AW JENKINSON

good firm nice kit, you will see places you didnt know existed. its go go go and if your over weight you will be fined and so will they which they will not be happy with. you move bark,wood chip,waste,green waste,salt all sorts 500 including your nights out and bonus

They have always had good kit beechams, i remember when they had a fleet of new 143s delivererd there was maybe 10 of them all running together on a sunday down A1, looked well tidy
cheers MARK

Looks as though it’s mostly Volvos at Lockerbie.
Seen a few nice Toplines on the road too.

Andy smg:
Looks as though it’s mostly Volvos at Lockerbie.
Seen a few nice Toplines on the road too.

The 10 here in craven arms are all scania toplines

Any jobs going at Lockerbie?

i worked for jenkies for abt 6 months and would go back in at the drop of a hat. you get 22% of what the lorry earns plus nights out plus a fuel consuption bonous. 100% legal, 2 ex ministry making sure of that. i was earning 550-620 for 5 days i know chipliner drivers make the most money but they have a lot of cleaning up after each tip and theres abt 60 buckles on a chipliner. the reason i left was they didnt have a truck for me i was driving a diffirent truck every week for 6 month and some of the cabs are boggin i was based at penrith, 120 miles from home and you will be asked to wor any 5 out of 7 usualy sun to thurs or tues to sat

Doesn’t Jenkinson own Stobart?

they run decent tackle.
they have an order in for new scanias,
i’ve never heard any of their drivers moan,
the drivers are clean, so they have time to shower,
they have lorries set at 56mph, instead of the daft 50-52mph trend.
sounds better than asda.

Wheel Nut:
Doesn’t Jenkinson own Stobart?)

No. Although Stobart do carry a lot of their product-( wood-chip and peat-)- and they do work in partnership over the purchase of Units etc. They have just put a joint order in for about 700 T/L Scanias. which must be a fair proportion of Sodertallje,s production for this year.

Regards wages, conditions etc. I live next door to a long time driver of theirs.He is based at their Clifton Depot. on the A6 south of Penrith.(It used to be where Curly Cargill was based, for those who know their old time fleets). He seems very happy with his job. I don,t ask about wages, but I know him well enough to know that if anything about the pay and conditions, was not “up to the mark”, he would have left them 10 years ago.

Read all about them at awjenkinson.co.uk They are big in their own right.

Do they own penrith t/stop??

Thetaff:

Yes, they do, and park a few there

Buycrider:

Wheel Nut:
Doesn’t Jenkinson own Stobart?)

No. Although Stobart do carry a lot of their product-( wood-chip and peat-)- and they do work in partnership over the purchase of Units etc. They have just put a joint order in for about 700 T/L Scanias. which must be a fair proportion of Sodertallje,s production for this year.

Regards wages, conditions etc. I live next door to a long time driver of theirs.He is based at their Clifton Depot. on the A6 south of Penrith.(It used to be where Curly Cargill was based, for those who know their old time fleets). He seems very happy with his job. I don,t ask about wages, but I know him well enough to know that if anything about the pay and conditions, was not “up to the mark”, he would have left them 10 years ago.

Read all about them at awjenkinson.co.uk They are big in their own right.

all the chipliners and walking floors that stobart have are run by jenkinson, their drivers talk to the jenkins office they never ring their own traffic office, or so i have been told by a jenkins driver, they have a depot down down this way just between swindon and malmesbury. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Thetaff:

Yes, they do, and park a few there

and still park in laybys. :laughing:
well they wouldn’t want the boss knowing how long they’re parked up.

Have they got a depot @ Tetbury (Glos) ? - just noticed the post about them having a yard between Swindon + Malmesbury . . :blush:

Suedehead:
Have they got a depot @ Tetbury (Glos) ?

They have a 50% interest in Melcourt Industries ,(wood-chip- bark products-peat-etc) of
Long Newton.Tetbury.

I see they are now running Scania Highlines. I think some of the boys might miss their Toplines

They’ve got depots at Tetbury,Lockerbie,Craven Arms,Rhayader, an carry waste paper, bark, woodchip, salt an Bio fuel an anything inbetween,and on the go all the time. They must have knocking on for four hundred wagons, look at the trailer doors which has a number on an that will give you an idea as to how many trucks they,ve got.They also run Stobbies walking floors.

OzScan:
They’ve got depots at Tetbury,Lockerbie,Craven Arms,Rhayader, an carry waste paper, bark, woodchip, salt an Bio fuel an anything inbetween,and on the go all the time. They must have knocking on for four hundred wagons, look at the trailer doors which has a number on an that will give you an idea as to how many trucks they,ve got.They also run Stobbies walking floors.

that funny i worked for a tipping firm & had trailer 22 even though they only had 4 units & 4 trailers.

Ozscan has got it about right. Jenks. have 270 units of their own, and boost the fleet numbers with about 100 subbies. Stobart being one of them.

Great to see there are still some decent job’s left over there,who’d of thought it!