Barlows.Transport. Biggin Nr Ashbourne

Hi Pete.
Hope the mrs is ok and soon be home. Gilly :unamused: . First night i stopped at Redhill,we were running out of Redhill sand,finished late,had a swill and headed for the pub they said they would be in,looked in the door… Place was full of well suited and booted men and ladies :question: ,so i thought,wrong pub,went and found another,where 50/- shilling suits were the norm,and settled in for the night,next night,was asked,why didn’t i stay with them at the pub,they had seen me come in and thought i was “mixing"with the crowd. THEY were the ones dressed up like John Travolta’s!!!. They took get a wash and changing to a new level,Gilly,great bloke,as were all of the gang,remember me to the old scroat,i think the pub was the” Castle ?" Mad Monk/Joe Roache/Tony Brough/Gilly/■■■■ Taylor/“Molly” Windle/Erco-Woody/chap from Heage/Cuddly.Brian Freeman/
Malc Travis… ask HIM!! about a night spent at the Rose Bank,Gretna Green… Enough said.
Ring Hot Spanners tonight,and get back to you.
Ted.

My Dad is trying to remember you ted ,he’ll have to remember what day it is first !

Hi Dan.
Cannot remember dates,but was living in Borrowash, last job for Dennis was the Abbey Hill ramp,from Little Eaton up to Allestree,the A38 link,(If you do 9,i will pay you 10 !i got the 9 in.) good old Dennis,then moved up to Hull, moved back from Hull to W/worth and moved onto the Meadows,when they built the first phase of,"Cox’s Boxes :laughing: . Then joined the elite :open_mouth: by moving onto Pittywood Road,loved W/Worth,but got the urge to travel again,Crawley,Southhampton,etc…In those days,you could get a job anywhere that took your fancy,happy days.
Ted (Borrowash Flyer as was :unamused: )

hi All.
There may/may not be photos of a Barlows Lorry-artic coming,but " hope springs eternal". NO !!! you don’t put your FINGER IN THE SPRING SHACKLE TO SEE IF ITS IN LINE !!!. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: … Unless you want to risk only being able to order,four and a half pints :unamused: (Frank Morley at Phillips,while cuffing me around the ear)
Ted aka Tyreon Tarmac

fergie used to buy single ■■■■ off you on a night out on toddy services to tight to by a packet.

ian clayton:
fergie used to buy single ■■■■ off you on a night out on toddy services to tight to by a packet.

That’s why he can now afford a nice yellow and white Tarm*C tipper Ian, you probably own a share of it! :wink:

Pete.

i see a new member on the thread , ian clayton . if it is the same ian clayton i remember , ex barlows , ex hazelcroft welcome to our whacky world and it’s good to hear from you again . see my user name for a clue , cheers , dave

rigsby:
i see a new member on the thread , ian clayton . if it is the same ian clayton i remember , ex barlows , ex hazelcroft welcome to our whacky world and it’s good to hear from you again . see my user name for a clue , cheers , dave

That’s him Dave. Doesn’t need a fancy user name like us as he has nowt to hide! :smiley:

Pete.

Hi everyone this is Ron steeples granddaughter he loved working with everyone at barlow’s sadly though he passed away on the 1st may this year

Just looked at this.Mrs Tinti.Bed and Breakfast and coal merchants.I sold a couple of Transits for deliveries and the bodies had to be less width than the wheels because of the road to Gulliver’s Kingdom.Every sale we had was different in spec when selling commercials which was different than cars which was boring and customers going round with their motor magazines were a pain in the arse.Not as good as down to earth lorry chaps.

Tony

Pinched these off Arsebook.

Hi.
“Barlows ride again”. Super,smashing,terrific… Now lets see what you would have won…LOL
Thanks
Ted

if derek barlow was giving the prizes i wouldn’t want to be on the podium . i was chatting to jimmy buxton ( rip ) when he came to hazelcroft and he said he rolled in barlow’s yard from a cornwall delivery and derek gave him a loading number for tunstead , " get of with that it’s an 8 am delivery " . the delivery was roche’s at paisley . jim was amazed at his first weeks wage , running legal and still nearly twice what barlow paid , and those were jim’s words . cheers , dave

Hi.
News from the front…I SAID FRONT!! “Birch Logistics International” has now ceased trading and their C.E.O has informed me that he will now be known as… Mr J. Ferguson-Birch. At the moment he is finishing writing a book about his years spent running to the Middle East,twice a week. Both he and his good lady wife are in good health and holidaying in the Bahamas at their villa and send their regards.
Borrowash :laughing:

Not my photos but thought they would bring back some memories for you Buxton lads

8057443148_697d401e53_z.jpg

VS02168.jpg

hulltramper:
Hi.
News from the front…I SAID FRONT!! “Birch Logistics International” has now ceased trading and their C.E.O has informed me that he will now be known as… Mr J. Ferguson-Birch. At the moment he is finishing writing a book about his years spent running to the Middle East,twice a week. Both he and his good lady wife are in good health and holidaying in the Bahamas at their villa and send their regards.
Borrowash :laughing:

So John has chucked his keys on the table at last! All that good work he had at Dene on that six wheeler has finally payed off for the old lad then, John, and that other ex Barlows and Dene reprobate ‘Barnrat’ (alias Pete Harrison!) can now go off caravanning in the sun together. At least Pete can read a map so they should get to wherever they were actually heading, John will get lost at Cromford crossroads :laughing:

Pete.

Ferglet ?..Lost at Cromford Crossroads ? He could not find the weighbridge at Dene,even when he loaded out of there,as regards Barn rat,he is another Oxygen thief… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Not been on this site for years bloody brilliant stuff, brightened up my day hearin about all these ex drivers ecy keep iy lit Ian clayton.

ian clayton:
Not been on this site for years bloody brilliant stuff, brightened up my day hearin about all these ex drivers ecy keep iy lit Ian clayton.

I’m afraid that age hasn’t improved any of us since you last looked in Ian! :laughing:

Pete.