Andrew Gormanly -Dratsabasti. RIP

my condolences…rest in peace.

Condolences to all Andys family & colleagues

RIP dratsabasti

My condolences to his family,
i dont think i new him but he was one of us and will be sadly missed rip andy and keep trucking in the sky

R I P Andy

Condolences to his family

What tragic news.

R.I.P. Andy

Although I never knew you,I feel deeply saddened by your untimely departure.
“May the Lord bless you and keep you safe”. And my sincerest condolences to your family.

I understand Andy’s funeral is on Monday 26th January at 11.40hours ay Grimsby Crematorium I gather it will have a military connection as Andy was a medic in the military. I hope some of our members will be there also .
R.I.P soldier

As promised by his family, I now have the full details of Andy’s funeral arrangements.

It will be held on Monday 26th January at 11.40am at Grimsby Crematorium, Weelsby Avenue, Grimsby DN32 0BA.

Everyone is welcome at the Crematorium and also back to raise a glass in Andy’s memory at the British Legion, Cartergate, Grimsby.

I have been asked to stress that while everyone is welcome, sadly there isn’t room, after all, for trucks at the Crematorium.

Phillip and Rebekah, and indeed the entire family, have expressed a wish that people send flowers OR a donation to The Professional Drivers Foundation.

Donations can be made on the day or sent to the funeral directors, at

Near and Near
The Mews
David Street
Grimsby
DN32 9NN

If any further information is required please call 07909 995615

Pat

Just to confirm that while members are of course able to send floral tributes/ donations in Andy’s memory if they wish, A floral tribute will be sent by us on behalf of the members here.

Sorry Terry and I will not be able to make the funeral, but our thoughts will be with his son and daughter at this time. Donations has been made in memory of Andy to Lincolnshire Air Ambulance on the Just Giving site. Liz and Terry Waters.

RIP Andy. My Condolences to your family.

Respect,

RIP. Buddy.

:frowning:

Rest in peace.

RIP. Deepest condolences to Andy’s family.

R.I.P Andy
My thoughts to his Family :frowning:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain,.
When you awakenin the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there I did not die.
RIP Andy

I hope all goes to plan tomorrow for the funeral , my thoughts and prayers are with the family. I am sure Trucknetuk members will be well represented to pay homage to a pure gentleman.

My thoughts are with his family today.

RIP… My thoughts are with all who new him!!! :cry:

I thought you all might like to see this report so have posted it on here.

Andy’s Family have all been helped so much by the messages of support from ALL of the various forums Andy posted on, and are heartened to know that he had so many friends online.

There was a lovely wreath from Trucknet UK and it’s Members as well, which meant a lot to them.

Here it is.

Well, John (VB Monkey) Matthew ( BBD) and myself have just got home from Andy’s funeral and what can I say?

What a lovely ceremony and celebration of his life.

There were 3 Standard Bearers and his coffin was draped in his Regiments flag. The last post was also played.

Andy would have been so proud, not only of that but by the way his children, Rebbekah and Phillip behaved.
They have grown up today into adults and not only that they are adults that Andy can always be proud of.

Well done to both of you, the words you said and the way you both handled yourselves is a credit to Andy and Chandra, your Mum.

Back at the British Legion we saw many photo’s of Andy in his Army days and also one of him at Truckfest Driffield some years ago :smiley:

We drank a toast to a fellow lorrry driver, to a very well respected man but most of all to a very old friend.

BUT, I can’t leave this post on a sombre note and I have Phillips permission to post this…

As we sat down in the crematorium and was listening to the first address there came a robotic voice out of the silence from right behind us.

It said ‘‘YOU HAVE NOW REACHED YOUR DESTINATION’’

Quickly followed by ‘‘Oh ■■■■’’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, someone had put their SatNav in their bag or pocket and had forgotten to turn it off :blush: :blush:

I don’t know who it was, I don’t really want to know but both VBmonkey and I have a wicked sense of humour and immediately saw the cryptic side of this and both ended up suppressing the giggles.

Andy would also have cracked up and I know he left us laughing after that :smiley: :smiley:

RIP Andy, old friend :cry:

Pat

Pat