me laugh, they all do the same. Can never see the point if it snows bad parking on the main st wont get you out of Kniveton, just a PW truck on top of the car. I’m going Turnditch to Ashbourne to pick the truck up in the morning, Amber Valley chuck more grit about, and theres more farmers with ploughs that way all farms the other way are holiday complexes.

A19 from Thirsk to Washington wasn’t cleared last night. The A1(M) around Leeds was bad aswell on the way back. But the worst was the M180 eastbound, not cleared at all. You had to follow the tracks to get down there.

Saw a crashed truck from LINK on the A1 northbound just before Newark tonight.[emoji45] Get’s probably lifted out there tomorrow.

Have a safe trip everybody [emoji1303][emoji6]

What you thinkin of dan all for sake of 50 ton over hill

Money :wink:

Punchy Dan:

JFC999:
Plenty of snow in Pateley but it’s wet sort of stuff , supposed to turn to rain in afternoon.
Jim

Was up at coldstones quarry last week ,who tipped over down the road ?

Don’t know Dan , I’ve heard nothing , what day exactly was this ?
Jim

IT was Monday last week but the load of stone with an easy sheet under it had been there a week or two down towards the A59 .

We had considerably more snow fall this time than ‘The Beast’ dropped on us previously but it was soon dispersed by our ‘road gang’ as it was very powdery and everything was quickly gritted and back to normal by early pm Sunday. Yesterday morning it was virtually all gone, the morning Sun did good work! More expected over Easter apparently.

Pete.

windrush:
We had considerably more snow fall this time than ‘The Beast’ dropped on us previously but it was soon dispersed by our ‘road gang’ as it was very powdery and everything was quickly gritted and back to normal by early pm Sunday. Yesterday morning it was virtually all gone, the morning Sun did good work! More expected over Easter apparently.

Pete.

I left the back door open a bit on Sunday Pete just for you low landers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
IT was Monday last week but the load of stone with an easy sheet under it had been there a week or two down towards the A59 .

I will investigate fully Dan , I don’t often go to Greenhow now but I know plenty that do , the truth will out .
Do you often get there , never seen you about ?
Jim

Not very often ,just a little job I do now and again in the quarry :wink: