Awaiting return of my Drivers license after a full year!

jonathan_dyane:
Unfortunately they are different:

ECG - Electrocardiogram, they stick a load of wires on your chest and a machine prints out a graph. Can be done in combination with exercise to see how your heart reacts to exertion.

Echocardiogram - this has the wires but they also do ultrasound at the same time which allows the computer to map a 3D video of your heart pumping.

Ah…I thought “ECG” were the letters from EchoCardioGram!!!
Many thanks for the info jonathan…much appreciated.

No worries, I hope you get sorted soon. If it helps I went through similar, took lots of chasing and much help from GP and the practice medical secretaries along with a helpful cardiologist.

I applied for provisional in July 2021 and finally got my provisional in February 2022.

jonathan_dyane:
I applied for provisional in July 2021 and finally got my provisional in February 2022.

Less than half the time it’s taken me! :wink:

I was incredibly frustrated it took that long, I can only imagine how ■■■■■■ off you are.

Just to warn you, in my case they only granted the entitlement for 12 months and I’m just waiting on them contacting me again about renewing, God knows how long that will take…

I had a stroke on 21 July last year, while driving an artic back from Switzerland.
22 July I arrived at my local hospital and was admitted.
Almost a week later I was released. I informed DVLA of my stroke, they immediately rescinded all my licences.
A month later, I phoned my GP to ask if I was OK to drive my car. I was, so I did.
June this year I wrote to DVLA, telling them I wanted to apply for my group 2 licences to be reinstated.
21 July, a DVLA envelope popped through the letterbox, containing a licence renewal form and an STRV1.
Completed those and returned them to DVLA, after a brief phone conversation with my GP.
11 Aug I got a letter from DVLA, they were going to contact my GP. They did, information was returned to DVLA on 25 Aug.

4 Nov, a DVLA envelope, containing my new licence :smiley:
HGV C and E are now valid until my 66th birthday, in 2 and a bit years time.
I’ll be retiring on that day :sunglasses:
(Note, between 11 Aug and 4 Nov there is an empty space. That’s precisely how it went. Absolutely nothing.)

Delighted to hear you’ve recovered well and are back on the road Simon.
I bet your retirement can’t come soon enough!

ConvoyKid:
Delighted to hear you’ve recovered well and are back on the road Simon.
I bet your retirement can’t come soon enough!

If I had the money, I’d retire now.
After a year off, practicing retirement, I’ll be grand when that day arrives :smiley:

2 years 3 months on Sunday, not that I’m counting like :laughing:

And I hope your sorted very soon. Just waitig, not knowing, is murderous.

Wow, sorry to hear that. That’s a record, a whole year.

Mine expired on 10 December and I’ve just got it back through all their medical enquiries and a Christmas right in the middle plus postal strikes it took them only one month this time, which is blobby amazing!

You’re gonna have to phone them up and be real nice. Good luck.

ConvoyKid:
I am presently under the care of my GP who I rarely see although I do receive blood tests every 3 months at my GP practice and my consultant whom I speak to briefly on the telephone once a year.
I consider myself fit & healthy, running 20km a week and a keen road cyclist being a member of my local cycling club and having completed regular weekly 50/70mile and a number of 100 mile routes in the last 12 years and believe it or not I actually cycle in the same cycling club as my GP!!!
I have also completed over 100,000 incident free driving miles in my most recent employment as a Meter reader from 2017-22.

Out of interest, did you have your goy-shot?

Willy Biggs:

ConvoyKid:
I am presently under the care of my GP who I rarely see although I do receive blood tests every 3 months at my GP practice and my consultant whom I speak to briefly on the telephone once a year.
I consider myself fit & healthy, running 20km a week and a keen road cyclist being a member of my local cycling club and having completed regular weekly 50/70mile and a number of 100 mile routes in the last 12 years and believe it or not I actually cycle in the same cycling club as my GP!!!
I have also completed over 100,000 incident free driving miles in my most recent employment as a Meter reader from 2017-22.

Out of interest, did you have your goy-shot?

What’s that?

Has Anyone else on this thread had a Cardiac ultrasound? Had mine on 17/1/23 and I’m a bit shocked at my EF result.

In my best Richard Wilson voice - “I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!!”
My driving license has just finally been returned from DVLA after posting in Oct 21.
The relief is unreal!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ConvoyKid:
In my best Richard Wilson voice - “I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!!”
My driving license has just finally been returned from DVLA after posting in Oct 21.
The relief is unreal!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Congratulations Drive :smiley: