Any repercussions for attending drivers assessment?

robroy:

msgyorkie:
You “loose” your card on your day off and apply for a new one.

You would REALLY do that?? :open_mouth:

No but its an answer if you are genuinly scared of your employer and any vengence they might do. Its no difference than ripping up a paper chart that we have all done at some point in the murkey past.

peirre:

msgyorkie:

What a stupid answer :unamused:

Why?

msgyorkie:

peirre:

msgyorkie:

Why?

Because you’re putting yourself at risk of going to prison for fraud, for the sake of what’s been pointed out as only positive benefits of your current employer finding out you’re not happy.

stu675:

msgyorkie:

peirre:

msgyorkie:

Why?

Because you’re putting yourself at risk of going to prison for fraud, for the sake of what’s been pointed out as only positive benefits of your current employer finding out you’re not happy.

‘‘losing’’ your driver card is not fraud, you have ‘‘lost’’ it, you haven’t deliberately made wrong manual entries on the card (notice the use of the word ‘‘deliberately’’ which could be construed as fraud) you simply cannot find it any more, that’s not fraud…or maybe it is not lost but damaged.

use a name:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

You surprise me robroy, always had you down as someone who had a resistance to the regime.

A phone call along with £19 hey presto new card.
Along with a letter basically saying look after it better and don’t make a habit of losing it or else.
If you say your digital card has been stolen they will want a crime ref.
That’s easy just ring the police and ask for one.

Somebody picked my pocket officer, last Sunday it was ask the missus.

I’ll admit to doing the above for my own nefarious reasons, it was cheaper than any fines I may have incurred had the ministry decided to investigate.

Don’t get your ■■■■■■■ in a twist about it.
You got to get by, by hook or by crook.

Well on the whole I suppose I am to a point, but I fail to see how going through the unnecessary palaver of saying you lost a card, having to fill in forms to PAY for a new one,.and then ring the Old Bill. when you have not actually lost it is…’ a resistance to the regime’… more a complete and pointless ■■■■ waste of effort.
A much better and easier option is just saying,.'‘Yeh that’s right, I went for an assessment,.I aint happy, so I’m looking for something else’ .
As for my ■■■■■■■ they’re perfectly straight thanks. :unamused:

msgyorkie:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

No but its an answer if you are genuinly scared of your employer and any vengence they might do. Its no difference than ripping up a paper chart that we have all done at some point in the murkey past.

If he’s genuinely scared of his boss he’s maybe in the wrong business, and vengeance? :open_mouth:
wtf is he going to do to him exactly that he can’t handle? :unamused:

And it’s a lot different to ripping up a tacho disc, they are 10 a penny a personal digi card ain’t, :bulb: …not to mention all the hassle and pointless cost I just , mentioned also makes it a lot different.

What is the point in a driving assment anyway?
I’ve only ever done 1.
Was about 20 Min drive up road and back.
Was told can’t fail anyway. And company was working for at time had some rubbish drivers.
I don’t get it.
If you have a licence you can drive end of.
All pointless a driving assment.
Ok be given a tour of warehouse shown how it operates paperwork etc…but not driving

edd1974:
What is the point in a driving assment anyway?
I’ve only ever done 1.
Was about 20 Min drive up road and back.
Was told can’t fail anyway. And company was working for at time had some rubbish drivers.
I don’t get it.
If you have a licence you can drive end of.
All pointless a driving assment.
Ok be given a tour of warehouse shown how it operates paperwork etc…but not driving

Er no.

I agree with you the validity of the usual assessment is questionable, i’ve known brilliant long term skilled drivers who’ve forgotten more than the assessor will ever know to fail box ticking assessments and be rejected**, but i’ve known others who can tick all the boxes and get started despite being a menace in reality have left an entirely predictable trail of destruction in their wake amounting to high 6 figure sums.

However the ownership of an HGV licence means the square root of bugger all when it comes to skills care competence and nous, yes it entitles the holder to get behind the wheel of a vehicle shown on their licence, but whether that person should be allowed anywhere near such a vehicle is another discussion entirely.

**in one case i personally know of the driver rejected was trustable for over 30 years to drive full sized car transporters without damage or accident or needing micro managing, yet a winc :unamused: contract transport depot rejected him for failing to tick the right box re service date sticker on the trailer, good, they didn’t deserve a driver of his standard anyway, let them enjoy the fruits of box ticking wreckers, the chap in question was soon head hunted by another prime transporter operator once word got about he was available, sadly he passed on relatively peacefully a few years ago.
The assessor who deemed him unworthy i had worked with previously at two different places, a walking accident the bloke was, best for everyone else’s sake he was off the road and assessing steering wheel operatives.

Echoing what…

Juddian has just said. I went out with a driver trainer for an afternoon because I needed to be shown how to do my job. The man was a complete disaster, no ability with the gear box, no road craft, no reversing skills and an obnoxious commie pinko to boot.

He’d also dropped a couple on their knees when using the Terberg.

shullbit:

stu675:

msgyorkie:

peirre:

msgyorkie:

Why?

‘‘losing’’ your driver card is not fraud, you have ‘‘lost’’ it, you haven’t deliberately made wrong manual entries on the card (notice the use of the word ‘‘deliberately’’ which could be construed as fraud) you simply cannot find it any more, that’s not fraud…or maybe it is not lost but damaged.

the risk maybe small. But the reward is maybe negative

robroy:
Well on the whole I suppose I am to a point, but I fail to see how going through the unnecessary palaver of saying you lost a card, having to fill in forms to PAY for a new one,.and then ring the Old Bill. when you have not actually lost it is…’ a resistance to the regime’… more a complete and pointless [zb] waste of effort.
A much better and easier option is just saying,.'‘Yeh that’s right, I went for an assessment,.I aint happy, so I’m looking for something else’ .

That would pretty much be my attitude too. What I do with my tachograph card in my time is my business and nobody else’s.

I will say from experience though that most firms won’t even notice if you’ve been driving a “strange” vehicle. They only tend to look at the tachograph analysis in any detail if an infringement is flagged up.

yourhavingalarf:
Echoing what…

Juddian has just said. I went out with a driver trainer for an afternoon because I needed to be shown how to do my job. The man was a complete disaster, no ability with the gear box, no road craft, no reversing skills and an obnoxious commie pinko to boot.

He’d also dropped a couple on their knees when using the Terberg.

As the old saying has it, those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.