Bath clean air zone to charge £100 for LGV`S

109LWB:
The rediculous thing is, when you drive into bath off the A46 onto the A4 and have to sit in that huge backlog of traffic all the way into to the centre, it’s pretty much all cars. You might see a handful of lorries, but they are certainly nowhere near the majority.

Absolutely correct.

The only way ulz’s would disappear is if (big if) the biggest players and supermarkets said Non, but we all know won’t happen,as they are share holder driven, also when 1 company stops doing something, the other takes that work on.

YARDDOG:

anisboy:
Sounds like a great reason to drop the two customers we have in Bath, crap drops with very little profit made, especially as with one of them we have to waste an hour waiting for them to open!! I never liked Bath anyway, complete pile of a town.

You obviously have never spent any leisure time in Bath then.

What’s so good about bath? I’ve never been to bath once but I know they apparently have like public bath places I think. That’s all I know about bath. :grimacing:

El Deano:
Look like I am delivering round all the rural drops then, no more city centres for me and my Euro 4? 2011 MAN. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

+1
My filthy daf will soon be barred from city centres too.

Drempels:
Would be nice to give every one of the places (especially London) exactly what they want.

They hate lorries for all manner of reasons so why bring them in?

We dont want you here! Right you are, come and pick your stuff up yourselves.

Hey, I can dream… :smiley:

If I had my way all deliveries to London would be done with tipping trailers . Any free spot on the M25 would qualify as a delivery spot . Paperwork on top of the delivery would qualify as a sucessful delivery .

Boycot the whole area and arrange dels. to be picked up personally by customers in Bristol.

YARDDOG:

anisboy:
Sounds like a great reason to drop the two customers we have in Bath, crap drops with very little profit made, especially as with one of them we have to waste an hour waiting for them to open!! I never liked Bath anyway, complete pile of a town.

You obviously have never spent any leisure time in Bath then.

You couldn’t pay me enough to visit there in my leisure time now, spent far too long trying to deliver to the hell hole. Was even worse when I had to take a roadside flower lorry through the town during trading hours and try and stop at the various customers we had at the time.

We tried visiting as a family three times, and each of those times things went against us. I can’t blame Bath for the car breaking down, but it just added to the dismal time we have had in the place. SWMBO went to Bath Spa with our eldest a couple of years ago and couldn’t wait to get out of the place.

Years ago I used have to drive the A36 on the way back to Bristol after my last drop just outside Bath, it often took me longer to make that short journey then it did to travel from Bristol to my first drop in Devises at 7am.

Can you tell I REALLY don’t like the place?

Well they are now saying that the new Electric Powered Cars will be putting more ■■■■■ into the air than diesel vehicles, I wish these jumped up ■■■■■ who think all this crap up should go back to school & do their sums like me and thousands of other folk who attended school in the 40s when the war was on IMO All of us learned that hard way & how to try & do things correctley, These Numpties & very high & overpaid in my book are just making things worse for everyone, Regards Larry.

trevHCS:
I want to know how the council vehicles will figure in this, eg: all their diesel vans, bin lorries, roadwork trucks etc.

Real reason for all this is so the posh people can drive their stupid 4x4 and SUVs without the air pollution increasing anymore due to the lack of trucks. Although they’ll have to drive out of town to actually find an open business.

Emergency vehicles and council no doubt be exempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well they are now saying that the new Electric Powered Cars will be putting more [zb] into the air than diesel vehicles,

Whoever says that is either only talking about emissions during production of the car or doesn’t know what the hell they’re on about. A study was done in the USA into this. Unless the car is only ever charged from electricity generated by the worst coal power stations for its entire life will it be worse than a car and by car we’re talking a US Ford truck. Using electricity from renewable energy sources or nuclear a Tesla’s entire emissions become lower over those of an ICE car within 2 years.