Axminster transport

Heres a new one Cliff,one of Paul’s. Dont know if you can make the driver out ■■?

axminsterdriver.PNG

A04905p.JPG

Another one for Cliff from the Paul Gee thread! Robert

A02372.JPG

There were a few french drivers Dean that looks like Paul but it was a long time ago.
Nice pic Robert. Thanks both.

Not the best of pics Cliff but one of the Scanias in the background arriving at Poole docks.

L1891.JPG

Thanks Dean not many pictures of the Scanias on here I have a few more when I get round to scanning them across. Take care mate.

This one will have been on before , I’ve been given a lot of new ones by Peter’s family but can’t get my scanner to work. Got someone coming to help will soon get it working. Never get tired of this picture.

Dave Lee took this cracking photo of an Axminter F88.

That was driven by Edgar Fowler from new Dean ,unfortunately he passed away earlier this year. Great character R.I.P. Edgar.

Cliff luxton:
That was driven by Edgar Fowler from new Dean ,unfortunately he passed away earlier this year. Great character R.I.P. Edgar.

We buried Dad’s ashes last weekend in Axminster cemetery. He is right next to Edgar Fowler; I hope they are having a good catch up

They are in good company with each other Lindsey, hope you are all keeping well. Got lind’s cousin coming to stay next month he will be able to sort scanner out so I can use the photo’s you kindly gave me .Peter really liked these trucks, but most of the drivers had a different idea,after driving Volvo ,Scania, and Daf for many years.

Just wondering were all those years have gone.

Happy birthday Mr Cliff Luxton hope you have a very relaxed day, all the best Buzzer.

image.jpg

Thank you Buzzer, that’s much appreciated. Not to relaxed I hope.

happy bday cliff had a birthday drink with tony bradfield down in tanger one year what a session tony well on form a man missed im sure by many :smiley: :smiley:

happy birthday cliff i must say you looked a very young man in that last picture shame it was a few year’s back. anyway hope you had a good day. :sunglasses:

Thank you Steve ,that would have been a good one involving Tony, great man.

Thank you Kev it was a few years back now, about 40.

1974 Here I go starting a new career what a wonderful journey . And what some wonderful friends made on the way.

This could be the start of something good this is the first of lots of photo’s I’ve been given by Peter’s family a big thank you to Gaye, Lindsey and Simon.
I think this is when it was brand new.

Cliff luxton:
This could be the start of something good this is the first of lots of photo’s I’ve been given by Peter’s family a big thank you to Gaye, Lindsey and Simon.
I think this is when it was brand new.

Looking forward to seeing these new photos Cliff. One of the smartest fleets on the road in my opinion. :wink:

Here we go Dean this is close to the beginning of Axminster Transport.