Anyone remember these fenland oldies

Sorry about the small size of the photo, but heres one of Pings.

Hi gb1, many thanks for the pic, brings back some memories. I can recall many of the old wagons and firms trundling through my village when i was a lad, and its so easy now thinking i had snapped them at the time but kick myself now for not doing so. We even had a transport cafe in the village and the park would be full of old wagons of all shape and sizes, but will now make do with other people’s pics. Thanks again for yours.

gb1:
Sorry about the small size of the photo, but heres one of Pings.

Hi gattar2. What village did you live in?

I lived in Mepal which is about 5 to 6 miles from Ely in cambridgeshire.

gb1:

Just remembered another firm, Harradines from Earith, they had creamy and light blue motors of several makes. Scania, Volvo, 7.5 Bedfords one of which i drove and an old Leyland Clydsdale which would have been mine if i hadn’t failed my test.The little old flat bed that i drove mainly pulled out of Minnaards also of Earith.

gattar2:
I lived in Mepal which is about 5 to 6 miles from Ely in cambridgeshire.

gb1:

Mepal - I used to go there from RAF Feltwell when 113 Sqdn Thor Missiles were based there :slight_smile: .

you may enjoy these! i did a delivery to a farm around 5 yrs ago, whilst getting tipped i noticed an old motor in one of the sheds, and took me camera. i cant for the life of me remember exactly where it was, but it was definatly around your way. I did a seperate post about these around a couple of yrs ago, there may be more info on where i was at the time (i probably wrote the name of the village i was at, i got no recolection of it now!)

Thanks for the pics Kindle, Betts and Fox of Manea are still going strong. Cannot for the life of me think who the blue scania belongs to, but will have a look through my old pictures and try to find out

kindle530:
you may enjoy these! i did a delivery to a farm around 5 yrs ago, whilst getting tipped i noticed an old motor in one of the sheds, and took me camera. i cant for the life of me remember exactly where it was, but it was definatly around your way. I did a seperate post about these around a couple of yrs ago, there may be more info on where i was at the time (i probably wrote the name of the village i was at, i got no recolection of it now!)

also anyone remember H Kingham transport , Doddington…think there finished along with many others.

Richardf1fan:
also anyone remember H Kingham transport , Doddington…think there finished along with many others.

Riverside Garage Ltd,Market Deeping,used to deliver Lister equipment from Stamford?

Joe Edwards was the MD,Aubrey Muxlow the mechanic!

Regards,

David :laughing:

In the 60’s I used to deliver to Rowe Manchett & Till (?) their lorries had Commanche and an Indian’s head on
the headboard I think they had depots in March and Manea. I seem to remember them having a stall in the Old
Covent Garden possibly in the tin sheds but that is back in the mist of times, too many cab hotels and diesel fumes
dim the memories. regards Big Al