Bathroom in the truck?

waynedl:
I have a ‘cartridge toilet’ in my caravan and it’s fine, put some chemical in and empty the cartridge when convenient. No smell in the caravan so it’d be fine in a truck too, and only small, like others have said, under a flip up passenger seat with cartridge in the side locker should be fine.

Liking the sound of those camping shower tents, but you’d get some funny looks, or even worse, pervs

same here, big lack of disposal points in uk msa’s though. Most of the larger msa’s in france have disposal points.
The showers are quite good and really cheap to buy on ebay or millets etc. Just need the weather for them.

Pure ■■■■■■■ laziness :unamused:
Most drivers are overweight as it is they need all the exercise they can get, if they have bogs and showers in their cab the only exercise they will get is walking 5 metres to the ecoli van to have a gossip and buy a quadruple cheese burger with extra lard and some battered chips with extra lard.

I use this when can’t get a shower, bit basic but at least i feel cleaner. :slight_smile:
ebay.co.uk/itm/390270459223#ht_578wt_905

bubsy06:
Pure [zb] laziness :unamused:
Most drivers are overweight as it is they need all the exercise they can get, if they have bogs and showers in their cab the only exercise they will get is walking 5 metres to the ecoli van to have a gossip and buy a quadruple cheese burger with extra lard and some battered chips with extra lard.

Wheres this van bubsy, might have to head down that way…mmmmmm lard mmmmmm

gezt:
I use this when can’t get a shower, bit basic but at least i feel cleaner. :slight_smile:

Does the pump drop into the fuel tank so you can get that proper truckers smell?

Lucy:
Having seen the state of most Gents toilets, I shudder to think what would happen if you put a bog in their trucks… :open_mouth:

Couldn’t agree more Lucy (not commenting about why you were in the gents though :wink: )

Could you imagine the state and smell. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Also, in doing so you would give more of an excuse to those who provide facilities to not bother :unamused:

Would multi user fleet trucks also require a hole in the cab wall and a collection of iffy phone numbers :laughing: :laughing:

I think ive just found the solution to all our problems lol :open_mouth:

skids:
I think ive just found the solution to all our problems lol :open_mouth:
http://www.thebrowncorporation.com/

Hmm a 20+ stone driver vs a cardboard box, its gonna get messy

something more substantial sir? For the larger frame? Suits you sir

http://www.boginabag.co.uk/buy-boginabag-products.aspx

waynedl:
I have a ‘cartridge toilet’ in my caravan and it’s fine, put some chemical in and empty the cartridge when convenient. No smell in the caravan so it’d be fine in a truck too, and only small, like others have said, under a flip up passenger seat with cartridge in the side locker should be fine.

Liking the sound of those camping shower tents, but you’d get some funny looks, or even worse, pervs

I have never been in a caravan and have absolutely no intention of ever going in one, but this fascinates me. I mean, when you go for a dump does everyone else go and stand outside whilst you blast off, is it in a specially sound proofed cupboard, or are you just a very laid back family?

I certainly wouldnt wish to be inside a small aluminium box with someone else in the launch zone ready to give it there all.

bubsy06:

gezt:

Does the pump drop into the fuel tank so you can get that proper truckers smell?

no mate but i bet the pik… use them for that :unamused:

gezt:

bubsy06:

gezt:

no mate but i bet the pik… use them for that :unamused:

not big enough for our thieving non-friends, also noticed our Pik… non-friends are now investing in 7.5tonners with hi-ab grabbers :laughing: :laughing: noticed them at the royal welsh show, they had at least 4 of them along with there 20+ ford tippers with get more in boards, they dont need to climb over security fencing anymore :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
My view…

The cabs are too small to realisticaly install a workable shower, and personaly I would not want to spend all day working in a toilet !!

With something like a Long Line where a cubicle is a possibility then perhaps, but given the practical dimensions of nearly all cabs at this time, I think its not reasonable.

Not to mention if someone else drives your vehicle and leaves a present or two in the toilet…

Amen brother :wink:

Especially after a night out that involves a few pints and a Chicken Vindaloo :open_mouth: :laughing:

It could be possible to have a toilet in a truck. If you use the holding tank from a caravan to store the waste then its no problem. Service stations would just need a disposal point for it hooked up to their main drains which will just need to be a pipe. The blue stuff used is normally pretty good at breaking things down. The problem would come if drivers decided to just empty their tanks in lay-by hedges.
As for a shower i think that would require far too much room to be feesable, maybe a power connection on the outside of the truck to run a small submersible pump or something like that to power a shower.
However, going by the price of the cassette toilets they would soon get broken and not repaired, they are around £100 retail for a new one and are now a target for thieves.

After watching top gear there is no way i would carry a suitcase full of ■■■ to a sewage dispenser

The cassette toilet holding tank if used with the correct treatment is more hygenic than most household loos. Still, I wouldn’t use one as a spare fresh water container though :smiley:

I,ve been out all day, so I,m just getting up-to-speed with this very interesting thread. :sunglasses:

I was doing ok till I clicked on “skids”—(Your first name,s not Mark is it skid?)-- link to The Brown Corporation. I started to lose the plot when I saw “LittleJack”. when I got to the S-H-Eye-T Box @£15.20. I lost it completely, and blew the gobful of tea and Digestive biscuit that I was getting down me at the time, all over the keyboard. :unamused: I have now managed to hoover all the gunge up. :laughing: :sunglasses:

:question: :question: I hope Lucy and PinkLadyTrucker have clicked on the Brown Company link, kindly provided by skids. There is a Little Girls box on there , which would be ideal for them . Reasonably priced @ £11.20 plus £3.50 Delivery. It would stop them complaining about the state of the Blokes Bogs. :laughing: :laughing:

Hombre:

waynedl:

I have never been in a caravan and have absolutely no intention of ever going in one, but this fascinates me. I mean, when you go for a dump does everyone else go and stand outside whilst you blast off, is it in a specially sound proofed cupboard, or are you just a very laid back family?

I certainly wouldnt wish to be inside a small aluminium box with someone else in the launch zone ready to give it there all.

:laughing: :laughing: Classic :laughing:

I was in the pub earlier this week talking to a mate from Yorkshire, we were mentioning trucks and a couple of blokes listening were asking about the job. One had read the Sun and seen LGV and 700 quid mentioned. His mate had brought him down to talk to us.

His first question was "do you sleep in a hotel? when the answer was no, he asked about toilets in the cab. His mate then spouted up that he drove for a steel stockholders in Derby and had a chemical toilet in an F10 twenty years ago :open_mouth:

funnily enough, my mate didn’t believe him either :stuck_out_tongue:

These modern casette type loos in caravans & motor homes, canal boats, horse boxes, stock car coaches, etc. are a cracking bit of kit.

I remember going caravanning with my parents when I was a teenager.
The on board loo was like a large plastic bucket with a seat. You put Elsan Blue in it.
If got more than about a third full & you dive bombed, you got a wet aris!

One poster asked about noise. We used to put the transistor radio on loud.

It had a clip on lid for travelling. One time Dad forgot to put this on before we towed all day.
He didn’t make that mistake again!