bad habits

UKtramp:
Nothing to do with being condescending when it is obvious from this post that some drivers, even fully experienced ones have either ignored or forgotten the simple procedure of BLACK. Therefore it is understandable that this has been implemented. A simple error in this procedure could cost a company thousands of pounds, a small tag placed on the release handle could prevent this from happening from one of these drivers. The amount of trailers that I have picked up with no trailer brake having ever been applied by other drivers is many. What possible time saving shortcut is achieved by simply not applying a trailer brake? Is following BLACK somehow below some drivers. Do they think that they know better?

■■■■■■■■, lacking all concentrated knowledge.:confused:

the nodding donkey:
And that is why Sainsbury’s now make us attach a [zb] card to the fifth wheel handle…B.L.A.C.K. “have you uncoupled a trailer before?”. They couldn’t be more condescending if they paid an under graduate in condescending, to treat you like a toddler. Next time I’m treated like a toddler, I’m going to behave like one.

Join an agency, most already smell like they’ve ■■■■ themselves, talk nonesense and can’t form full sentences and can’t dress themselves.

A.

Why anyone would ever pull a pin without first applying the brake is a method of uncoupling ill never understand.

The-Snowman:
Why anyone would ever pull a pin without first applying the brake is a method of uncoupling ill never understand.

Have you seen the average driver :laughing:

TiredAndEmotional:

truckman020:

tango boy:

TiredAndEmotional:
Bloody dangerous habit you have!

+1 28 years in the job, unbelievable :unamused:

how do you think I feel,everyone heard the thing drop,i felt like a bloody novice,as I said in my post it’s the first and last time I do something so stupid,i’m expecting a disciplinary and I will accept without question as it was my own stupid blunder

You said yourself it was a habit. I can only infer from that you’ve done this more than once and with 28 years experience there’s absolutely no excuse for your actions.

agreed, but this is the first time, the habit started around 2 months ago,a very bad habit and one I will not be repeating

The last thing i do is pull the pin. Defo not the first thing…

A friend of mine says he does it that way when parked on bay to save time i laughed never done it in 30 years that way always start from back and pin last thing, only thing i now do all time like luke is put trailer brake on which i never used to do till about10 years ago till i pushed trailer back that had shunt button on when i went to hook up.

UKtramp:
Nothing to do with being condescending when it is obvious from this post that some drivers, even fully experienced ones have either ignored or forgotten the simple procedure of BLACK. Therefore it is understandable that this has been implemented. A simple error in this procedure could cost a company thousands of pounds, a small tag placed on the release handle could prevent this from happening from one of these drivers. The amount of trailers that I have picked up with no trailer brake having ever been applied by other drivers is many. What possible time saving shortcut is achieved by simply not applying a trailer brake? Is following BLACK somehow below some drivers. Do they think that they know better?

Then I am going to push to have my patented ‘head swivel confirmation attachment’ to be made a compulsory fitment to all cars and trucks. It is fitted to the driver’s head and attached to the clutch, and stops a vehicle pulling away without checking right and left. I’m also going to push to have large, soft rubber bumpers fitted all round all road vehicles, to avoid damage or injury caused by a coming together. And a re-introduction of a man with a red flag, to walk in front of all motor cars to warn bystanders…