Bartrum Director urges transport sectary not to extend visas

stu675:

msgyorkie:
I wonder how many new drivers are only entering our profession because of the lurid headlines claiming earnings of £80k?
Most (not all) drivers became drivers because of a love of driving. You can tell the proper drivers on the roads. They are patient, courteous and respect their fellow driver.
How many of the new drivers chasing the dollar will have the driver values? I’d wager very few!

So wages should be kept at £10 and just let drivers who want to do it for the love, continue?

I have seen a rapid increase in bellends driving trucks in the last 5 years!

So has nothing to do with the recent increase in wages nor the change in the test to separate the TESTING of reverse and un/coupling.

No I expect wages to rise with demands of a labour shortage. What doesnt help are the stories kicking around The Daily Mail and others claiming that lorry drivers earn £80k.
Do you earn £80k? cos i certainly don’t.
This entices people into the industry who sole aim is earning £80k. Then they realise actually it can be a crap job with crap conditions and crap wages!

msgyorkie:
This entices people into the industry who sole aim is earning £80k. Then they realise actually it can be a crap job with crap conditions and crap wages!

Then they go back to their old job or a new one and let their license rust like the 100s of 1000s before them, then there’s a driver shortage or ‘‘shortage’’ and a new public outcry how there’s no one willing to drive trucks for £100k a year then a new crop of suckers flood in and so the wheel spins on and on

ETS:

msgyorkie:

Then they go back to their old job or a new one and let their license rust like the 100s of 1000s before them, then there’s a driver shortage or ‘‘shortage’’ and a new public outcry how there’s no one willing to drive trucks for £100k a year then a new crop of suckers flood in and so the wheel spins on and on

Yes and this enforces my original point that I made, that the bullshine stories about £80k attracts bellends to the game. You know the sort, they dont care about anybody else but themselves, they have just ditched their BMW for a Merc Actros :smiley:

Keep advertising year after year that the driverless vehicles are around the corner. That pretty soon cars, buses and trucks will do the job unmanned just like a white good does. Then ask yourself, why a school leaver would consider a career that is so well advertised to die in a few years?

Normaly in January-February quit.But this year ready in December very quit-plenty agency not work 5 day a week,plenty short shift at DPD,Stobart,Asda and may be more.January i think will be full died month.I not cry,have some money to live for future.

Andrejs:
Normaly in January-February quit.But this year ready in December very quit-plenty agency not work 5 day a week,plenty short shift at DPD,Stobart,Asda and may be more.January i think will be full died month.I not cry,have some money to live for future.

OK dozy.

msgyorkie:

ETS:

msgyorkie:

Yes and this enforces my original point that I made, that the bullshine stories about £80k attracts bellends to the game. You know the sort, they dont care about anybody else but themselves, they have just ditched their BMW for a Merc Actros :smiley:

Come on, you missed out Audi [emoji12]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk