Any experience of airport catering companies?

peirre:
, those massive Russian antinov cargo planes also regularly come and go

Spent a few nights loading them. yawns

Next time you go give me your reg number and I’ll make sure my friends son who works security there singles you out for and extra special security search [emoji23]

Donny airport is good for freight, no landing/takeoff restrictions.

A lot of our stuff gets sent into there when east midlands gets closed.

albion:

peirre:
, those massive Russian antinov cargo planes also regularly come and go

Spent a few nights loading them. yawns

Moonlighting as agency labour?
You really should get a better boss.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Uninteresting fact is donny has got one of the longest runways in the uk because it was a Vulcan base in its RAF days. They even had Concorde land there a few times. It’s my favourite airport obviously because I can walk to it so no parking charges but it’s very expensive compared to east mids, so much so the extra fuel and parking charges still make other airports a lot cheaper for holidays which is a shame as it’s a really nice terminal. Having said that I’m flying from there in a few weeks for a well deserved week in Ibiza [emoji3]

biggriffin:
You won’t be going airside, without relavent security checks, all the driver’s I’ve seen at Heathrow and Gatwick, have been non British, so how the hell they get enhanced security checks i don’t know.

Maybe they live in this country long enough?

franglais, I say loading, but it was just waving my arms about a lot!

nomiS36:
Uninteresting fact is donny has got one of the longest runways in the uk because it was a Vulcan base in its RAF days. They even had Concorde land there a few times. It’s my favourite airport obviously because I can walk to it so no parking charges but it’s very expensive compared to east mids, so much so the extra fuel and parking charges still make other airports a lot cheaper for holidays which is a shame as it’s a really nice terminal. Having said that I’m flying from there in a few weeks for a well deserved week in Ibiza [emoji3]

Vulcan is in a hangar next door to the airport, we were stuck there for a day when an Antonov went tech/ captain was too drunk to fly, and got to go over and have a look at the Vulcan. I’m not an airplane person, but I still felt awe at the engineering and the presence of it. Woman there gave a great talk on it.

I went to a rotary charity dinner a few years ago in the hanger where the Vulcan is kept. They had a great speaker who was an ex Vulcan and Concorde pilot. Our table was right under the nose of 544. An awesome piece of engineering.

Strange that Doncaster is one of the few larger airports in England that I haven’t been to .
Done most of the others all over the Uk with aircraft parts or spares , and many in Europe.
Moved a load of the food and drink wheeled containers from Luton to Newcastle when an aircraft went unservicable and they wanted all the booze back .
The security does vary hugely from airport to airport .
Heathrow is a pain to get passes if you don’t know the procedure but I have been going airside for 40 years so it’s just a matter of patience.
We even had £80million liability insurance, just incase we bumped an aircraft . I did witness a 7.5t lose an argument with a Jumbo at Heathrow back in 81 , that caused many headaches !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Vulcan fact; there is ten years of time separating the production of the last Lancaster and the first Vulcan. Ten years! They look like ten galaxies apart when you see them together.

Yes, an amazing period for aircraft development.