Barred From Aldi

commercialmotor.com/news/com … 7C_News_CM

Doubt it will change much, as its peanuts to them in the scale of things, but you never know!

Sympathy for the pain and suffering, but I used an electric pallet jack at sixteen years old and guess what… no one showed me what to do, I worked it out all by myself. No one “shadowing” me. No one giving me instructions. No one holding my hand. I (and gawd knows how many others) didn’t have training sessions etc,etc… and most of us are still here.

i self tipped years ago.didnt take to it…the more i thought about it,the more demeaning it appeared to be,so i wouldnt do it for the likes of aldi lidl and the likes…an easy out is to get electric truck and swiftly wreck anything that isnt your own delivery…job done and no more tipping…i dont take to places that treat you like vermin and i have no respect for anything to do with them…i dont mind loading or unloading in normal places with the hand truck to the back of the trailer,but if its stuck or too heavy then i either eventually get a hand or it all stops till i do…ive been told in a cpl of places that as soon as your on a bay,your trailer is an extension of the warehouse floor so they are always covered with insurance and any claims to the contrary is just a cop out…but seeing as there will never be a united front from drivers regarding their conditions,there wil always be a company desperate for the scraps of work that will make their drivers labour for the warehouses,so the ones that do might just bend over and take it…

I was in lidl Bridgend few weeks ago I had 10 pallets of wine which had 2 pallets of food put on top spread over the 10 pallets couple of layers on each pallet all shrunk wrapped together I tipped them then someone come over and said you need to break them down or take them back no problem I said and started reloading.
Manager come and said hang on I’ll just ring your gaffa he’ll tell you to do it.
Ok mate good luck with that.
Phone rings gaffa said when you’ve broke them down.
Stop there I’m not doing it phone goes down
Lidl manager we need that wine for weekend
Ok get one of your warehouse staff to sort it
No he says
Ok no problem back on the trailer and back to the yard it went
Warehouse bloke at the yard says that happens a lot putting pallets on top of pallets
I say well don’t give it me and and it won’t come back a lot
Do it once and you’ll get it all the time ■■■■ take

Admittedly over in the chill side but still at Lidl, Bridgend - I had stacked pallets similar to that and they just sliced the wrap and lifted them off.

This was only yesterday.

Didn’t even need to ask. Sometimes I just think they make it up as they go along.

To be fair Bridgend is one of the better ones Lutterworth and Weston super mare are a waste of space and I find most aldis ok but like everyone saying don’t mind tipping but as for restacking pallets not a chance
It’s the haulage company’s fault from day 1 it should have been no we won’t tip your stock which means no stock no shops open it’s not rocket science.