Applying for Citizenship in Canada

+1 Pat
As a owner/employed driver who was on the road for the best part of 50 yrs, and having emigrated on 2 seperate occaisions to Wisconsin (mind you that was when I was a lot younger) I know where the working man is better off, and I still think it is the UK

It’s nice to see someone sticking up for the old country,makes me smile when you get a lot of people go to other countries and the talk of their homeland with affection, and even sing songs about it.

What do the English do, slag off the country they were born in !!!

You say about health care, I am 69ysr old and have prostate cancer which is terminal, I have just come out of a stay in hospital after a blood clot in the artery leading to my lung.

What did I think of my stay in hospital, totally impressed with the quality of care those overworked nurses give, and I say one thing THANK GOD FOR MY NATION HEALTH SERVICE

I live in a nice detatched house, I have a heated swimming pool in my back garden, and I know that if I had been living in the States when I became ill, I would not have that any more, they would have gone in health care costs.

It was a long time since I had my time in the U.S but I have a Brother in law,Sister in law and their children that I am in contact with, and the feedback from them is not very good.

The U.S is good if you have a good job and you can keep it, but God help you if you get sick and have no Health insurance.

Sorry to go on a bit, but I was just pleased to see someone stick up for old Blighty for a change
Tony

Sorry to hear of your illness Tony. Thanks for the comments. As you say, if you didn’t live in the UK you would loose everything, I can’t afford to be sick here which is a sorry state of affairs, on my last DOT physical my doctor sugested I take a routine colon check, I told him that I wouldn’t want to know if I had something so bad living here, it would mean stopping work, loosing my home and everything I owned because no work means no health insurance premiums, so no health care. It’s a damm disgrace and every so often the Republicans come up with some propoganda comercial sfull of lies about how bad the British NHS is, just because they own most of the shares in the insurance companies and don’t want social health care which would make them loose money.
A very good friend of mine who lived about 30 miles from here, was a millionaire, he retired at 50, sold up his huge house and bought a million dollar motorhome, 50 ft long, 4 pull outs, 6 axles, bigger than a Mega bus coach and drove around the entire USA, he then bought a huge villa in Arizona, sold the RV and settled, untill he got heart problems, his surgeries of which there were several and after care made him bankrupt, he now lives in a small apartment near here. … everything gone because of greed of the rich.
If I ever get seriously ill I will have no option but to move back to my beloved England, where people do actually care.

I will actually add to that … Despite all the hatred against him I honestly think Obama is the best president this country has ever had, I see him as the first honest one for a start, and he actually cares about the people, If only Bush and his liar buddies were the same.