average pay

A read of this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79814

Yeah Surrey does seem to pay quite good wages, I’m on the border of Surrey & Hampshire & about 30 mins from London so plenty of oppertunities, just need to buy a car to get to and from now!

sprouty:
I done some research last night nd found the standard wages round the Surrey area range from £7.50 doing days Class2 upto £10, and then £10-£18 ph class1 early starts for c+e. CAnt wait to pass my [zb] tests!

good luck with getting that kind of pay! Ive found that a lot of agencies advertise their overtime rates in an attempt to draw you in. Expect to get between min. wage and £7.50 (if youre lucky) after passing your tests, and don’t expect to walk straight into a c+e job after leaving the test centre.

charliebear:
good luck with getting that kind of pay! Ive found that a lot of agencies advertise their overtime rates in an attempt to draw you in. Expect to get between min. wage and £7.50 (if youre lucky) after passing your tests, and don’t expect to walk straight into a c+e job after leaving the test centre.

I agree with this sentiment and I’m not even a driver yet.

In that in the other career I had agencies would put up fake job adverts to harvest CVs of which they would sell on to advertisers. You’d see and still see the same old jobs being readvertised 100s of times after a week the applicant count reduced to zero and a similarly worded advert in a different location put up in its place.

South Yorkshire area - agencies paying £6.50 an hour class 2.

Canute (who are the hauliers for Wilkinsons) pay over £10 per hour for sensible shifts CE. But just down the road you’ll get £97 a day for CE. But work it out on a 15hr day and it’s lousy. Not so bad if you’re lucky enough to get a 5 or 6 hour day of course.

I know of many CE drivers earning over £500 per week without having to live at work. I also know some that are on less than that for living at work. Doesn’t seem to have any pattern.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There is a company called JSA who for a nominal fee they do all your taxes for you when I did agency I used them to do it for me

Ie worked at TK MAXX on £16ph, claimed back the 40p a mile for car claimed back time away from home over 10 hours = £15.00 plus lunch @ 7.50 plus use of home was £3 for week they subtracted all this from the days wage then taxed me and subtracted there 10% which saved me a fortune.

so on a normal day if I were to earn £100 for the shift normally take home say £66 quid after stopppages I was getting £85. per day which saved loads of money

Also why not go self employed also have you drivers called the tax man to claim your £80 per year for cleaning your work uniform and you can claim back 6 years.

Also if unemployed and not claiming any government support in that time fill out a P85 to claim back taxes for that time up to limit of prior 6 years.

Hope some of this may help at least one person.

Reference Agencys in Oct 2011 the law changed so that Agencies had to give drivers sick pay and holidays … I missed out on this however I have just got my first truck job in Australia and loving it!!!

Peter Smythe:
Canute (who are the hauliers for Wilkinsons) pay over £10 per hour for sensible shifts CE.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not necessarily as some of the offices run you to the max

Canute also do quite a bit of other stuff as well

Just quoting from the drivers I know who work there. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Just quoting from the drivers I know who work there. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yep just know from my Father in law who has just left them for another firm as he was not enjoying working for them any more but as we know each job office person is different