And another one.

Mazzer2:

toonsy:
That’s his point. He’s saying if it was a foreign driver it would’ve been mentioned

I agree but the point being is that the majority of people in Britain are British therefore the assumption is that he is British unless stated otherwise. We don’t say a British mugger robbed a British couple at knifepoint in the centre of London so why should this be any different.

Never happen, because British people in London are a minority.( Census)

Juddian:
Directly employed drivers in good jobs worth keeping don’t do stupid stuff like this, if for no other reason than the employer can be choosy, if they develop a drink or drug or other problem during employ a switched on admin/management with equally good jobs to look after start the ball rolling.

Best paragraph on this thread.

Juddian:
Lowest Common Denominator rules apply.

This is what happens when a job is dumbed down to LCD level so any cheap fool can do it, you get cheap fools/dummies.

Got a high opinion of yourself you mate. We drive lorrys not open heart surgery you ■■■■■■■ ■■■.

SuperMultiBlue:

Juddian:

This is what happens when a job is dumbed down to LCD level so any cheap fool can do it, you get cheap fools/dummies.

Got a high opinion of yourself you mate. We drive lorrys not open heart surgery you [zb] ■■■.

You wouldn’t want your doctor ■■■■■■ as a ■■■■, you don’t want a lorry driver likewise.

Radar19:

SuperMultiBlue:

Juddian:

Got a high opinion of yourself you mate. We drive lorrys not open heart surgery you [zb] ■■■.

You wouldn’t want your doctor ■■■■■■ as a ■■■■, you don’t want a lorry driver likewise.

Try and stay on point pal. Dumbing down of the job ffs. Like this ■■■■ is anything special :laughing:

SuperMultiBlue:

Radar19:

SuperMultiBlue:

Juddian:

Try and stay on point pal. Dumbing down of the job ffs. Like this [zb] is anything special :laughing:

And yet people still manage to ■■■■ it up monumentally.

Captain Caveman 76:

SuperMultiBlue:

Radar19:

SuperMultiBlue:

Juddian:

Try and stay on point pal. Dumbing down of the job ffs. Like this [zb] is anything special [emoji38]

And yet people still manage to [zb] it up monumentally.

Made me lol

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Arrested Saturday, remanded in custody, charged Sunday, straight to court on Monday morning and sent to prison!

51 year old male from Cwmbran, Wales.

Cosmic:
Arrested Saturday, remanded in custody, charged Sunday, straight to court on Monday morning and sent to prison!

16 weeks prison, banned for 3yrs. : plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p … nk-1490191

Andrejs:

Mazzer2:

Andrejs:

simcor:
Lorry driver charged with drink-driving - Plymouth Live

4 and half times over the limit.

Just beggars belief.

When they found POlish drivers that police post-we found driver from Poland who …When they found Brits drivers with alkohol that they not post who drivers mister James or Steve or…

The fact that they haven’t given his nationality would lead you to believe that it is a British driver

Yes.But why they post nationality when bad drivers Polish or Romanian.Must post nationality all the time or never.

Happy that his nationality has now been in the paper?

Andrew Allen of course that sounds like a very British name or rather Welsh name.

mrginge:

Cosmic:

Without condoning his actions in any way, it is a sad, sad story. A guy, with a family, who played rugby for Wales, driven a truck for years without even a single conviction / points for anything is now basically on the scrapheap, sad. :frowning:

Sidevalve:

Juddian:

For once Juddian I have to disagree with you. The man was a bloody fool, no doubt about that, and I sincerely hope he loses his vocational entitlement for a very long time; but I fail to see what todays allegedly lower standards have to do with it. Back in the day, down at the infamous Newport Cattle Market, there was a hard-core of boys who regularly got well plastered in the Picton or the Alma and could often be observed weaving back to their cabs (and occasionally failing to make the distance) in the small hours; only to be setting off again at six o’clock sharp. The police station, as you probably know, was just round the corner, but you never saw a bobby question anyone about it, in fact you rarely saw a bobby.

