Anyone else getting tired of “How are you?”

switchlogic:
if I move aside to let someone past or hold a door etc and they don’t say thank you I say ‘you’re very welcome’ loudly.

Exactly what I do.
If on a back road, I often pull in to let them (usually a rigid tipper for some reason,) past.
Quite often they will pass me slowly without acknowledging I have give way, they usually have their window down, so I shout the same.
Just downright ■■■■ ignorance, no excuse for it, manners and courtesy cost nothing.

Ey up round ere is the way :laughing:

Around our way “What about ye ye hure ye” does the job although it may get you a few funny looks from people who aren’t local but you will always get a response.

Out here in Holland, I’ve had to get used to saying ‘Good morning/Good afternoon’ as you pass strangers on the street in our town. The Dutch consider it just good manners to acknowledge each other, which is quite nice in our ‘avoid all eye contact’ society of today.

If some one asks you, How are you?, the reply is, good,you? And and move on.
Up our way it’s, alright?, and the reply is same and move on.

robroy:

switchlogic:
if I move aside to let someone past or hold a door etc and they don’t say thank you I say ‘you’re very welcome’ loudly.

Exactly what I do.
If on a back road, I often pull in to let them (usually a rigid tipper for some reason,) past.
Quite often they will pass me slowly without acknowledging I have give way, they usually have their window down, so I shout the same.
Just downright [zb] ignorance, no excuse for it, manners and courtesy cost nothing.

If on a back road I force them into a ditch. Sometimes backfires

As we are now getting all friendly is it ok to say. All right at the front, all right at the back yet ? Just asking for a friend. Haha

I always ask “how are you” twice. It’s nice to be nice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

“Alright?” around here.
The reply is “no bad, yersel?”, alternatively it could be"[ZB] deein pal, yersel?" :laughing:

Howzitgawn aye no bad the reply in most of Scotland cheers Ray Simon i see your a Fife man did you work for Wisharts about 20 years back?cheers Ray

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Exactly what I do.
Just downright [zb] ignorance, no excuse for it, manners and courtesy cost nothing.

If on a back road I force them into a ditch. Sometimes backfires

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

stargazer148:
Howzitgawn aye no bad the reply in most of Scotland cheers Ray Simon i see your a Fife man did you work for Wisharts about 20 years back?cheers Ray

I did, for a couple of years or so. I was made redundant when they shut down the ‘distance work’.
Shortly after that the 2 brothers retired, sold the yard in Kirkcaldy and set up Andrew Wishart the younger in Rosyth with the Palletline contract, along with Kevin who had been running the Palletline side for quite some time. A little while later I heard young Andrew had started doing European Freight Forwarding as Wishart International. Then I saw ‘seevn day Bob’ driving a new rig in Wishart International colours. Then there were several Wishart International trucks which I spotted on the roads around Europe. Then the whole shooting match disappeared.

Hi Simon thanks for the reply i used to work for a builder’s merchant in Edinburgh and I think I have spoken to you a couple of times when you delivered there. cheers Ray :smiley: