An Apology required

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:
Ok so I have probably upset a few people with a comment I made with regards my outburst. I think I had said something on the lines of those who have done nothing with their lives except sit in a lorry, this was a bit wrong of me to say as there are some members on here who have done just that. I was wrong in saying this as it was a bit patronising and making out that this was a waste of life. Of course I was not meaning this in a literal sense as there are some really decent people and some very clever people who are proud of their job. I apologise if I have offended any of these. I suppose when you are like me, someone who has had a very distinguished career you tend to dismiss others who have not had my high pressure life style. I would really hate to think anyone was offended, as this was totally wrong of me. I make no excuses for this, however maybe an explanation may let you understand better. I went through a tough time with my business and nearly lost everything at one point. I worked very hard to get my life back on track and regain my financial standing, I worked as a Industrial refrigeration consultant and was designing and trouble shooting cold stores and freezer plants world wide. It was a high stress job that nearly took my life rather help rebuild it. I started this thread “taking the ■■■■” as I was being forced back to the position I left and was only asking for opinions. I did not expect the comments I received. I suppose it tipped me over the edge as I am not used to anyone questioning me. I apologise sincerely and have the utmost respect for an amount of you on here. Others not so much but still I should not have resorted to such insults. Hopefully this explanation may help you understand.

*Do you write this [zb] in front of a mirror?

*Did

Just don’t talk about refrigerators ‘almost taking your life’…it’s offensive to people who have, as young lads who have watched their mates blown to bits.

the nodding donkey:
If I was a commercial fisherman, I’d ditch the electronics, and offer the vagabond a job…

Seek and ye shall find…

Expert fisherman.jpg

There are some sick people on here and this poster falls into this category sick in the head
Where you neglected as a child and not given any proper minding that you have to come on here and look for approval you just insulated every one again
There are many people driving trucks that have a lot more qualifications than you have but like what driving a truck has to offer them
God the insult of being asked to manually fix a fridge after you travelling the world spilling your crap everywhere
Welcome to the minnows world fool

Heisenberrg:
Just don’t talk about refrigerators ‘almost taking your life’…it’s offensive to people who have, as young lads who have watched their mates blown to bits.

Well unfortunately it wasn’t you

UKtramp:
Ok so I have probably upset a few people with a comment I made with regards my outburst. I think I had said something on the lines of those who have done nothing with their lives except sit in a lorry, this was a bit wrong of me to say as there are some members on here who have done just that. I was wrong in saying this as it was a bit patronising and making out that this was a waste of life. Of course I was not meaning this in a literal sense as there are some really decent people and some very clever people who are proud of their job. I apologise if I have offended any of these. I suppose when you are like me, someone who has had a very distinguished career you tend to dismiss others who have not had my high pressure life style. I would really hate to think anyone was offended, as this was totally wrong of me. I make no excuses for this, however maybe an explanation may let you understand better. I went through a tough time with my business and nearly lost everything at one point. I worked very hard to get my life back on track and regain my financial standing, I worked as a Industrial refrigeration consultant and was designing and trouble shooting cold stores and freezer plants world wide. It was a high stress job that nearly took my life rather help rebuild it. I started this thread “taking the ■■■■” as I was being forced back to the position I left and was only asking for opinions. I did not expect the comments I received. I suppose it tipped me over the edge as I am not used to anyone questioning me. I apologise sincerely and have the utmost respect for an amount of you on here. Others not so much but still I should not have resorted to such insults. Hopefully this explanation may help you understand.

May I be so bold to ask, what has been distinguished about your career, what exactly have you done?

woody2808:

UKtramp:

May I be so bold to ask, what has been distinguished about your career, what exactly have you done?

A considerable amount is all I am willing to say.

UKtramp:

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

*Did

No, ‘did’ indicates past tense, an event that has happened. I posit that your postings are an ongoing discomfort, and therefore used ‘do’ quite correctly.

UKtramp:

Heisenberrg:

Well unfortunately it wasn’t you

Oh dear, you really are struggling to keep the angry 12 year old hidden away, aren’t you? Typical teenager forum behaviour.

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

*Did

No, ‘did’ indicates past tense, an event that has happened. I posit that your postings are an ongoing discomfort, and therefore used ‘do’ quite correctly.

No it is did and if wrote in front of a mirror would still say did

It would seem that there are some profound anger management issues here…

UK Tramp might find that there are more relevant forums available on the internet to vent his inner frustrations…

I don’t think this is the right place to get any resolutions to the massive anxieties caused by being an abject failure…just one mans opinion.

Heisenberrg:

UK Tramp might find that there are more relevant forums available on the internet to vent his inner frustrations…

I don’t think this is the right place to get any resolutions to the massive anxieties caused by being an abject failure…just one mans opinion.

But it comes from you so not exactly relevant to one mans opinion is it. Go straighten your teeth.

UKtramp:

Heisenberrg:

But it comes from you so not exactly relevant to one mans opinion is it. Go straighten your teeth.

I love seeing a teenage troll fall apart. Especially the ones that started out quite well.

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

Heisenberrg:

I love seeing a teenage troll fall apart. Especially the ones that started out quite well.

I am sure you do, pity I am not falling apart quite yet.

I’m genuinely curious now. Out of the entire thread, only one poster (me) has accepted your apology, and they’re the only person you haven’t replied to. It’s got me wondering, do you actually enjoy the conflict?

Captain Caveman 76:
I’m genuinely curious now. Out of the entire thread, only one poster (me) has accepted your apology, and they’re the only person you haven’t replied to. It’s got me wondering, do you actually enjoy the conflict?

What do you think?

UKtramp:
I think I had said something on the lines of those who have done nothing with their lives except sit in a lorry, this was a bit wrong of me to say as there are some members on here who have done just that.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was wrong in saying this as it was a bit patronising and making out that this was a waste of life. Of course I was not meaning this in a literal sense as there are some really decent people and some very clever people who are proud of their job. I apologise if I have offended any of these.

I suppose you’d agree that some of your best friends are lorry drivers?

I bet your biggest talent is the ability to clear a room just by walking into it

Rjan:

UKtramp:
I think I had said something on the lines of those who have done nothing with their lives except sit in a lorry, this was a bit wrong of me to say as there are some members on here who have done just that.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was wrong in saying this as it was a bit patronising and making out that this was a waste of life. Of course I was not meaning this in a literal sense as there are some really decent people and some very clever people who are proud of their job. I apologise if I have offended any of these.

I suppose you’d agree that some of your best friends are lorry drivers?

Hell no

I never read your post UKtramp,but after reading your apology I went back to it and did read it,i have to say I agree with you,they are extracting the urine because they know you can repair them and if you carried on repairing them it would save them a fortune in getting someone in,as they took you on as a driver that’s it unless stated in your contract of employment that your expected to do other duties as well as driving,not quite the same thing but I had an operations manager who wanted me to work every other Saturday,i was employed to work Monday to Friday,i was doing 13 hr days and when I refused this request his reply was well,we will see,i then went home, checked my contract, went in the next day and showed him that it was for Monday to Friday,he was not a happy chappy as he didn’t have a leg to stand on,only problem after that is he was looking for every available chance to pull me in and try and sack me,which he eventually did for what he said was gross misconduct,glad in a way as I could not stand him.