Any Suggestions on Car Transporting Welcomed

Good luck doing it for what these want to pay nowadays
We were earning lots more than that 25 years ago
Fill your boots boys you’ll soon find out what a stressful job it is

Brilliant job, if you can do it.

Pick and choose your own start and finish times (within reason), park where you want, and usually £840 in the bank each week for Monday to Friday (earliest finish 06.30 latest 18.00 on a Friday)

If you’re with a good firm you’ll also get 3-4 weeks paid compulsory rest each year on top of your holidays.

Learn at BCA as the training is good, plus they’ll take anyone. One you’ve stopped damaging their cars move on to a better job.

This has been great lads, thank you.

Re: last sentence above. That’s been the plan yes.

And I can tell you as it’s current:

BCA is 115/day (4 days on 4 days off I think - don’t quote me, but sounded like that)

Then 1.40 per car bonus scheme - when asked, the response was “likely to do 50 or 60 cars a week”

So, dunno what that sounds like to experienced lads like yourselves - sounded a bit low to me.

Walon 2 is hard going unless you are lucky enough to be friends with an allocator and get two loads a day off.

Won’t really affect you much for a few months though. My advice would be to force yourself not to quit the job for six months.

Spring is the best time to start the job, also work seems to have picked up recently, so less drops.

On another note I’ve also noticed over the last year or so that I’ve been doing substantially more 9 car loads than any other (excluding commercial work) as consumers must be buying more SUV’s

Summat wrong with that BCA wage quoted.

No higher rate for MPV/4x4/small vans, no extra high rate for large vans? if you have 3 x LWB high top vans thats all you’ll get on board, if you have a load of 4x4’s or vans then 7 or 8 might be as many as can fit on or vehicle weight might mean no more.

No mention of Beanos, or drop money paid for every drop after 1, no tranship pay?
Beano = bonus night out, paid extra for getting back to base but driving over so many hours.
Tranship = if you have a multi drop but mixed load you might have to load a certain way to fit them all on which means taking some off and putting them back on afterwards at one or more delivery points.

If what they’ve told you is correct and that’s it i can see why they’re struggling to recruit and keep staff.

For comparison purposes, at one time we’d regularly shift anything from 20 to 44 cars in a day.

Juddian:
Summat wrong with that BCA wage quoted.

No higher rate for MPV/4x4/small vans, no extra high rate for large vans? if you have 3 x LWB high top vans thats all you’ll get on board, if you have a load of 4x4’s or vans then 7 or 8 might be as many as can fit on or vehicle weight might mean no more.

No mention of Beanos, or drop money paid for every drop after 1, no tranship pay?
Beano = bonus night out, paid extra for getting back to base but driving over so many hours.
Tranship = if you have a multi drop but mixed load you might have to load a certain way to fit them all on which means taking some off and putting them back on afterwards at one or more delivery points.

If what they’ve told you is correct and that’s it i can see why they’re struggling to recruit and keep staff.

For comparison purposes, at one time we’d regularly shift anything from 20 to 44 cars in a day.

44 cars in a day what are you doing dock ferrying coz you ain’t taking them up the road to dealers !!!

I suspect that wage is the guaranteed minimum.

No doubt still the 9.5mins a car and 7mins a tranship

Judehamish:
I suspect that wage is the guaranteed minimum.

No doubt still the 9.5mins a car and 7mins a tranship

If i recall, but its been some 13/14 years now since (and my memory isn’t getting any better :cry: ), it was £1.50 per extra drop and i think the same per every car transhipped so if you had to take 6 off it was an extra £9.
Multi drops didn’t really make you any money unless they were either close together or a long way off so you reached further distance bandings.

Maybe the pay has changed.

Your suggestion of training there i agree with, your lot don’t need to train anyone they can cherry pick already trained and experienced drivers :sunglasses:

With electric cars weighing a lot more than ICE vehicles how will the weight of electric cars effect a car transporters weight limit & how many cars they’ll be allowed to carry in the near future?
I was reading about the USA car haulers over there & they’ve been lobbying government to raise truck weight limits & road weight limits to cope with the extra weight of EV’s. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/as- … -heats-up/