Another "moving to Canada" thread

I have just recently returned from Alberta after working out there for 4yrs, even if you gain some class 1 experience in the UK dont forget that when you get to Canada you will have to take that province class 1 test again, your UK licence is not valid, I worked in the oil patch, although it’s not bad money, the companies treat you like ■■■■, and of course your work permit is only valid for that 1 company, dont get me wrong it’s an experience, and if you want to go down the route of PR you could have a decent life, but take it from me the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Hgv driver of 33 yrs experience.

Hi Mick

It would be good if you could tell us more about your experiences living and working in Canada.
Why have you decided to come back to the UK, was it because of job situation in Canada or do you think you would be having a better life living in the UK and working as a lorry driver?

It would take too long going through all the various different experiences I went through Hkloss1 but if anyone posts back on this thread with a question, I will definitely try to answer them.

Hi Mick

I would definitely be interested in all the good and bad Canada has to offer.
So here are my questions:

1. How long have stayed there,
  2. have you gotten your PR,
  3. what province did you go to,
  4. what Type of job did you do, what was the money like,
  5. what was the home time like,
  6. how long did you have to be away for,
  7. what made to come back to the UK,
  8. what did you like about Canada and what did you hate
  9. Is Canada a better place to be truck driver than the UK, money wise, quality of life wise?

If you prefer to send a private message, feel free to do so.

Thanks