Another Warning Re Capellen Services

Yes Pete but these criminals were all Polish and one speaking with a London accent.

Every post of Robins blames the Polish for his dads misfortune, every anti Polish comment will have the date 1984 in it

Im sure that was the point that was being made.

Everybody understands that you are likely to be robbed in this job, sometimes by your own countrymen, most of the time by the driver you have parked next to and maybe shared a beer

Wheel Nut:
Yes Pete but these criminals were all Polish and one speaking with a London accent.

Every post of Robins blames the Polish for his dads misfortune, every anti Polish comment will have the date 1984 in it

Everybody understands that you are likely to be robbed in this job, sometimes by your own countrymen, most of the time by the driver you have parked next to and maybe shared a beer

Unless Germans, Italians or Russians have started to speak Polish and drive Polish registered vans with twin axled tilt trailers then its only right to assume they are Polish. I’m not saying every attack reported is by Poles, only this particular one. You may not like me personally, I have often felt that you don’t, but please dont try and blacken my name by suggesting that I am making these events up to suit an anti-polish agenda. If you’re not suggesting that then I appologise to you in advance.
The fact is that the attacks on my father happened and exactly as I previously wrote, you’ll believe me or you won’t, I hope you will, but I have never lied on here and will never do so.

As for the nationality of the criminals who carry out these acts, I really dont care wether they’re Polish, Russian, Dutch or British, they all do the same thing and I’m sure we’ll agree on this, they’re are all scum and I want it known that I in no way make any link between an ordinarry Polish guy making a living driving a truck, and a Polish criminal who puts lives in danger by pumping gas into a truck.

question?

would a criminal that wishes to rob you while you sleep in your truck by inserting gas through a vent be bothered if it killed you?

as most trucks have varying amounts of cubic litres of space based upon each make and model is that criminal likely to purchase a ‘how to effectively gas a driver without killing them’ manual for the purpose?

how much gas does it take to prolong a drivers slumber or make that slumber deeper so the criminal can enter and leave without being disturbed?

truth!

any amount of gas administered will have some effect on a sleeping driver, the effect of the gas will render the driver unable to function temporarily and that time will be based upon the amount of the gas the driver inhales.

luckily so far i don’t think i’ve heard of a driver being killed from a gassing attack alone, lets hope it stays like that.

running money?
when was the last time anyone had running money doing the continent or uk?
any running money given today is usually an advance of pay and is deducted from the drivers wages, decent companies have toll cards, toll tags, go boxes and obu’s, they supply the driver with a fuel card and tunnel card - running money indeed - i don’t know of anyone who has running money and haven’t heard that mentioned since about 1995 - 10 years ago.
thats one of the reasons the brits don’t get pulled up as often as they used to by the police of the eu, they don’t have any company money any more and were all tight when it comes to our own cash.

These organised gangs are not just after your money, but your

CREDIT CARDS; for the fuel, CREDIT CARDS from the bank,

your passport,driveing licence, laptop, digital camera, I-pod, and sorry but you do still have firms that give there drivers running money, due to certain
billshaveing to be paid in cash still with no receipts given, music cd,s , dvd,s , this is what they take, also certain spare parts like airbag units, etc,

i do carry running money as i refuse to pay the bosses bills for him,

deleted reply :stuck_out_tongue:

when i say running money i didn’t mean the 100euro advance - i meant proper running money - enough to pay for all of the fuel used, the road tolls, tunnel passage etc. gone are the days when drivers were given £1000 to go to milan and back (at least for drivers from the uk), today all most drivers get is either an advance on their wages or night out money paid up front which still equates to an advance of wages really.

what do you think i am talking about, and not every one stays in the civilised EU countrys,

thats why i don’t post on this site very often - your all so touchy and don’t take criticism too well, you may have all that money to go all over but as 75% of the uk operators doing europe 10 years ago no longer either do europe or do it with uk drivers then there aren’t many brits going out with running money - there aren’t many brits going out full stop.

Johnny.i belive that enough firms do go abroad but due to the way some of the compertition works in to-days trade they do not advertise what they are doing so that the job stays where it is and not loseing it by some
one undercutting the rate,s

johnny:
when i say running money i didn’t mean the 100euro advance - i meant proper running money - enough to pay for all of the fuel used, the road tolls, tunnel passage etc. gone are the days when drivers were given £1000 to go to milan and back (at least for drivers from the uk), today all most drivers get is either an advance on their wages or night out money paid up front which still equates to an advance of wages really.

Sorry Jonny but you’re wrong.
Biggles,who is a Tnet member,was until very recently driving for a UK company to Greece with no toll or fuel cards.Everything was paid cash with running money given to him up-front.

MAD28:
Sorry to hear about your colleague Neil, glad he is ok. Just out interest what was he driving??

When i told my dad he was shocked, he always thought Capellen was a safe place.

He was driving a DAF SSC which is around 6 months old. Capellen services haven’t been a safe place for a while now, Luxembourg police have been issuing warning about all the service areas in luxembourg for a couple of years now.

As far as the original report goes I have known John for around 20 years and he wouldn’t make something like this up. He also doesn’t carry vast sums of money so there is no reason to make it up to cover having blown it on something and anyway in this case he only lost his wedding ring as he hides everything else. If you think he would make up this because he lost his ring and wanted a story to tell his wife he wouldn’t, he would just tell her.

He is alos not even claiming he was gassed, all he knows is that his cab was broken into and he didn’t hear anything. He also didn’t feel too clever in the morning but that could have been anything.

Neil, the odds are that it was a gas attack and the main gas it is reported by the police that is used is Laughing gas, and unless you get a blood test within a set time limit then this leaves no trace later in the blood system,
this information can be found in old reports plus when talking to the police
from the area,

robinhood_1984:

Wheel Nut:

Unless Germans, Italians or Russians have started to speak Polish and drive Polish registered vans with twin axled tilt trailers then its only right to assume they are Polish. I’m not saying every attack reported is by Poles, only this particular one. You may not like me personally, I have often felt that you don’t, but please dont try and blacken my name by suggesting that I am making these events up to suit an anti-polish agenda. If you’re not suggesting that then I appologise to you in advance.
The fact is that the attacks on my father happened and exactly as I previously wrote, you’ll believe me or you won’t, I hope you will, but I have never lied on here and will never do so.

As for the nationality of the criminals who carry out these acts, I really dont care wether they’re Polish, Russian, Dutch or British, they all do the same thing and I’m sure we’ll agree on this, they’re are all scum and I want it known that I in no way make any link between an ordinarry Polish guy making a living driving a truck, and a Polish criminal who puts lives in danger by pumping gas into a truck.

I drive a Dutch registered truck and speak cloggie…does that make me Dutch?

TheBear:
I drive a Dutch registered truck and speak cloggie…does that make me Dutch?

Ok fine, we’ll just call a bunch of people who all speak Polish to each other and driver a Polish registered van Zimbabweans shall we, after all that is logical isn’t it. What a sad states of affairs it is when I speak of the horrendous actions that were carried out against my father, and all I get is grief.

The fact that you drive a Dutch truck and speak Dutch means nothing. Holland is full of immigrants, a lot of whom will speak Dutch, Poland is not, Poland isn’t a immigrant destination as Holland is and as such the Polish language by virtue of that fact is the sole preserve of the Polish people and as such it isn’t at all un-realistic to state that a group of people who speak Polish amongst themselves are Polish.

I know that if it was me they tried to gas and I got out the cab and had a gun pointed at me, and the people who were doing it were speaking Polish, and I knew this because I could speak reasonable Polish myself, I wouldn’t be pussyfooting around trying to call them Dutch or Belgians to avoid looking anti-Polish. These people were Polish, end of story.

neil, i’m not singling anyone out but doesn’t that strike you as odd? lock everything away except a wedding ring which 99% of people wouldn’t remove to goto bed anyway :question:

anyway, i stand by my statement that the vast majority of such reported incidents are not what they claim to be - and this part-urban myth is largely perpetuated by scare mongers and people who want to make the job sound dangerous and tough down the cafe/pub/wherever

symptoms: missing cash, damage to door locks, feeling like been gassed
hysteria: been robbed, cab broken into after being filled with anaesthetic
actual cause: blown all me cash, ■■■■■■ so broke door locks trying to get in,
now got a stinking hangover

jj72:
actual cause: blown all me cash, [zb] so broke door locks trying to get in,

Definitely not taking sides in this particular disagreement, but I wonder if anyone remembers my thread ‘The Auvergnat, the Perigourdin, and the mad Dutchman’ of a month or so ago.
Now I wonder how that particular Dutchman explained the damaged cab to his boss. Interesting. :unamused:

I really do think there are two sides valid here. I’ve never been gassed but I have been locked out. Fortunately no damage resulted so no need for porkies. To read the story try this link if it still works
the-phone-book.com/version12/stories.php and click on the title ‘Lockout’ or the author ‘Regis-David’ (my French nom de plume :blush: ).
I wrote it as fiction but in fact everything happened to me except the last line, added for extra spice. :laughing: It took place in about 1980 and the wagon was a MAN.

Salut, David.

jj72:
neil, i’m not singling anyone out but doesn’t that strike you as odd? lock everything away except a wedding ring which 99% of people wouldn’t remove to goto bed anyway :question:

I can see why you would think that, and if I didn’t know the guy I think I would also have thoughts in that direction. However I have known the guy for years and have shared a cabin with him on ferries on many occasions and the last thing he does before going to sleep is remove his wedding ring, strange behaviour but that is what he does. I agree most people would not remove it; I couldn’t remove mine even if I wanted to as it appears to have shrunk a little over the last few years. :blush: :blush: :wink: :smiley:
The other stuff wasn’t locked away, just hidden in various places around the cab, something else he does every night as he is very much a creature of habit is John. As far as I know he has only told two other people about it, apart from his wife, so it isn’t a story made up to have bragging rights. There have been many reported incidents at Capellen and Luxembourg police first issued warnings about the place two years ago, something John was unaware of until I told him after his incident. Put all that together and I believe him about being robbed; the gas thing is another matter and he isn’t even claiming that.

jj72:
anyway, i stand by my statement that the vast majority of such reported incidents are not what they claim to be - and this part-urban myth is largely perpetuated by scare mongers and people who want to make the job sound dangerous and tough down the cafe/pub/wherever

actual cause: blown all me cash, [zb] so broke door locks trying to get in,

I agree with you, the vast majority are. I know someone who claimed he had been gassed, robbed and lost all his money, including money given to him by other people to buy beer etc for them, when I had watched him lose it all in the fruit machines on the ferry. He was complaining to me that he had no money for the trip trying to get my sympathy and get a loan from me. I don’t mind helping anyone who is in need, and that would include lending money, but not when they have brought it on them self by playing fruit machines and throwing good money after bad. I didn’t lend him money and the next morning he is phoning the yard saying he has been gassed and robbed and had all his money taken. What money was that then as he was complaining of having none 12 hours earlier?

Having said that I do believe that some gassings do take place and there have been instances when a driver who has been robbed and thought they may have been gassed has had a blood test, which confirmed they had been. It just isn’t going on on the scale it is claimed, because if it was there would have been far more deaths reported or attributed to gas than the two so far.

Coffeeholic:

MAD28:
Sorry to hear about your colleague Neil, glad he is ok. Just out interest what was he driving??

When i told my dad he was shocked, he always thought Capellen was a safe place.

He was driving a DAF SSC which is around 6 months old. Capellen services haven’t been a safe place for a while now, Luxembourg police have been issuing warning about all the service areas in luxembourg for a couple of years now.

Cheers Neil. My dad hasnt been there for ages now, he gave up Euro work about 2 years ago, but he may be doing it again soon.
If he does he will get one of those Gas alarms.
Do alot of you have Gas alarms??
Cheers :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Johnny wrote

when i say running money i didn’t mean the 100euro advance - i meant proper running money - enough to pay for all of the fuel used, the road tolls, tunnel passage etc. gone are the days when drivers were given £1000 to go to milan and back (at least for drivers from the uk), today all most drivers get is either an advance on their wages or night out money paid up front which still equates to an advance of wages really

I have just finished with a firm that pays running money

westie

KW:
Sorry Jonny but you’re wrong.
Biggles,who is a Tnet member,was until very recently driving for a UK company to Greece with no toll or fuel cards.Everything was paid cash with running money given to him up-front.

Yep he did, tho he forgot to pay my wages hence the reason i left,
sdj