Another piece of Sussex defiled

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Some of the best most fertile farmland in the country and nicest countryside as part of that.Together with the best growing climate.So let’s turn it into an urban zb hole while we leave huge swathes of the North a barren under developed waste land.That’ll fix it.

You should load your dear mother into the Jag and take a holiday up north for a change instead of Mainland Europe. You’d actually find the north is actually rather a lovely :wink:

Ironically she is going to be loaded into a hearse tomorrow morning to take her back home to rest with my dad in a part of a London field that will be forever Surrey. :cry: :imp:

What we have is a very widespread problem. I am in Perthshire (quite a bit north) and my town is encroaching on fertile agricultural land. The middle of the town is derelict with closed down shops and hotels that no longer function. Its easier for the big housebuilders to take over green fields and drop ticky tacky boxes on them.

switchlogic:
Well I can see the logic building them there as Sussex is something of a dump already, less to ruin…

Yep Arundel ■■■■■,looks just like Milton Keynes,don’t you think? :unamused:

Touch paper lit… :wink:

Goldfinger:
Need to ‘define’ the ‘north’…

Some think it ends at the M62, and that’s where Scotland begins… :neutral_face:

Being pedantic i’d say the real north starts around Preston,the manc/Liv/Leeds would be North midlands,but that’s a pet theory iv’e long nurtured :angry: I always have a true sense of the North when in Tyneside or Wetherby at a push.As a Mancunian i’d be far more amenable to being Southern Scotland,anything butbeing under the jackboot of putrid Babylondinium.

Lennoxtown:

manalishi:

alamcculloch:
I know where you are coming from. The builders keep going for green field sites.What about the brown field sites ,the former mills and factories. The towns and cities have nothing in them but the periphery is bursting out.

Or the golf courses.The very quintessence of wasted land.Way too many of em,but that wouldn’t wash with the masonic demographic I guess.

Listen to what comedian George Carlin says about golf courses… a brilliant piece of observation. He spoke
a lot of sense this guy! Lol… the first half of the video about homelessness is also well worth a listen. One of
my favourite comedians!

https://youtu.be/AbSRCjG-VLk?t=146

Warning: this video contains swearing and may upset golfers - DON’T watch if easily offended! :smiley:

■■■■ fine satarist ol George r.i.p,part of the fine boat-rocker tendency that the late great Bill Hicks and even,early Woody Allen (love&death,bananas) made happen by comedic genius.Hard to find that intelligence with the current crop,Macintyre ad nauseum.

Lennoxtown:

manalishi:

alamcculloch:
I know where you are coming from. The builders keep going for green field sites.What about the brown field sites ,the former mills and factories. The towns and cities have nothing in them but the periphery is bursting out.

Or the golf courses.The very quintessence of wasted land.Way too many of em,but that wouldn’t wash with the masonic demographic I guess.

Listen to what comedian George Carlin says about golf courses… a brilliant piece of observation. He spoke
a lot of sense this guy! Lol… the first half of the video about homelessness is also well worth a listen. One of
my favourite comedians!

https://youtu.be/AbSRCjG-VLk?t=146

Warning: this video contains swearing and may upset golfers - DON’T watch if easily offended! :smiley:

Thanks for that clip,one I haven’t seen before.Fabulous,tells it like it is.

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:
Oh don’t you just love the self righteous NIMBY’s who will deny the next generation that which they themselves spend all their live chasing ?

Or am I the only one who senses the hypocrisy of those living in houses which were once build on green land, now decrying the building of new houses on green land.

The obvious solution to not building more houses is to share the available housing…

Youre right to look to the underlying causes of more housing.
Obviously a rising population needs more housing, and since many of us would like a patch of grass, apartments aren’t the total solution.
And we should be aware that practising family planning will make no difference: the present economic model demands an increasing population. Both for economic growth and care of an aging community. We don’t have immigrants because of slack borders: we have them to fulfil an economic need. (I won’t go off on a Brexit tack, but it is relevant).
The system needs a wide youthful base, both to buy stuff, and work to fund the increasing numbers of and older retirees at the apex of the pyramid.
Capitalism has got us up(?) this far, but it may be reaching it’s limits. The present system only works when it expands, it fails when it stands still.

Capitalism has long reached it’s limits.Monopolistic vulture capitalism’s the ■■■■■■■ offspring,basically a snake swallowing it’s own tail.I can’t see how opening our chronically overcrowded island to all and sundry,3-4 million approx…and breeding.adds to the gaiety of our nation in any shape or form.There are limits.If you haven’t twigged yet that this is a deliberate nation take-down project then I can excuse your theories.Cancer is a growth,London is a cancerous growth and all our prized rural locales are being infected by this malignous entity.

I read a credible study recently that concluded the entire population of earth could be housed in Texas,with a least 5 or so acres of land to spare,this theory flies somewhat in the face of the Malthusian doctrines that have long informed governments of the world for decades.Sure there’s a strong argument for controlling rampant population growth,let’s start with the bloodline families who call the shots>Astor,Bruce,st clair,Du pont,Cavendish,Rothschild,Oppenheimer,Saxa Coburg (Windsor) I’d be ecstactic to see the demise of these planet-plundering heads of>Standard oil,De Beers,Morgan Stanley,Monsanto etc.They were all too keen on a large worker ant populace to keep them in country-estates,insulated by their plunderous shenanigans over the centuries gone.The ptb are our enemy,make no mistake.They want us in artificial units called cities,detatched from the natural scheme of life and totally monitored and consequently controlled.Are you not getting a sense of it yet? :open_mouth:
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Some of the best most fertile farmland in the country and nicest countryside as part of that.Together with the best growing climate.So let’s turn it into an urban zb hole while we leave huge swathes of the North a barren under developed waste land.That’ll fix it.

You should load your dear mother into the Jag and take a holiday up north for a change instead of Mainland Europe. You’d actually find the north is actually rather a lovely :wink:

Ironically she is going to be loaded into a hearse tomorrow morning to take her back home to rest with my dad in a part of a London field that will be forever Surrey. :cry: :imp:

Ah I’m very sorry to hear that old chap. Hope you’re doing OK