Axminster transport

ERF-NGC-European:
Well, if no one else’ll bung 'em on here, then I will! I always appreciate it when folk post stuff I haven’t noticed from other threads on the ERF 1975 thread, bless 'em! So here we go then, two pics from the Paul Gee / DEANB thread. Enjoy, Robert

And me

And another

robthedog:
And another

Top man! Robert :smiley:

I think the paper report answers your guestion Harvey , it wasn’t just Volvo Peter walked away from, it was Daf and Scania as well having had new units from all three manufacturers over the years. In fairness I don’t think it would have been the drivers choice ,but we weren’t paying the bills. I left the company in 1986 we weren’t totally Leyland then.Thank you to the 2 Roberts for adding the photo’s to keep us going. The picture of the Bugle transport Scania is or was there colours very close to the Axminster livery. Thanks all.

Hi All, Had a request from another part of the country regarding ( G MARKS Tpt WIMBORNE ) cream/green motors.
F88, 6 wheel F86 and F86 unit, this chap is looking for any pic’s of said trucks, can anyone help !!! Harvey

Cfat

If I remember right that Scania came second hand from Space decks an engineering company in Chard . Peter had previously bought 3 new 141s one of which was wrought off in France. Thanks for the pic Rob.

This is the only picture I have of one of the 141s will try and get some off Peter next time I see him. It was in good company with mine and John’s Dafs.

Hi Rob
Peter Baulch was the owner of the company so that’s why his name is on the Scania
Cheers
Rich

One for Cliff. Robert

Thanks Robert pleased you can keep finding new photos to put on here. Hope you and all other visitors to the site had a great Christmas.

Cliff luxton:
Thanks Robert pleased you can keep finding new photos to put on here. Hope you and all other visitors to the site had a great Christmas.

I had a really a good 'un, thanks Cliff! Found this advert on the internet and wondered if that F86 was one of your lot. Happy New Year! Robert

images.jpg

Yes Robert that was driven by Edgar , and that is Peter the boss talking to him in smithfield market.

Didn’t travel on many ferries with so few trucks on back in the 70s and 80s when driving for Axminster Transport. This was a couple of years ago me with a van.

Saw this come by the window this morning we were in the hotel by the chain ferry.

Looks like The Haven ,Cliff

kerbut:
Looks like The Haven ,Cliff

You know its The Haven Nigel !! :laughing: :laughing: That cost a few quid Cliff !! :wink:

A03219p.JPG

Yes it was the Haven Nigel, just one night special rate for pensioners Dean.

I can’t believe it’s now 32 years since I finished working for this company. Having spent 12 great years travelling around Europe working with and meeting up with some of the greatest character’s in the industry. Great times indeed such lovely memories.

Lovely old trucks even a lovely old car thrown in.