Andrew wishart kirkcaldy

geepir:
Jock Mitchell.

Hi Geepir

What happend to Jock? i knew him for a long time, first met Jock on a trip to Greece in 1994 when he was driving a Fridge, think it was a silver Iveco, then i used to see him quite alot when he was on for Wishart.

Cheer`s Mark

Puppy:
I remember in the early nineties being stuck in the French lorry blockades with 2/3 Wishart boys. We were all parkied up on the motorway in between the two ring road peages. These boys said that they would be breaking out that night come what may, there had been stories circulating about violence being metered out to anybody caught running the blockades… When we got from our beds the next morning they were out and gone. I spoke to one of my mates who was stuck up near Caen and told me they had turned up there a couple of days later but had suffered some damage to their motors. I was stuck for 10 days, as an OD not good!! Fair play to those boys for getting ou though!! :smiley:

IMAG0548-1-1.jpg

IMAG0538-1-1.jpg

French blockade @ Toulouse.
20 years ago.

IMAG0539-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Pirie’s

I remember seeing these Leyland Octopus 8 wheelers passing through Carlisle frequently in the late 1950s and early 60s always immaculate.
Cheers, Leyland 600

FlyFifer:
Sorry to reopen this thread but…

Kevin is now a …wait for it … “Driving instructor” with ProScot & he got the nickname with us at Wisharts after all the damage he caused :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A crackin’ bloke, but just tried too hard to impress.

As Simon added, every country on the side of the trailers had been delivered to, i was regularly in Cz & Hungary myself with either tyres or Velux windows.

I was with Wishart on 2 occasions 89-91 & 95-2001

Simon, are you still in contact with the pig ? Is he still with Pollock ?

Hi FlyFifer
Just seen this post and a had a little giggle as his nick name at the time as you say was the destroyer. If you see him please tell him i said hello and ask him to try and get in touch.
Reg Colin

Kenny oliver died last year Davie. He was working with pollok on the pulp until he took ill.

driven by Wullie Peat

$(KGrHqV,!rME-Y8lhQ_lBP1yJwKg5w~~60_12.JPG

Which year did they close down,i remember seeing them all the time heading south and fueling at crooklands.Ive been out of the country for 7 years and have lost touch with whats going on.I drove for Kidds out of Lancaster for 17 years before heading across the pond!!.

They went from A.Wishart & Sons to Wishart International/palletline around 04/05 then they moved yards to rosyth around 07/08 & I think they finished up around 09/10 ish.

Driven here by Donald Wishart.

Driven here by Wullie Neilson.

FatboyMark:

geepir:
Jock Mitchell.

Hi Geepir

What happend to Jock? i knew him for a long time, first met Jock on a trip to Greece in 1994 when he was driving a Fridge, think it was a silver Iveco, then i used to see him quite alot when he was on for Wishart.

Cheer`s Mark

Jock now works for Van den Bosch running beer from the Master brewery in Amsterdam to all over Europe Mark. He works away for 3 weeks then comes home to Kirkcaldy for a week’s r&r.

Rab Aitken & Dunc Campbell’s FH12s

IMAG0785-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Adamson