anyone remember these tamworth firms

Found this picture a few weeks ago NMP.

Gibbons from Lichfield Street Fazeley but not sure where this picture is taken?

MPP Mills from Alrewas ran two ERF’s and one Volvo eight wheeler out of Alrewas Mill, Wm Rowe & Sons did all the maintenance work in the 80’s This picture was take at Elford as the vehicle was ready to go back to Alrewas after a service.

Found this picture on the net a while back

IMG_4834.jpeg
Renault Manager of Drillfield Engineering from Atherstone in for repair at Elford in the late 90’s

from my home town
dave williams
re aucott
cts tippers
harrisons tippers
wm rowe
clarkes
martin christian transport aka blue hawk
chippys transport
chetwynd transport
smurfit transport
corobox
theres some ive bound to have forgotten :unamused:

Can remember CTS they had some powerliner2 Merc’s 1729’s I think. Used to see them whilst out with Dad probably in Daw Mill pit and Lea Hall. They were always chasing each other around in 1990 ish

I remember Rowe’s at Elford Carl, we used to run past their yard when delivering to the Tamworth area or avoiding the long queues at Weeford and Bassets Pole on our way down country, just as quick to nip down the 513 and past Drayton Manor :sunglasses: . Used to be a few local Tamworth tipper lads in our quarries at Mancetter and Hints, dont expect that there are many left now that the “Mighty yellow and whites” are in there!
What was the name of the firm on the old A5 between Fazeley and Mile Oak, I think that they ran ERF’s, are they still operating?

Pete.

Carl were Harrisons the father and son team with Scanias, did a fair bit of coal ? if they are who I think they are they were a couple of great guys.

windrush that was re aucott erf lv a b c and the first of the e series were the last they ran claret and blue with REA on the door
altitude thats them mate when my neighbour worked for them in the 80,s sammy the dad ran 2 s80 8x4 tippers and his lad had a new 142 scanny

Are they still going Carl ? Sammy must be getting on now, he was a true gent always happy nothing got him down, if it did he didn’t show it, didn’t know the lad that well but he was ok always up for a laugh. Remember CTS as well there were some good lads on there as well, got the faces in my head but the names wont come, It’s a few years ago now and the old memorys not what is was mate.

I can remember a firm around by Drayton Manor who ran some motors and also sold second hand spares but not the usual breakers yard, very tidy and dismantled them almost to order. Can’t recall the name though. :confused:

altitude i dont think sammy,s still alive but his son is running a pair of scanias on tipper work with his son from the same yard
bigG i think thats them with the flames on em a father and daughter the father had a merc and the daughter had a scanny with evil edna airbrushed on the airkit i cant remember there name tho mate

My dad had a truck and did some work for chetwynd transport just before they went bust. :angry: luckily we didnt lose anything. :slight_smile:

chetwynd parked in chippys transport yard on the glascote road for a while.your dad was lucky there then mate thankfully
another one i remember was an ownerdriver and a mates uncle mal donnisson he had a 141 that was blue and had the same colour strips iveco had red yellow and orange i think it was he did alot of work out smurfit papermill.

He had a foden in the same blue with red, orange and yellow strips and the he had a ford cargo 6x2 in the same livery with the old man out of the muppets painted on the air kit his nickname was teaurn.

i can remember corrobox they came in to mcvites at ashby when i was shunting there,all the drivers were a good set of lads.they ran at the time a mix of trucks that included daf2300s,ford cargos,all pulling 35ft single axle trs that were a pig to reverse.that i found out to my cost more than once :frowning:

Thinking about it now Carl I dont expect it was Sammy I new, It would have been his son and grandson, they then had blue Scanies 142s something like that. The last time I saw them the Father had just got one of the newer models.

What about Peter Harding Tansport from Grendon, and Pete Obello (spelling)

pete harding thats one i forgot he used to park at mile oak before the merc garage was there an f88 and normally an edmund depaire tilt.i dont remember pete obello tho what motors did he have