Are limiters a thing of the past?

So guys, 90 kph is obviously too slow. What higher setting realistically would you prefer having?

100 kph is a lot more realistic and pleasant to drive at. :smiley:

jonboy:
i think when them blue and white trucks from up north (tomorrows delivery today.or something like that) are ordered they dont even bother fitting limiters on the assembley lines then thry dont have to bother disabeling them.

even pass the parcel boys and thats saying something :wink:

jon

You mean Reid transport (Northern Ireland) :wink:

DAFMAD:

If the trucking community was offered this higher top speed on the condition that a GPS based speed limiting system was fitted to your truck and restricted speeds to the limits on smaller roads, would this be accepted by truckers?

It wouldn’t matter what limit it was set to there’d always be a group of drivers who want to go faster, I work with one at the moment, :imp: .
Unlike cars which have a 10% allowance on C&U Regs, I believe that tachos are set to 2% and allowed to have 6% error in Service. However they can be checked on the road by a little plug in computer, no rolling road needed. Never understood why drivers paid by the hour, wanted to get their work done so quickly. :confused:

Well I drive this so im allowed to do 75 mph where ever I like :laughing: :laughing:
Only kidding its set at 54mph and the thought of a tyre popping at 70 :open_mouth: on the front while loaded stops me letting it run away on the hills

DAFMAD:

paul b:
pulled onto the a42 today as i do most days, in the first layby was an artic with a traffic cop sat behind, assumed he’d got a pull for speeding as the first section after you cross the m1 is down hill and very easy to let it get past 60mph, a mile or two later i was passed by a wagon going a fair bit quicker than me, i was on the limiter at the time and it got me thinking just how many wagons i’ve seen in the last few weeks obviousley not using the limiter, today alone i would say in excess of thirty wagons passed going to fast on flat roads to be legal, strangely most were in company livery, so have drivers decided on mass that if the foreigners can do it so can we?
wasn’t until i thought about it that i realissed just how much this has increassed in the last few months!

:arrow_right: That’s a good Thema for a Talk.
Had nothing to do and studied the UK Law.
:arrow_right: First:In all Books is the Speed for HGV’s still with 60miles per Hour posted
:arrow_right: Secound:The British Law say’s,that HGV’s have to be fitted with a Speedlimiter as noted in EU-Directive so and so.
:arrow_right: But,there is said,that,if the Speedlimiter fails you have to reduce the Speed to the Maximumspeed which is allowed in the Country you are driving,and you have to go as soon as Possible in a Garage to fix it.
:arrow_right: But not direct after the failure.
:arrow_right: As there is a failure of the Speedlimiter if you don’t have a Redarder who keeps your speed in order of the Limiter,you may have to keep the speed at 50mph in Germany,57mph in france,and 60mph in UK.
:arrow_right: As the Speedlimiter works propper after the downhill again must you not go in a Garage.
:arrow_right: Yep,who brings the Bulp to Light?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
:arrow_right: The M5 motorway is subject to the national speed limit for motorways, 70 mph. However, goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight are subject to a maximum speed limit of 60 mph. Legislation requires that speed limiters are set no higher than 85 km/h (53 mph).
:arrow_right: Powered speed should not exceed 90 km/h (56 mph).
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

:bulb: Means:Powered,but downhill isn’t powered,and in that case 60mph :question:

Can you find out some info for coaches as well please, and relevant speed limits in other EU countries?

daveb0789:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daveb0789/detail?.dir=/6d80&.dnm=f4c2.jpg&.src=ph

:confused: :frowning:

DAFMAD:

daveb0789:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daveb0789/detail?.dir=/6d80&.dnm=f4c2.jpg&.src=ph

:confused: :frowning:

Sorry off topic here but can someone tell me how to attach pictures from my hard drive to here? :frowning:

:slight_smile: Go Here, quick register, free, browse, upload, copy and paste Hotlink for forums 1 or 2 preview to see if its working ok submit. :smiley:

DAFMAD:
:slight_smile: Go Here, quick register, free, browse, upload, copy and paste Hotlink for forums 1 or 2 preview to see if its working ok submit. :smiley:

Thats excellent. I did it! Thanks. My posting has been altered. Its a silly post really.

daveb0789:
Can you find out some info for coaches as well please, and relevant speed limits in other EU countries?

As i know is the Speedlimiter on Coaches at 60mph.
driving is always the Max speed in a Country allowed,that is there the max speed
By Coaches mostly 60mph,but go to website of theres Departement of Transport or ask the Automombilclub