Are facilities that bad

IIRC the oakamoor is now open . When i,m running late on a night trunk and come past there in the morning i,m sure i have seen people eating in there.
When i,m running very early , like only done about 5 hour’s work early because i,ve used my my brain to complete the run .I use the oakamoor to get a couple of hour’s sleep and not be a million mile’s from the depot .

the next one up used to be the one next to atkins

Called Truckers,if I remember correctly.They also had a site at Godmanchester on the A14 as well.

Spent many a good night in those,and had the hangovers too prove it as well. :sunglasses:

Ken.

pepper spray is illegal and is classed like a firearm by the police/courts
A few years ago i was sent on a course for people working alone . ( i was working for a large local council )
One of the scenes that we discussed were along these lines of retuning to a vehicle in a dark and lonely place . the advice we were given was
1 have a small dry powder fire extingisher fitted on drivers side
2 hairspray / perfume / deourdrent are not illegal and can be carried without fear of the law and sting and hurt the eyes
having had powder xtingisher go off in the back of a ■■■■■■ i know what id use

another thing is get one of them 6 jillion candlepoawer torches and blind the ■■■■■■, then a good whack steel flask will maybe finish the job! :wink:

bunkslug:
pepper spray is illegal and is classed like a firearm by the police/courts

another example which just goes to prove how willfully ■■■■■■■ stupid the law is, a pepper spray and a firearm the same? theyre beyond belief.

scanny77:
if it comes to it, you can always tie the doors together so no one will get them open from outside. what more do you need?

I often do just that if I’m parked up somewhere where I feel uneasy about the area or if it’s a known risk area.
All I use is a small span set between the door’s to stop anyone opening them.

Obviously you need to be wide awake when getting up,or you end up arse over ■■■ with your face against the windscreen :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I also hide away my wallet,passport,fuel cards,phone etc.

And of course my Sambucca :wink: :wink: :wink:

Plenty of truckstops in Germany sell pepper spray.

If it needs stars to get past the autocensor KW, it isn’t allowed. But I translated them and they are allowed. Simon :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

jammymutt:
Can you folks parking up for the night in laybys give a bit of consdieration to night trunkers who need a pee, just leave us a little bit of space to pee in :wink:;););)…

A little space :laughing: :laughing:
I would need a BIG space

In answere to the original question

YES THEY ARE

I stopped at Membury Eastbound the other night after doing a 16 hour & the showers were out of action.

I managed to corner the site superviser in the morning and asked how long before they are fixed.

He said that had just spent a lot of money doing up the Westbound shower room (and they did a good job of it as well) and already it has been damaged by drivers so he cant give a date for when the shower will be ready as they havn’t even got a date to start the works :unamused: :unamused:

The minority ruining it for the majority :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

When I tried to pay for the parking in the restaurant upstairs the two men behind the counter couldn’t speak English,whats worse was they couldn’t even speak each others language :open_mouth:
This is how the conversation went

red is first assistant
blue is second assistant
green is me

Overnight parking please

Coffee?

No parking

Coffee?

PARKING

cappachino?

PARK ING

er do you want food?

NO I WANT TO PAY FOR PARKING!!!

Then an English assisstant who was going home came over and sorted it out.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

On the other side of the coin it’s not as if they dont make enough profit out of us.Why dont they do the work required but make anybody who wants to use 'em leave somthing as a deposit,with a member of staff inspecting the condition before and after use.

I have used the shower on Corely Eastbound a few times in the last couple of weeks and the shower hasn’t even been cleaned in that time (although the bin has been emptied) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: