Any vacancies?

Wouldnt be suprised if the media says that there will be a shortage of gritter drivers this winter . . . . . ooh hang on

Franglais:
So we find the real cause if the driver shortage at last:
With COVID restrictions being lifted, those pilots who were moon lighting in trucks are now going back to their old jobs.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/1 … re-change/
And who knows? Now because of the tales of easy money in RDCs, disgruntled truck drivers could soon be retraining and joining them. Only takes a couple of years and under £100,000 so dead easy.
Periodic trading required so just like truck driving really.
Free uniform, and company provides food.

But do they have a cycle to work scheme?

toonsy:

Franglais:
So we find the real cause if the driver shortage at last:
With COVID restrictions being lifted, those pilots who were moon lighting in trucks are now going back to their old jobs.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/1 … re-change/
And who knows? Now because of the tales of easy money in RDCs, disgruntled truck drivers could soon be retraining and joining them. Only takes a couple of years and under £100,000 so dead easy.
Periodic trading required so just like truck driving really.
Free uniform, and company provides food.

But do they have a cycle to work scheme?

And free on site parking?

Winseer:

Swordsy:
I dont think he was asking for a job, he was asking if the shortage is real. My place has been losing drivers, leaving on a Friday, and returning on Monday with agency doing the same job, same truck but 8 quid an hour more!!

Surely a lot of firms - don’t let you return there to work agency - for the very reason to avoid and discourage drivers from doing exactly that - leaving a £12ph job to come back on £18 covering yourself…

…I wonder how long it will be until someone really takes the ■■■■ and goes SICK only to cover themselves on agency? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably so short of drivers they dont have any choice - its not like its a big secret agency drivers get paid more

JeffA:

Winseer:

Swordsy:
I dont think he was asking for a job, he was asking if the shortage is real. My place has been losing drivers, leaving on a Friday, and returning on Monday with agency doing the same job, same truck but 8 quid an hour more!!

Surely a lot of firms - don’t let you return there to work agency - for the very reason to avoid and discourage drivers from doing exactly that - leaving a £12ph job to come back on £18 covering yourself…

…I wonder how long it will be until someone really takes the ■■■■ and goes SICK only to cover themselves on agency? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably so short of drivers they dont have any choice - its not like its a big secret agency drivers get paid more

Any extra hourly rate is mere compensation for the uncertainty, that is the nature of the job. The quoted rates invariably include holiday pay. These are the reasons there isn’t a stampede to the agencies doors, given the knowledge of superior rates.