Anyone else missing the traffic?

Winseer:
Morning traffic inside the M25 seems the usual - but leave the trunk roads, and the quietness of the roads - becomes evident.

The flow of that “rush hour” traffic - seems to be more coastbound in the mornings, and more london-bound in the evenings, as well… That’s a bit odd…?
Is it possibly the movements of “Mobile Workers” now?

Has our time come at long last?

You really do have a complex, dont you?

You steer a truck. That’s all.

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:
Morning traffic inside the M25 seems the usual - but leave the trunk roads, and the quietness of the roads - becomes evident.

The flow of that “rush hour” traffic - seems to be more coastbound in the mornings, and more london-bound in the evenings, as well… That’s a bit odd…?

Don’t tell me - You’re not capable of anything else in life, and are quite satisfied with your lot?

Are you sure it is me who’s got the “complex” here?

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:

Don’t tell me - You’re not capable of anything else in life, and are quite satisfied with your lot?

I have a varied employment history, some jobs I liked, most jobs I hated. Theres loads I can do, but truck driving pushes every button for me. If for some reason driving becomes not possible anymore, I’ll take to the water again.

Solitude, my own space, left to get on with my job, variety of work, always moving around, and sitting on my arse all day, starting out of a window…

Yeah, I’m a driver because I cant do anything else.
You’re sad.

Not missing the traffic much yet but as weather warms up im going to miss the flashes of thigh and side ■■■■, especially from the ladies…

So just about to finish a run. Spalding to Bromley to Eastbourne to brighton. Brighton to Twickenham to Finchley to bishops Stortford to Spalding. About 430 miles. 12 hours duty 9.5 hours driving. That’s how quiet it is.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Today I did Bristol to Holyhead and back again, 505 miles in 9 hours 36min. Easy work :wink:

Yorkielad:

ArcticMonkey:
Missing it a lot. My firm has shut down, probably for good and i’m trying allday everyday to find work in West Yorkshire but even agencies are dead. Hope this doesn’t go on much longer as i and many others have bills and mortgages to pay.

Sorry to hear that,have you tried Newcold,they were after drivers a couple of week ago and I’m seeing them about on road a lot.

Yeah been in touch with them, they’re fully staffed at moment

peirre:
It depends on which bit of West Yorkshire your in, but I would have thought that the agencies would be crying out for people to work at Adsa Wakey and Sainsbury’s Sherburn. Unfortunately despite my agency suggesting the above it’s to far for me to commute on a daily basis to make a good wage. Which is why I am furloughed.
If you fancy the 3663 kinda work there’s T-Quality atop Crow Nest lane (J1 M621) in Leeds, and Bidfood at wakey Europort

Nope agencies are dead, rung round lots of them

I’m definitely not missing the traffic. In my last 4 shifts I had exactly zero near misses with car driving muppets. This is a DREAM.

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:

I have a varied employment history, some jobs I liked, most jobs I hated. Theres loads I can do, but truck driving pushes every button for me. If for some reason driving becomes not possible anymore, I’ll take to the water again.

Solitude, my own space, left to get on with my job, variety of work, always moving around, and sitting on my arse all day, starting out of a window…

Yeah, I’m a driver because I cant do anything else.
You’re sad.

I still don’t understand what you’re getting at here…?

You’re satisfied with your lot, and I would be if I got left alone, rather than moved on… I didn’t anticipate being laid off 3 years into my last full time contract… It would be nice to get my feet under the table somewhere, and left to my own devices, rather than “be on quicksand at every turn” in terms of the stablity I crave in my life right now…
I’m even considering taking a HUGE pay cut - in order to get a job where the bosses “don’t tap the glass” all the time!!

(Concept: If a firm resents how much money over the full timers they are paying out to agency - they will want to be rid of upstart agency at the earliest opportunity. If a firm’s agency drivers get paid a whole lot LESS than full timers - they can just string said agency driver along forever, and then leave them alone, encouraging them to work 60-84 hours per week without being pestered all the time to “change that pattern”…)

Last Thursday. Lincs to Muswell Hill to Seven oaks to Catford to Twickenham to Kew. Kew to Stansted. Virtually right round the north and south circular. 9 hours driving. Would never have even attempted that normally.

Amesbury in 3 hours 45.
Normally need a break on the way down.

Not missing the traffic at all, having only passed class 1 just over a month ago it’s ideal for me and as for radio I use one of these digital radios or listen to podcasts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Coming across the A69 last night I passed 2 cars the whole stretch and not a single motor parked. In fact heading south on the A1 it was around 20miles before I passed anyone.

Also podcasts are a great way to distract you fro the boredom. I find the old Ricky gervais with Carl pilkington cracks a few smiles. Anything to keep the mind ticking and distract from what’s going on especially

BBC 13 minutes to the moon about the lunar landing and the series 2 about Apollo 13 absolutely riveting for me.

I don’t even like football but the Peter Crouch podcast is funny.

BBC Dr Karl on science show with This Sharpe very good.

Manhunt Finding Kevin Parle interesting

Few hours of entertainment there

P Stoff:
BBC 13 minutes to the moon about the lunar landing and the series 2 about Apollo 13 absolutely riveting for me.

I agree on the Peter crouch one .
Have found am.lisiting to radio 4 more. As there about the only station that doesn’t go on about this virus every 10 mins.

edd1974:

P Stoff:

I agree on the Peter crouch one .
Have found am.lisiting to radio 4 more. As there about the only station that doesn’t go on about this virus every 10 mins.

I think like everyone we are all on overload a bit. I tend to just play podcasts and catch up on the news at various points

Came up the M5 from Bridgwater last night (midnight) there was hardly a sole on the road, a couple of caravans making a dash under darkness for the south west. It’s just seems very odd without hardly any traffic.

There’s definitely less traffic. That’s obvious, and welcome (for me at least).

What I’m wondering is, why is there still so MUCH traffic? We’re supposed to be in lockdown, essential journeys only, meaning trips to buy food or get medicine or provide food and medicine to those unable to do it for themselves.

So why are trunk roads and motorways still hosting so many private cars?

My usual 45-50 minute commute to work is down to just under 35 minutes. :wink: