Axminster transport

True Dennis, true. Even making room for Madame Fifi.

David

I don’t know why you play with words you lot why not just say cliffs a fat b______d I can take it.Nice of you all to keep input coming into the thread . Obviously that’s why I ended up with a Super Space Cab for me to fit in.

Good Lord Cliff, we would never be so rude. And in my case it would be the pot calling the kettle anyway.

Thinking on I wish that I had had a space cab because it would have given me the space for Madame Fifi and a load of her friends at the same time. Actually it was probably as well I didn’t.

David

My dear old dad sadly missed, but he enjoyed a few nice trips with me here we are in Tain northern Scotland loading mussles for Brittany, had to spend 2 days here cause they tipped the boat over. Nice pub good food and drink he didn’t mind.

Cliff, the old man looks proper old school , still wearing a tie fair play to him you dont see that these
days old habits die hard ! Did he drive out of intrest and thats how you become a driver going out
with him as a kid ?

Hi Dean he did drive a bit with tippers but not a lot while I was growing up.He did run his own lorries before I was born.
This is a piece of the advertising used.

Cliff luxton:
My dear old dad sadly missed, but he enjoyed a few nice trips with me here we are in Tain northern Scotland loading mussles for Brittany, had to spend 2 days here cause they tipped the boat over. Nice pub good food and drink he didn’t mind.

I dare say you wern’t too bothered either Cliff knowing you. I hope the mussels were as good as me and Shaun had at your place a few weeks ago. see you soon mate.

Found this in a 1994 magazine.Click on page to read.

Here’s me and my mate Roger in Rungis about 1975.In those days there were a lot of UK and Irish companies transporting fresh meat into the Paris market everyday.Often unloading part load in Rungis then being sent somewhere else in France with the rest of the load,could be anywhere.

I don’t know how long I can go on with these photos hopefully someone is going to help, I have a few still to come this one is on the way back to Patras from Athens.

Here are a couple of guy’s from the old day’s Kevin who worked for Axminster, and Harry who a lot of you will recognise worked for British Beef ,Alf Mead, Cadwalader, I had a lot of good times with these men. This was taken in the Esso Stop in Marseille waiting to load bananas from the docks.

Cliff,

You must remember the new road being built up to Mont Blanc when you used to go to Italy.
Bit of a crap pic but must have been a site when they were building it !

Thanks Geoff count myself very privileged to have been invited and able to be there.We will all miss the old ■■■■. We are very lucky to have a very close friendship and keep in touch with one another after all these years.
Yes Dean I remember them building that new road.

This is on the French side of Mont Blanc.

The Blanc coming back from Turkey in December '95. Robert

Blanc Italian side 2015

Thanks for that up to date picture robthedog you must be one of the few drivers from England going to Italy now, it must be a pretty lonely job now. Different from the hundreds of English drivers every week all over Europe,70s 80s and 90s. Who are you working for.Thanks Robert for your picture also.

Italian side of Mont Blanc around 2007.

IR216768.JPG

IR225152.JPG

Here’s three of the best in Cherbourg wonder where we were all going.I think it was Richard Jenkins with F10. Dave Brown with F89. Myself with the Daf.