At your peril!

This subject is not finished yet!
Even though wifey has finished her chemo some months ago,she still feels lethargic and her memory is a bit fuzzy.
Upon questioning the doc,she was told that the chemo is a poison,applied to kill the cancer just short of killing the patient and it can take a couple of years to get your system clear of the chemicals.
That said,there is no information on the long term effects of the chemo.
A couple of recent cases of friends.
A mate of mine had Esophageal cancer,one of the worst to survive.His treatment and surgery were successful and he was well on the road to recovery when he caught pneumonia due to the chemo killing his immune system,and he died,not from the original problem,because of the side effects of the treatment.
We had a devastating phone call last night.
A lady friend of ours was diagnosed a couple of years ago with breast cancer,a different cancer in both breasts.
She had a double mastectomy and massive chemo and radio therapy and 6 months ago was given the all clear and a survival forecast of over 90%.
The poor dear was found dead over the weekend!
There will have to be a post mortem and autopsy,but it’s very unlikely she died of cancer.It’s more likely she died from the effects of the treatment,but we will find out in due course.
So now my wife realises she is walking on a tightrope and although our friends think that because she has finished her chemo she is cured.Not So!You are never said to be cured of cancer.The expression is “in remission”.
She must stay alert every day for any change in her wellbeing as any slight change could be a warning.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))

I hope you both dont dwell on it to much but enjoy the time you both have as you say you are never cured of it have a very good friend who has lung cancer she is in remission at the moment

Good luck to you both

bestbooties:
A lady friend of ours was diagnosed a couple of years ago with breast cancer,a different cancer in both breasts.
She had a double mastectomy and massive chemo and radio therapy and 6 months ago was given the all clear and a survival forecast of over 90%.
The poor dear was found dead over the weekend!
There will have to be a post mortem and autopsy,but it’s very unlikely she died of cancer.It’s more likely she died from the effects of the treatment,but we will find out in due course.
quote]

My wife conducted the funeral of our dear friend yesterday.
It is believed that she died of heart failure,probably caused by the immense amount of chemo she was subject to.

I had mentioned that wifey was back on duty,and here’s the proof.
As one of her jobs,she is the Chaplain to my Regimental Association Branch,and on November 11th she conducted a Remembrance service at our Regimental plot at the National Memorial Arboretum,at Alrewas near Burton on Trent,and during that service,she dedicated a name plaque to a young soldier in my Regiment that lost his life in Afghanistan earlier this year.

there can’t be many families who haven’t been affected by this hideous disease.

best wishes for you a.d your wife, and any others who are going through something similar.

hi ian, its excellent news your wife is back at work ( if it can be discribed as that ) and i wish her all the best in her remission.