Atlas express

Dodge

Hi were those pictures taken at a show, I never knew Atlas were in to that sort of thing

What was this trailer used for

$_35.jpg

copy

1925024_10152586565836219_515318481281971012_n.jpg

An older one I found on the net

imagesEO0AZ2TU.jpg

JUY 575N.png

atlas man:
It is nice to see that D seris KAY 20V we had the sister to it at Leeds KAY 21V, they ran the Fords for years but the oldest I saw was on the N plate 1975 I think, they did seem to move a bit from Bedfords on to Dodge for the rigids ,but im not sure if they had there fingers in a dealership

Night Runner:

atlas man:
It is nice to see that D seris KAY 20V we had the sister to it at Leeds KAY 21V, they ran the Fords for years but the oldest I saw was on the N plate 1975 I think, they did seem to move a bit from Bedfords on to Dodge for the rigids ,but im not sure if they had there fingers in a dealership

FUT 822V on the road to ASDA.png

Hi night runner they are great pictures and bring back memories of the old place, they did have a lot of them Fords, was the Lynx the ones with the egro cab, my first motor was a Ford NJN 191P when I was at Leeds depot

atlas man:
Hi night runner they are great pictures and bring back memories of the old place, they did have a lot of them Fords, was the Lynx the ones with the egro cab, my first motor was a Ford NJN 191P when I was at Leeds depot

H night runner, yes I do like the picture, when I started at Leeds in 1989 we had an AEC as a shunt motor which was a very light green, that was an L plate and when that was retired we got another AEC on an M plate which was a lot darker green, I preferred the darker one but yours looks nice

This was one of mine many years a go, that’s me driving

atlas man:

Hi Atlas man, That is a great picture! Do you have any more? For a firm of this size , there are hardly any pictures about on the net. If you have any I would love to see them on here!!! You are right, the darker green did look better! It had only been painted 3 days when this pic was taken and it is has gone darker as the paint has dried and hardened because when it first went on I panicked as it looked wrong. The photo makes it look lighter somehow than it actually is! If I had had the correct paint code I would have gone for the later darker green though.The mud gaurds were black on the Fords and Dodges but they left them green on my Dad`s Lynx so I did.
Here is another picture that hung on the office wall, I got it when the depot closed in December 1984. The photo is well faded though!

Night Runner:

atlas man:

Hi Atlas man, That is a great picture! Do you have any more? For a firm of this size , there are hardly any pictures about on the net. If you have any I would love to see them on here!!! You are right, the darker green did look better! It had only been painted 3 days when this pic was taken and it is has gone darker as the paint has dried and hardened because when it first went on I panicked as it looked wrong. The photo makes it look lighter somehow than it actually is! If I had had the correct paint code I would have gone for the later darker green though.The mud gaurds were black on the Fords and Dodges but they left them green on my Dad`s Lynx so I did.
Here is another picture that hung on the office wall, I got it when the depot closed in December 1984. The photo is well faded though!

This photo shows the true colour better for you Atlas Man.

I have a picture of on of the first Ford cargos that they got and I will try to find it but I do agree for a company that size there does seem to a shortage of pictures

atlas man:
I have a picture of on of the first Ford cargos that they got and I will try to find it but I do agree for a company that size there does seem to a shortage of pictures

In the 50/60s Atlas in Glasgow they used to bring loads of parcels into Lloyd Street Rutherglen to Baxters Road Services Depot, Part of which was rented out to Thos Hedley Ltd (Proctor & Gamble in later years). They were all for Newcastle area, Most of them were delivered to John Formans yard in Back Roseberry Cresent Jesmond, We delivered a lot to Ex Army & Navy Stores with the Old Type Duffle Coats with wooden toggles etc, Happy long gone days Im afraid, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

atlas man:

In the 50/60s Atlas in Glasgow they used to bring loads of parcels into Lloyd Street Rutherglen to Baxters Road Services Depot, Part of which was rented out to Thos Hedley Ltd (Proctor & Gamble in later years). They were all for Newcastle area, Most of them were delivered to John Formans yard in Back Roseberry Cresent Jesmond, We delivered a lot to Ex Army & Navy Stores with the Old Type Duffle Coats with wooden toggles etc, Happy long gone days Im afraid, Regards Larry.

Ive just remembered the Army & Navy Stores Name It was Flynns on Percy Street & Blackett Street Newcastle upon Tyne , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Night Runner:

atlas man:

That body would have been built at Pacefrieght ( Atlas ) Brian Moreton was in charge.He had a model shop open on Sundays at Church or Castle Gresley

Tony

I have heard of pace but never knew who they were but thought they were involved with Atlas in some way because all our printed material came from a company called pace