If anything standards in this area are higher, and tolerances lower, than they’ve ever been; random breath and drug testing by employers for example is an accepted part of the game these days. The mystery is how he managed to get in and out of Magor without being rumbled if he was that hammered, and Tesco will no doubt be asking some pretty serious questions of the duty supervisors. I don’t particularly buy the theory that he only started boozing once he left the site.

^^^THIS

I’m not convinced all his drinking was done the night before.

TiredAndEmotional:

Why not? If what he has stated is true ( and why wouldn’t it be) then his alcohol level is consistent with that.
Not an exact science but a 75cl bottle of normal strength vodka is 28 units of alcohol.
He finished drinking about 3 a.m. and started driving to work 7-8 hours later.
The liver gets rid of alcohol at approximately 1 unit per hour AFTER you have stopped drinking. That would bring the units of alcohol in his body down to about 20 ( or slightly less by the time the police tested him.
The drink drive limit is approximately 4 units and 4.5 times the limit is 18 units.
Like I said, it is not an exact science because everybody reacts differently, but his story is entirely consistent.
Unless you think he had been had drunk about 5 cans of super strength (8%) lager just before driving…

Juddian:

I agree the job has been dumbed down and there are plenty fools and dummies but don’t fool yourself because this sort of thing went on 3 or 4 decades ago as well. :unamused:

manski:

mrginge:

Cosmic:

Without condoning his actions in any way, it is a sad, sad story. A guy, with a family, who played rugby for Wales, driven a truck for years without even a single conviction / points for anything is now basically on the scrapheap, sad. :frowning:

And yet it is for those very same reasons that I find it impossible to have one iota of sympathy for him.By your description he’s an experienced and reponsible driver. Yet he set off to work, despite his protests, in the full knowledge that he wasn’t anywhere remotely near legal to drive. On the ■■■■ till 3am, assume in bed for maximum five hours kip, and he thought he was going to be okay? It begs the question to me that maybe he’s got a history of this but has up to now never been caught.

And, for the record, I have; back in 1992 I got done riding back from a friend’s funeral in Newark. Wasn’t doing anything silly, had only had two pints all evening; unfortunately the bell-end on my pillion thought it would be clever to flap his arms as we rounded a corner, in full view of three bobbies (including the local inspector) who were stood there. Came out of the kebab shop, he was waiting outside, prat on pillion got cocky, ended up with us both being breathalysed. I was a tad over, so ended up with a year’s ban and £200 fine. Coppers said afterwards if I’d been on my own they wouldn’t have even looked twice, and to their credit they gave me as much of a good rep in court as they could; but when the boss says “book 'em” you don’t argue.

Now I do not want nor deserve any sympathy for that tale; it was 36 years ago and I learned my lesson. Regrettably there are still hundreds if not thousands of drivers who haven’t learned, and still continue to not only break the law but, like this idiot, kick the arse out of it in style. They’re the ones who give the rest of us a bad reputation, and need taking out of this industry.

Magicmikew:

TiredAndEmotional:

Why not? If what he has stated is true ( and why wouldn’t it be) then his alcohol level is consistent with that.
Not an exact science but a 75cl bottle of normal strength vodka is 28 units of alcohol.
He finished drinking about 3 a.m. and started driving to work 7-8 hours later.
The liver gets rid of alcohol at approximately 1 unit per hour AFTER you have stopped drinking. That would bring the units of alcohol in his body down to about 20 ( or slightly less by the time the police tested him.
The drink drive limit is approximately 4 units and 4.5 times the limit is 18 units.
Like I said, it is not an exact science because everybody reacts differently, but his story is entirely consistent.
Unless you think he had been had drunk about 5 cans of super strength (8%) lager just before driving…

Why not? Because he was able to satisfy the desk jockey he was fit to drive when he booked on and yet needed assistance from the coppers when they collared him. It’s just a thought, not an exact science. :slight_smile: